Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Haven't Done My Taxes Yet...
AnythingsPossible 11:54 AM 04-01-2011
Anyone else in this boat with me? I have been dreading it this year. I have most of the leg work done, just havent taken the time to actually sit down and get it done. I keep telling my husband I'll do it on the weekend. Only a few of those left! Totally not on the ball this year!!!
Blackcat31 12:31 PM 04-01-2011
Just turned my stuff into my tax preparer yesterday. She is pretty quick, but I am usually more on the ball than this.

Next year I think I am going to have Legomom do my taxes...she's very creative
Stacy214 12:40 PM 04-01-2011
Nope, just pulled together the figures this morning but hope to get them in next week. I am such a procrastinator
blueclouds29 12:47 PM 04-01-2011
Nope haven't done them either. We honestly don't have the money to pay someone. So we have to wait. My husband just got a job after being laid off for 3 month. He won't get paid till next week. We can't do them ourselves cause its our first time doing in home daycare on the taxes.
heyhun77 08:33 PM 04-01-2011
I keep up with the receipts and such throughout the year and then during christmas holiday break I get the end of the year numbers together and get them to the accountant so all we're waiting on is w-2's and other statements to come in the mail. This was the first year I actually had everything ready by the 10th of January other than a few statements that hadn't come yet. One stupid interest statement held us up until mid-February.
legomom922 06:08 AM 04-02-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Just turned my stuff into my tax preparer yesterday. She is pretty quick, but I am usually more on the ball than this.

Next year I think I am going to have Legomom do my taxes...she's very creative
You are too funny!

I signed up for MMK in July, but never had time to input everything, and I was learning so much as I was going along, and then I had some family drama that had dropped in my lap, so I have been working on tax stuff now since Jan!! However, one reason why it has taken me sooo long, is I am being very thorough, and missing a trick (as blackcat pointed out), and I keep coming up with more things to ck on. I should be a wiz at this next yr though! I want every cent I'm entitled to!
Michael 11:33 AM 04-02-2011
Tom Copeland has been a great help here on the forum. I've tagged most of his responses. Some of his answers may be of help to you. https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=tom+copeland
MyAngels 12:23 PM 04-02-2011
I've been getting increasingly frequent and stern messages from the financial aid offices at my kids' colleges, so I was forced to finish them up last week and get them to the tax guy - otherwise I'd still be procrastinating on this. I hate taxes.
Tags:mmk, taxes, taxes - not done yet, tom copeland
Reply Up