Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question About How To Charge For Situation...
MNMum 02:56 PM 01-17-2012
How would you charge for this?

I have an infant that I was charging for a 3 day spot but was only using 2 days. I told them if I found someone to take at least one of the other days I would drop their rate. For 3 days it was $110/wk, now it will be $90 (drop in rate of $45 x2). The other child will only be here one day a week to start. But it is a contracted day ($45). So I have this one other day available (I'm only open 4 days/wk). I know that the infant who has been here will occasionally want to use that third day. Would you charge them $135(90+45) for that week or $110(the rate they had been paying for 3 days)?

I hope I've explained this in a way that people can understand...

Thanks!
SilverSabre25 03:15 PM 01-17-2012
hmm...if they use all three days in a week, then I would prolly just charge the $110, but it depends on the wording in your contract. If you phrase it that 1-2 days/week is the drop-in rate of $45/day and 3 days+ is the lower rate then I would do then $110.
kidkair 03:24 PM 01-17-2012
The way I'd do it: I'd offer them contracted days first. If they contract for two days a week and want to drop in a third day then only the third day would be the drop in fee and they'd have to get permission ahead of time. If they had to go to drop-in they would have to get permission for the days they wanted ahead of time, they would not be guaranteed the spot before permission was granted, and every day would be the same rate. T
laundrymom 03:35 PM 01-17-2012
I would go with the higher rate. It's above and beyond contract.
Tags:infant - rates
Reply Up