Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do you have a sandbox?
Oneluckymom 02:38 PM 01-12-2012
I am considering adding one to my yard and wanted to know if I would be sorry later

I would keep it covered with a tarp when I'm not using it.

Good or bad idea?
sharlan 02:41 PM 01-12-2012
I don't have a sandbox, but I have a sand table.

I bought 2 large cement mixing tubs at Home Depot and set them on a low table. So far, my cats have stayed out of them.
kidkair 02:49 PM 01-12-2012
I have a huge 6' by 6' sandbox in my yard and I love it! I cover it with a tarp and use tarp holders to keep it down. I drape it and secure it over the fence right next to the sandbox when it's open. The only thing I have against it is that the kids will bounce off the walls inside and then sit quietly for hours in the sandbox when we are outside. To stop that I just don't open it up until the kids have ran around for 1/2 hour or so. As far as tracking sand and such yes it happens and the sand gets everywhere but I don't mind sand everywhere and just sweep/vacuum a little more often. I also bring a small towel out when the sand is wet to help brush it off before going inside.
daycare 03:01 PM 01-12-2012
we have a super sand box and I could not live without it. The kids love the sandbox and get lost in it for hours. During the summer months we make mud pies and use it for other things too.

We just had a dino dig in it as part of our curriculum. We played paleontologist for the day digging up fossils.... Love it, just make sure that tarp is on tight or the cats will come and do their business in it..
SilverSabre25 03:41 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by kidkair:
I have a huge 6' by 6' sandbox in my yard and I love it! I cover it with a tarp and use tarp holders to keep it down. I drape it and secure it over the fence right next to the sandbox when it's open. The only thing I have against it is that the kids will bounce off the walls inside and then sit quietly for hours in the sandbox when we are outside. To stop that I just don't open it up until the kids have ran around for 1/2 hour or so. As far as tracking sand and such yes it happens and the sand gets everywhere but I don't mind sand everywhere and just sweep/vacuum a little more often. I also bring a small towel out when the sand is wet to help brush it off before going inside.
baby powder apparently gets the sand right off
Ariana 04:17 PM 01-12-2012
I love my sandbox!! Excellent purchase IMO
WImom 04:22 PM 01-12-2012
I have a sand table but no sand box. I didn't want sand inside clothes and shoes.
Blackcat31 04:29 PM 01-12-2012
12X12 sandbox here. It is the ONLY "toy" I have continually had since day one and is the ONLY thing ALL kids play in.
Reply Up