Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Makes Me Gag :P
Unregistered 02:27 PM 03-14-2012
Logged out on purpose...
So, one of my dcm's has been on maternity leave for the last few months....I have her other child here (15 month old) and except for the first week of the leave the child has been here every day all day of the entire leave. Ok...whatever floats your boat. They are paying so not a big deal to me either way. However, recently she posts on Facebook how she has really enjoyed spending her time off with her kids and that she will miss being home with them. Really? Because I've had the toddler every week for about 9 &1/2 hours a day...they haven't even picked up early this entire time. I'm so sad for the child because of the time she missed put on at home but what frustrated me was the post itself. I know it's probably for show but she implied that she has been home spending all this quality time with the kids! I don't think so! No more time than she would if she were working...at least for the toddler anyway. The baby of course has been home with her.
Just had to vent. Kinda made me gag when I read it lol.
Blackcat31 02:46 PM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Logged out on purpose...
So, one of my dcm's has been on maternity leave for the last few months....I have her other child here (15 month old) and except for the first week of the leave the child has been here every day all day of the entire leave. Ok...whatever floats your boat. They are paying so not a big deal to me either way. However, recently she posts on Facebook how she has really enjoyed spending her time off with her kids and that she will miss being home with them. Really? Because I've had the toddler every week for about 9 &1/2 hours a day...they haven't even picked up early this entire time. I'm so sad for the child because of the time she missed put on at home but what frustrated me was the post itself. I know it's probably for show but she implied that she has been home spending all this quality time with the kids! I don't think so! No more time than she would if she were working...at least for the toddler anyway. The baby of course has been home with her.
Just had to vent. Kinda made me gag when I read it lol.
IF I were on her Facebook page, I would upload pictures of her child at daycare and make a comment about how much fun he has been having at daycare everyday while she has been off.....
daycare 02:50 PM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
IF I were on her Facebook page, I would upload pictures of her child at daycare and make a comment about how much fun he has been having at daycare everyday while she has been off.....
lol OMG coffee came out my nose.....darn it that hurt.....
cheerfuldom 03:09 PM 03-14-2012
I'm not friends with any of my daycare parents on FB because if I was, I would post a snarky remark for sure.

"So glad you are having a great maternity leave! Keep me up dated on plans to enroll Baby. Toddler is going to love seeing his/her Baby sibling at daycare every day! I am sure Toddler misses Baby when he/she is at daycare with me."
Blackcat31 03:21 PM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I'm not friends with any of my daycare parents on FB because if I was, I would post a snarky remark for sure.

"So glad you are having a great maternity leave! Keep me up dated on plans to enroll Baby. Toddler is going to love seeing his/her Baby sibling at daycare every day! I am sure Toddler misses Baby when he/she is at daycare with me."

yeah, I can totally see how being friends with parents on FB could be a very bad thing!!
Kaddidle Care 05:14 PM 03-14-2012
Facebook is evil - don't look at it!

I'm sure she's not kidding anyone.
MamaBear 06:31 PM 03-14-2012
Ugh - I know how that is! I have caught my daycare parents saying random things that would tick me off too. I have a boy that is here every day, all day and I posted a super cute picture of him at the park in swing on my daycare FB page. She copied the picture and reposted on her wall and she titled it "My little guy at the park today"... Her friends were saying "oh how fun you get to take him to the park" and things like that...She wasn't correcting them. She just said "oh yeah he's so much fun". I couldn't stand it!!! So I had to be a snot... I posted under the picture and said "This has to be the BEST picture I've ever taken of 'Tommy' when I took him & the kids to the park the other day " hahaha... My name shows up as my daycare name, so it was obvious to her 'friends' who I was hehehe
Yeah it was evil of me, but it made me feel a lot better afterward hehehe
countrymom 07:09 PM 03-14-2012
this is why I'm not friends with any dcp on facebook. I would have to send a ummm not so nice remark too.
Lucy 10:05 PM 03-14-2012
Me either. One sent me a friend request and I didn't respond. She never mentioned it again. I have everything on as private a setting as I can get away with, so I doubt they see anything I post. Not that I post anything bad, but I just want to keep business and private life separate.
Kaddidle Care 05:30 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Lucy:
Me either. One sent me a friend request and I didn't respond. She never mentioned it again. I have everything on as private a setting as I can get away with, so I doubt they see anything I post. Not that I post anything bad, but I just want to keep business and private life separate.
Smart move!
momma2girls 05:59 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

yeah, I can totally see how being friends with parents on FB could be a very bad thing!!
I don't have any of my daycare parents as a friend on facebook. I had a friend that had a couple o her daycare parents on facebook, and it turned out to be very bad for both of them!! One family would always take days off and say how wonderful it was to be home alone without any children. Until one day, she sent them sick to her home, while the Mom was sitting at home!! She immediately called the Mom and said since you are at home, I can't believe you sent both sick children to my house. The other one was watching what she was doing on her weekends, and always commented negativity to each post, and she wasn't doing anything wrong, it shouldn't be anyone's business what you do on your evenings off and weekends off!!! BAD THING!!!
SunshineMama 06:25 AM 03-15-2012
I have had parents befriend me on facebook and it is so annoying I don't want the awkward, "are you going to accept my friend request" and then them thinking I have something to hide if I dont accept. I just dont like it. I accepted 2 friend requests from parents and put them on a super limited profile, so they really dont see anything.

I think the parents are being rude by sending a friend request on facebook. The provider has absolutely nothing to gain and only things to lose- what if you post something and they don't like it- even if it isnt daycare related.

Just my mini-vent on the topic.
Tags:maternity leave, parents - don't want kids, taken advantage
Reply Up