Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wording Help!
Danielle 06:53 AM 03-25-2011
I need help with wording. It just doesn't sounds right to me. I am moving when parents pay me to the Friday before care. (note: late pick up fees are else where so I haven't forgotten them.)

Originally Posted by :
Payment of fees
Cash, check and money orders are acceptable forms of payment.

The basic charge for the care of _______________________ shall be $_______ per week and will be paid by Friday for the following week at the time of drop off. A late fee of $10.00 will be assessed if fee has not been paid by pick up that day. If fees are not paid on Monday at drop off (unless prior arrangements are made), child care will cease and will not resume until fees are paid in full. An additional $10.00 late fee will be assessed every Monday until payment is made in full.

Returned Checks
A penalty charge of $25.00 will be assessed for each returned check. In addition, the parent will be expected to pay for all the expenses to my account resulting from the returned check. In the event of a second returned check, further payment for a period of 12 months will then be paid in cash or money order only.

daycare 07:15 AM 03-25-2011
Honestly I think it would be better to get payment by closing on Fridays, as I know a lot of people don't get paid until Friday. This would five them a chance to go to the bank if needed.

I would also recommend adding that the parents will be taken to court for any outstanding fees, plus court cost.
SilverSabre25 07:17 AM 03-25-2011
First off, I think you should put the bad check policy in a separate category; it's too confusing where it is.

I would say:

Originally Posted by :
Payment of fees
Cash, check and money orders are acceptable forms of payment.

The basic charge for the care of _______________________ shall be $_______ per week and will be paid by Friday for the following week. A late fee of $10.00 will be assessed if fee has not been paid by pick up on Friday. If outstanding fees are not paid by Monday at drop off (unless prior arrangements are made), child care will cease and will not resume until fees are paid in full. An additional $10.00 late fee will be assessed each Monday until payment is made in full.

Returned checks

A penalty charge of $25.00 will be assessed for each returned check. In addition, the parent will be expected to pay for all the expenses to my account resulting from the returned check. In the event of a second returned check, further payment for a period of 12 months will then be paid in cash or money order only.

Danielle 07:22 AM 03-25-2011
Thanks! Both suggestions do make it less complicated.
missnikki 07:26 AM 03-25-2011
The basic charge for the care of _______________________ shall be $_______ per week and will be paid by close of business every Friday for the following week of care (remove -->)at the time of drop off. A late fee of $10.00 will be assessed if fee has not been paid by (remove -->) pick up that day. If fees are not paid on Monday at drop off (unless prior arrangements are made), (remove -->)child care will cease and will not resume and services will be suspended until fees are paid in full. An additional $10.00 late fee will be assessed every Monday until payment is made in full. A penalty charge of $25.00 will be assessed for each returned check. In addition, the parent will be expected to pay for all the expenses to my account resulting from the returned check. In the event of a second returned check, further payment for a period of 12 months will then be paid in cash or money order only.

Or in other words,:

The basic charge for the care of _______________________ shall be $_______ per week and will be paid by close of business every Friday for the following week of care. A late fee of $10.00 will be assessed if fee has not been paid by Monday at drop off (unless prior arrangements are made), and services will be suspended until fees are paid in full. An additional $10.00 late fee will be assessed every Monday until payment is made in full. A penalty charge of $25.00 will be assessed for each returned check. In addition, the parent will be expected to pay for all the expenses to my account resulting from the returned check. In the event of a second returned check, further payment for a period of 12 months will then be paid in cash or money order only.
missnikki 07:27 AM 03-25-2011
And I like the idea of seperating bad checks.
jen2651 09:15 PM 03-25-2011
This is how mine reads...for some reason without the example of days in there, it was always confusing to people...

Payment is due no later than pick up time the Friday prior to the week being paid for (example: your fee is $135 for the week of the 9th – 13th; the payment is due Friday, the 6th). If this day is a holiday, a vacation day, or planned day off for the parent or the provider, payment is due the previous business day (to be cashed on the Friday). If you or your child are ill, your payment is still expected unless other arrangements have been previously made. If I close the child care due to my own illness or emergency, payment will be accepted on your first contracted day back to child care. There will be a late fee of $10 per child for each calendar day (including weekends) that payments are received late beginning the following morning for all payments not made before your contracted pick up time. This includes the weekends.
Payments may be made by cash or check payable to _______. No post-dated checks will be accepted.
If there is a change in your child care fees due to your child's age, the new rate will go into effect the first full week after your child's birthday. A new contract must be signed at this time before the new rate will take effect.
jen2651 09:16 PM 03-25-2011
except there is different spacing in the actual contract...oops!
Abigail 09:57 PM 03-25-2011
This is everything I have in mine...
Tuition & Payment Due Date
The child care fee is $$$ per week. There is no discount for two or more children from the same family. The client will pay for child care one week in advance. Fees are due on Friday before pickup each week for the following week of care. If this day is a holiday, payment is expected on the previous day. If the client uses vacation days, payment is due BEFORE the client leaves. Payment is still expected if the child is absent unless other arrangements have been previously made. If the provider uses vacation days, payment is due BEFORE the provider leaves. If this day is the provider’s personal day, payment will be expected at drop-off on your child’s first day back. Post-dated checks and partial payments will not be accepted.

If the client is receiving subsidy payments from a government agency, the client is responsible for paying the full amount of the fees under this contract if the government agency does not pay the provider for any reason.

Checks should be made out to DAYCARE PROVIDER NAME and must be dated for the day they are due. To ensure proper credit, please put your child’s name in the memo section. A receipt will be given for every payment and a year-end statement will be given in January.
I do have many other categories, but here is my late payment section as well...
Late Payments & Insufficient Funds
Late fees will accrue if payment is not received by pickup on Friday. There will be a $5 late fee per day until tuition is paid. If payment is not received by drop-off time on Monday, childcare services will not be provided until payment and any applicable late fees are paid in full.

Client will be liable for any and all costs of collection with regard to delinquent tuition fees. Any checks that come back unpaid will be subject to the late fees. After one NSF check, client may be required to pay the weekly tuition by cash. Repeated late payments or NSF checks may be grounds for immediate TERMINATION..

Tags:letter - payment of fees, letter samples, payment letter
Reply Up