Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>What Can You Claim ...
mrs b 06:37 AM 10-03-2011
If you are not licensed ( I don't have to be to have 2 children in NC) but you claim your income can you take any deductions?
TomCopeland 06:57 AM 10-03-2011
Since you are not required to be licensed, according to the rules in your state, you can deduct all the same expenses as a licensed provider. This includes expenses associated with your home (property tax, mortgage interest, house insurance, utilities, house repairs, and house depreciation) as well as food, supplies, toys, depreciation on your furniture and appliances, and so on.
mrs b 07:10 AM 10-03-2011
Thank you!
frgsonmysox 09:06 PM 12-05-2011
Awesome! This answers my question too. In NE you only have to be licensed if you take more than 4 kids from different families. I was worried about taxes, but I can still deduct and file like normal without being licensed?
Michael 09:41 PM 12-05-2011
Originally Posted by frgsonmysox:
Awesome! This answers my question too. In NE you only have to be licensed if you take more than 4 kids from different families. I was worried about taxes, but I can still deduct and file like normal without being licensed?
Tom Copeland does a Tax webinar with us each year. I also tag most of Tom's comments and there is a world of help here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=tom+copeland
TomCopeland 12:30 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by frgsonmysox:
Yes, as long as you care for 4 or less children from different families.
Tags:deduction, deduction - unlicensed, tom copeland
Reply Up