Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Toys For Long Travel..
fairymama 11:59 AM 01-17-2013
We will have a long trip 3h by flight and 3h by car. I have super super busy 3 year old twins. I would like to know best toys to keep them engaged and enjoying this long trip..We will stay in a hotel there for 4 weeks, what kind of toys should i have for them during this period.
I am worried about long stay in a small place may drive them crazy and unhappy.
lovemykidstoo 12:40 PM 01-17-2013
Color crayons and Magnadoodles were our best friends when the kids were little.
MamaBearCanada 12:41 PM 01-17-2013
We have flown internationally a lot with my daughter. Some of things we pack are:

iPad with new movies/shows/apps & kid headphones
Small cars, little people, transformers
Stickers & sticker book - ones where you can reposition the stickers are best or if you want to avoid stickers felt busy books are a similar idea
Small Magnadoodle
Notepad & Twistables crayons - pencils break or need sharpening & markers can be messy
New books
Stuffed toy/blankie if they sleep with one

Toys that have pieces that are very small tend to get lost. Don't bring out anything until they really need something new & try to stretch things out. I try to use things in our environment first. For example, on the plane let them play restaurants using a straw or cup when drinks are brought round.

Snacks also help a lot. Try and pack stuff that takes a long time to eat!

For the 4 weeks just pack a few of their favorite things.

Good luck & I'm sure you'll get some great ideas from other posters.
fairymama 12:49 PM 01-17-2013
Thanks! great ideas
AfterSchoolMom 04:40 PM 01-17-2013
When my oldest was three he was OBSESSED with the Rubik's cube. Travel Magnadoodles, Tin lunchbox with magnets, lots of paper and either crayons or pencils, I Spy books, reusable sticker books, Matchbox cars, Thomas trains, little Transformers or other superhero figurines, and a small ball for opportunities for outdoor play when there may not always be play equipment around.
nothingwithoutjoy 05:31 PM 01-17-2013
My three-year-old's biggest car favorites:
Tags:2013, travel toys
Reply Up