Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Child-Proofing A Workout Room?
newtodaycare22 11:30 AM 09-27-2012
So, one of my rooms is licensed for only napping....but I never use it. When child care approved it, she saw it as it is now: just a filing cabinet, printer, futon, and my husband's weights that he works out with. The weights are too heavy for any kid to lift and I have all preschoolers, but I still expected her to say something about them (I got the room approved during an unexpected visit, otherwise I would've moved them). However, even though she didn't say anything, I don't like the idea of them there. I want to put one of my sleep fighters in there next week and I want to do something with the weights. Any ideas? Should I just cover them over in a corner and maybe she won't even bother them? Some fit under the futon/bed but not the big bar one. Thanks for any advice.
Blackcat31 11:37 AM 09-27-2012
How old is the sleep-fighter?
newtodaycare22 01:00 PM 09-27-2012
Shes 3yo.......
daycare 01:02 PM 09-27-2012
can you move them to the garage just for the time being?
Crystal 02:21 PM 09-27-2012
Is there a closet in the room?

If not, I would move them out.....you might be surprised that she can lift it up barely enough that she drops it....on her foot or something. THAT would not be good.
Cat Herder 03:36 PM 09-27-2012
Maybe treat it the same as you would any heavy furniture that could be tipped?

Secure it to the wall with safety equipment and locks?
newtodaycare22 04:45 PM 09-27-2012
I was able to hide a lot of the ones under the bed, so I think that helped. I have a closet but its like the accordion door that I don't know how to child proof with a latch
Crazy8 06:31 PM 09-27-2012
I would probably store the weights in some kind of container - maybe like a foot locker?? Or I'd gate them off if possible - can you do one of those play yard type gates in a corner?
Tags:child proofing
Reply Up