Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2 
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>31 Days of Happy!
Country Kids 01:47 PM 12-01-2011
For the next 31 days I am inviting everyone to join me in being positive and posting about it in the positive thread. Even the smallest thing from your day. Maybe post it at the end of the day, so you can look back and see what all happened that was good!

I am doing this personally to see if my outlook can change. I have had a rough couple of months and was really loosing my love for my job. I think by getting all the positive out and written about will help me tremendously. I'm also going to try and not post anything negative for that entire month!

Hope you'll join me and I'll see you over in the positive thread!
daycare 01:51 PM 12-01-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
For the next 31 days I am inviting everyone to join me in being positive and posting about it in the positive thread. Even the smallest thing from your day. Maybe post it at the end of the day, so you can look back and see what all happened that was good!

I am doing this personally to see if my outlook can change. I have had a rough couple of months and was really loosing my love for my job. I think by getting all the positive out and written about will help me tremendously. I'm also going to try and not post anything negative for that entire month!

Im on it!!! I think that this is great.....the good must out-way the bad, or we will continue to focus on those things that are negative.

I just posted a positive thread about my exciting news about DCB and his excellent grades.....

I'm so on board with you about finding the love in our jobs again....
godiva83 01:57 PM 12-01-2011
Okay, as Country Mom asked...I am jumping in on the Positive thread for 31 days - fingers crossed it will help to lift all our spirits.

Today, I had a very easy day with only 2 children and my DH was home all day to help. He also 'Smoked 45lbs of pulled pork for all our upcoming pot lucks --- really saves me so much time thinking of what to make and preparing it all. Also, I have been really sick with my pregnancy so this is a huge help.
Meyou 02:06 PM 12-01-2011
Brand new 10 month old DCG didn't cry once today (day 2). I'm over the moon! She loves it here.
BigMama 02:17 PM 12-01-2011
Ok, I'm game! : December positive post #1
I got done one hour earlier than I thought I would today!
AfterSchoolMom 02:30 PM 12-01-2011
By request, and since I need a little positivity...

I had a GREAT interview yesterday, I loved the child and the Mom and I really hope that it works out!

Country Kids 02:38 PM 12-01-2011
Thank you all for joining the journey of being positive!!!!!

Mine for the day are:

All children slept again today-3 days in a row
Great time at storytime for the library
ALL the parents signed up for the food program
All the kids seem to be enjoying the food I've been serving
SilverSabre25 02:51 PM 12-01-2011
Neat idea! I'm game.

I almost think we should make it it's own sticky thread: 31 Days of Happy or something like that. Michael? What do you think? Can we? Can we?
hoopinglady 02:51 PM 12-01-2011
I totally backed off of dcb, 5 who is a super picky eater. He would often not touch a single item on his lunch plate.

Over the past few weeks with the encouragement of his friends, he is trying everything and liking new things and eating healthy foods.

I'm so very pleased and so is his mama.
sharlan 02:55 PM 12-01-2011
My 4 yo has not watched one minute of tv today.

We did some cutting work this morning, discussed transportation some more, did a couple of worksheets, took a long scooter ride, and he's been playing with his pumpkin pie spice playdough for hours.
kidkair 02:56 PM 12-01-2011
Last minute change of napping plans (was going home for nap but needed to stay here instead) for a 2 year old and she didn't complain at all (she usually does)!
MyAngels 03:09 PM 12-01-2011
My last dcb was picked up at 4:30 (instead of 4:45), so I was able to get everything put away, the floors vacuumed, last dishes done, etc., before 5:00. It's amazing what a mere 15 minutes does to lengthen my evenings .

Oh, and I had a house full today and they all behaved wonderfully and played nicely all day.
Country Kids 03:16 PM 12-01-2011
Actually I was thinking the same thing, PLEASE Michael-

I was actually thinking of a different theme we could do each month!!!!

OK with these kids sleeping I have way to much brain time to think-
erinalexmom 03:29 PM 12-01-2011
I only had 3 kids today. Everyone was good. The dcb that I am transitioning from a pack n play to a cot did really well today (this is the 3rd day) and I got an awsome text from a dcd today : "We could not ask for a better sitter for "K" than we have in you. I am so glad we made the switch over to you (from another provider) he has improved with communication n learning by leaps and bounds".....thats a good text to get
KBCsMommy 05:47 PM 12-01-2011
Thank you all for joining the journey of being positive!!!!!

Mine for the day are:

All children slept again today-3 days in a row
Great time at storytime for the library
ALL the parents signed up for the food program
All the kids seem to be enjoying the food I've been serving
Mine Too!!!! Cheers!!!!!

Sunchimes 05:56 PM 12-01-2011
We've been working a little with Signing Time videos. Only one of the kids hasn't picked up any signs. I just had 2 today, and both were late drop-offs. They took extra long morning naps, running past lunch time. One woke up and was playing and the other was sleeping through it...somehow! Finally, the sign-less girl came to me and signed "eat". Her mom was thrilled!!!!!
small_steps 05:57 PM 12-01-2011
I received a facebook message today for childcare for a two year old. I'm at my max with 11 kids and have absolutely no openings. I apologized to her and told her I wished I could help her but if she would let me know what area she was in I would refer her to another provider. I asked if I should keep her name in case I have an opening come available. She said "I have heard that you are the best so please do"
That made my day!
AmyLeigh 06:41 PM 12-01-2011
Today was pretty good here, too.
Only 2 kiddos, the little one napped for 1 hour, 45 minutes. Yay!
The other one had only one fight with ds this morning. The rest of the day they happily played together. Without asking to watch TV or play Wii.
Ds and dd both did a lot of schoolwork...willingly!!
Weather was nice enough for us all to go out and rake leaves. Play in them, too!
Michael 09:28 PM 12-01-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Neat idea! I'm game.

I almost think we should make it it's own sticky thread: 31 Days of Happy or something like that. Michael? What do you think? Can we? Can we?
I am lying here in a bed with my iphone in the middle of nowhere (Tulelake) getting ready to go to sleep in order to wake up at 4am and go duck hunting.

I just happened to look into this thread.

If you create the thread "31 Days of Happy" I will make it a sticky. I will be back home on Sat. so hopefully I will remember. PM me if I forget.
sharlan 07:13 AM 12-02-2011
My dh, who never gets up before 7:30, got up at 6:30 and went to the donut shop and bought the kids donuts as a special treat. My 8 yo turns 9 tomorrow so it's for his birthday.
laundrymom 10:17 AM 12-02-2011
Yippee ! Tonight I either get Tylenol dad to see that I refuse to keep his ill child, or medicate his well one,... Or I will be replacing them with someone paying my current rate that's $15 more per week plus $26.65 per week food program.

I love the child, had them almost 5 years. But I feel like they are trying to strong arm me.
erinalexmom 10:49 AM 12-02-2011
I have had the best week I have ver had since opening this week Kids have been creative, playing on thier own, not much in the way of fighting and generally a happy place to be
Zoe 10:53 AM 12-02-2011
Fridays are very light for me. Only one dcb who's here for 2 hours while dcm is in school. So while my DD is home sick, we had a few hours just me, my DS, and my DD watching Sesame Street on the couch together talking about which characters I watched 20 years ago who were still there and which characters they love that are new to me. It was heaven.
hoopinglady 11:08 AM 12-02-2011
3 two year olds initiated a game of ring around the rosie just the three of them today. A good step toward cooperative play and honestly, totally stinkin' cute.

Also the weather is having mercy upon us and instead of a walk I let them into the (only a little bit muddy now) back yard.

Oh, how they've missed it! They had great fun and found the little discs of ice on the toys very entertaining!
Unregistered 11:22 AM 12-02-2011
Love Love Love this idea-

For me- my Little is taking more steps each day. He is 10 months old. What fun I had standing him in front of me and having him walk to me. To think I had something to do with this wee guy taking his first steps
AfterSchoolMom 01:26 PM 12-02-2011
My hubby surprised me today by taking an unscheduled day off. He took me to lunch and then out shoe shopping - I am now the proud owner of a VERY cute pair of boots and a pair of heels for church.

He knows that I've been feeling down due to my lack of income....it was a wonderful day.
wahmof3 01:53 PM 12-02-2011
We had so much fun today making a simple Christmas stocking craft with cardstock & cotton balls. The kids loved it & their smiles always remind me of how lucky I am to be part of their lives
BigMama 02:45 PM 12-02-2011
December positive post #2:
We had an awesome day. We spent most of the morning outdoors. It was a little chilly but otherwise a glorious late fall day. The kiddos just love being outdoors! One of the two-year-olds sat the rest of the kids down and initiated her own little group time- it was so cute and funny! Everyone took a great nap. All in all it was the perfect end to our week!
SilverSabre25 02:45 PM 12-02-2011
This is based on idea from Country Kids:

Originally Posted by :

I thought that this would go well in it's very own thread! Michael gave me permission to start it and then he will sticky it.
kidkair 02:55 PM 12-02-2011
All the kids were super happy after nap and very well behaved. Earlier in the day my 2 year old cleaned up the whole play room while the other kids were reading to each other. So cute!
Country Kids 03:06 PM 12-02-2011
So do we post under this thread then?

How fun for it to have its own sticky! Is there anyway to transfer everyones posts over so we can read them and stay inspired?

This is going to be so much fun!
Country Kids 03:23 PM 12-02-2011
Positive Post #2

1. Only had two children today
2. Children ate fabulous
3. No temper tantrums
4. Everyone slept-day 4
5. One child was picked up 45 min early on a Friday

Michael 03:25 PM 12-02-2011
So do we post under this thread then?

How fun for it to have its own sticky! Is there anyway to transfer everyones posts over so we can read them and stay inspired?

This is going to be so much fun!
Ok, it is now a sticky. I will move them over from the positive thread with a redirect.
AmyLeigh 03:28 PM 12-02-2011
Pretty good day for the most part. Everyone got along well today and made up some very imaginative games. The weather is beautiful and we can enjoy being outside, which is important with 4 boys ages 4-6.
Right now, everybody has a window marker and having fun 'tagging' my sliders and french doors!
SilverSabre25 03:48 PM 12-02-2011
Yesterday's positive: I got two of the three cluttered surfaces in my living room cleared off and some decorations put up!

Today's positive: I am having to dig deep for this one because I've been feeling very stressed all day...um...it's Friday?
Country Kids 04:06 PM 12-02-2011
Yesterday's positive: I got two of the three cluttered surfaces in my living room cleared off and some decorations put up!

Today's positive: I am having to dig deep for this one because I've been feeling very stressed all day...um...it's Friday?
Good job Silver-you found something in the gloom of it all-.

Enjoy your weekend and Monday will be a much better day I'm sure!
JaydensMommy 04:16 PM 12-02-2011
I watch a sweet little girl who pays for full time spot even though she is rarely here. Honestly she just melts my heart and I wish she was here everyday. When she gets here everyone gives her hugs and she gets along so well with everyone. Well after about two weeks of not being here she was here today. And she spent the whole day telling me how much she loved me and missed me. I just love her and she made my day.
Country Kids 04:38 PM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by JaydensMommy:
I watch a sweet little girl who pays for full time spot even though she is rarely here. Honestly she just melts my heart and I wish she was here everyday. When she gets here everyone gives her hugs and she gets along so well with everyone. Well after about two weeks of not being here she was here today. And she spent the whole day telling me how much she loved me and missed me. I just love her and she made my day.
I have one exactly like that!!!! My middle schooler actually will ask every day if ******* came because we love her that much. I think we are going to take her for the day one weekend and just have fun with her!
Sunchimes 05:26 PM 12-02-2011
Just had one kid today, my favorite one. (Oh come on, don't tell me you don't have one of those too!) I taught her to do the steering wheel mtion and make car motor noises, including the lean to the left and a squeal as you turn the corner. We have this weird little electric car thing, so it was an entirely appropriate thing to teach her. We went to Walmart today, and when we went around the corner, she leaned and squealed. Most of the rest of the trip, she "drove the car". She's just 15 months old, so it's pretty funny. We left a lot of people smiling around the store.
AmyLeigh 07:23 PM 12-02-2011
I know I already posted for today, but I have another one:
I got to report to DCM of my more difficult boys that I "caught" her youngest being kind on several occasions today. He beamed the biggest smile I have ever seen on that little face. His older brother then reported that they all used their manners at dinner. Made my day to be able to send them home feeling proud of themselves.
sharlan 08:54 PM 12-02-2011
I took all the kids to Chuck E Cheese after school today. All 5 (15 yo too) were well behaved, no running and screaming like banshee's.

As we walked out, my 9 yo actually said "Thank you for taking me here. I had a good time." That is a first for him.

Dad stopped by to pay, aplogizing for being late all the time. I told him he could pay me on Monday mornings from now on because I know how hard it is for him to get here after he gets home at 8:30. He was so appreciative.

They both really made my day.
MyAngels 10:38 PM 12-02-2011
I had a smaller group today - just 6 kids - and they all played a memory game for nearly an hour. The oldest were very patient and helpful to the littlest ones, who, in turn, listened and tried to do their best to follow what the older ones told them.
hoopinglady 01:51 PM 12-03-2011
Simple rearranging of some furniture has made the rooms flow much nicer.

The former workshop is transitioning nicely into a cozy/reading/toddler room.
Sunchimes 02:32 PM 12-03-2011
I've been trying to figure out where to put the DCK stockings. I stopped at my neighbor's yard sale this morning and found this plaque that says "Dear Santa, I've been good" or something similiar. It has 4 wooden hooks on it--I have 3 DCK. I was going to put one up for the daycare cats or something, but now, it looks like I might have one of the kid's half brother part time. He's just 4, and I wouldn't want him to feel left out, even if I've never met him. Either way, I'm prepared, and it's really cute! $2.00
SilverSabre25 05:51 PM 12-03-2011
Had a great day out shopping with my mom. Spent too much $$$ but had a great time. Christmas shopping is getting closer to finished...
AfterSchoolMom 06:01 AM 12-04-2011
Yesterdays: I got to go to a dinner with grown ups, and to sit and have adult, kid free conversation for several hours.

Today: I got to sleep in until 8:30, and today we're going to decorate the Christmas tree as a family.
Meyou 06:15 AM 12-04-2011
I had THE best day shopping yesterday ever. It was a redemption day at Shoppers Drug Mart and with some smart shopping I got $370 worth of products for $38 cash. The rest was coupons and redemption. I got gifts, decorations, candy canes, some groceries, all my stocking stuffers, toiletries and lots more. So fun!
SilverSabre25 06:42 AM 12-05-2011
I forgot yesterday's...

We went to a Christmas parade and got our tree yesterday. We even put the tree up and decorated it last night! It's gorgeous. I don't seem to be as allergic to the tree we got (chose a different variety than usual).
littlemommy 07:38 AM 12-05-2011
I'm happy to have an interview on Wednesday. It's for a newborn and will start right after I get off my maternity leave. Good timing, since we don't know if DH has a job or not after the 1st.
AfterSchoolMom 10:07 AM 12-05-2011
I'm having a FANTASTIC day today and I'm in a great mood. It's sunny and warm here (almost 70 degrees!) which is very unusual for this time of year.

Sunshine44 10:15 AM 12-05-2011
The kids all played nicely together- no fighting. They actually played.

I put my tree up yesterday, none of them touched it today!

We decorated a gingerbread house and colored this morning. Had fun!
MarinaVanessa 11:01 AM 12-05-2011
I was really excited to see this post and really wanted to be a part of it but I've been really swamped so here I am playing catch up. Here are the things that I was happy about for the past 5 days.

December 1st: My daughter ahd a great day at school. I also had a new brother and sister pair start daycare this week and the DCG is a school-ager (1st grade) and I was worried about taking school agers as I don't really enroll any unless they're old clients however it has worked out well with both of them.

December 2nd: Friday payday and EVERYONE paid today without being asked!

December 3rd: I got my makeup, hair and nails done and my fiance and I had our engagement photos done. It was so much fun and we had great funny photos that showcase our personalities for our save the date cards.

December 4th: It was my nephews bday and he turned 10. This was great news for me because I sometimes care for him but didn't charge my SIL. He would cound against my ratio so that was a bummer but not he's past the age to count so I don't feel so bummed about not charging anymore since he doesn't take up a spot.

December 5th: Today I am happy that I am working at pretty much at full capacity and although I only have 1 FT family and 1 PT family I am making more money off of doing drop-in than I would if I had all FT families. My drop-in families request days a week or two in advance and thanks to ChildCarePay through minute menu they pay as soon as they ask for the reservation for fear of losing their spot.
hoopinglady 01:21 PM 12-05-2011
Sunday: nice day of resting, family and hooping...also a hair dying party with some of my favorite people

Today: was raining cats and dogs but we made masking tape lines on the floor and had fun...also a crazy long and loud circle time.
erinalexmom 02:18 PM 12-05-2011
Sorry accidentally posted this in positive thread. But today I got to pick up my son from preschool and then I took all the dck and son to the grocery to get something I needed for supper and I got to cook supper and ALL while I was "on the clock" I thought what other job can you do personal things on company time?
AmyLeigh 03:47 PM 12-05-2011
Saturday: Had mandatory food program training, but it finished early. DH fixed the seatbelt in my Excursion. Now I can take everybody out! And I finally had time to color my hair. It was a month overdue!

Sunday: Dh bought me a new purse! It's so pretty! Also saw a friend who just finished a half marathon. She told me about some 5K's and 10K's coming up. Just might do it.

Today: Nothing too spectacular except the fact that the day is going by fast! Can't believe it's almost 4:00 already.
Country Kids 08:33 PM 12-05-2011
I'm playing catch up as well!

Dec. 3-Took two youngest to an event we do each year. We had a blast, loved it and enjoyed ourselves. Will probably be our last year because both of them are getting a little old for it.

That night my husband and I went to a dinner with some friends of ours. Last year the company my husband worked for closed. This friend of his worked with my husband and invited about six of the guys that they worked with and their wives to a dinner for the fire department. I thought that was so nice of him. So we still were able to have a Christmas party with friends.

Dec. 4-Did some cleaning then one of my big scores off of craigslist came along! I had been working with this lady all week and everything fell into place. I was able to purchase a train table in mint condition, with all the tracks, town, cars, train for $75. She said last year they paid $200.00 for it and the kids outgrew it. Merry Christmas to my childcare!

Dec. 5

1. No major meltdowns
2. Everyone gobbled up their lunch today
3.The major one-day 5 of naps! I'm so loving naptime again
4.Bought hubby some gifts after work.
5. Was able to work with my son on homework and just spending time together.

I'm thankful that when my children have a project for school, 9 times out of 10 we have all the supplies for it. I'm amazed at some of the things they have had to do and with a little rooting around we always seem to find what we need. I do have to credit that with doing childcare I always seem to buy way to many craft things but then they always are used up! We always have glue and glue sticks for sure.
Zoe 08:55 PM 12-05-2011
Today I was scheduled to have someone come over to have an interview at 6:30 for a full-time toddler spot. I also had to go get my DD some snow gloves for school. I had a gut feeling that this person was going to flake, so I deliberately didn't stress out about cleaning the house and only waited fifteen minutes past the scheduled time. Then left a note on the door saying I'd left and good luck in your daycare search and went shopping with DD. Didn't give it a second thought!

I've grown a lot in that regard since last year. Used to get me so nervous when they didn't show and I'd wait FOREVER! Well no more I say!
MyAngels 09:04 AM 12-06-2011
Here's my catch up:

Saturday: It was Saturday . I took the day to do pretty much whatever I wanted to do. Didn't worry too much about what I needed to do. Doesn't sound like much, but for me, that's big .

Sunday: Helped DH (well, to be honest, more like watched & cheered on) and our youngest son get a couple of much needed repairs done around the house. Got the Christmas tree up and the house fully decorated - no small task.

Monday: Because I had a smaller group I got to spend quite a bit of one-on-one time with my sweet, happy daycare baby, who is still the sweetest thing on planet earth .

Today: My three rowdy, active dcbs have played so well together all morning. When they stop trying to out run each other, they are very imaginative, nice little guys.
Sunchimes 12:14 PM 12-06-2011
Oops, I got behind.
Sunday-I had at least 3 million things on my to-do list for the day. When we got up, Hubby said "Let's go to Waco and buy Baylor t-shirts". So we did. I got 2 things done from my list when we got home, and I don't even care.

Monday. My little one that mostly cries for 8 of the 12.5 hours went 12 hours without a fit. She had a meltdown half an hour before pick-up, but I think it was low blood sugar, so I fed her some crackers. Twelve hours without tears is a very happy day!
hoopinglady 04:09 PM 12-06-2011
Despite it being an emotional and rough day I'm still finding happiness and that's the point, I reckon. Thanks, country Kids.

The kids got the pots and pans out today and banged around then brought them into the playroom for playdough. I love when things unfold like that, it keeps them busy forever and it's really good learning stuff!

Since I stuffed most of the excess toys into the closet recently I've been just watching and taking notes and totally amazed at what they come up with. It's teaching me a ton about how I should go about things.
Country Kids 04:35 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by hoopinglady:
Despite it being an emotional and rough day I'm still finding happiness and that's the point, I reckon. Thanks, country Kids.

The kids got the pots and pans out today and banged around then brought them into the playroom for playdough. I love when things unfold like that, it keeps them busy forever and it's really good learning stuff!

Since I stuffed most of the excess toys into the closet recently I've been just watching and taking notes and totally amazed at what they come up with. It's teaching me a ton about how I should go about things.
I read your vent post hoopinglady and I'm so sorry that you are going through this right now. Somedays to find happiness or 1 good thing we have to reach, and I mean reach wayyyyyy down to find something. You found that one thing and that is the start. Get a good nights sleep and I know you'll have a fresh start that will lead to an awesome day tomorrow.
Country Kids 04:41 PM 12-06-2011
Lets see, there were struggles but nothing like I experienced the last two months. The last two weeks have been totally awesome!

1. Woke up-its something my husband and I always say. If we didn't that would be the start to a totally bad day!

2. Kids loved the pita/hummus sandwiches I made today.

3. Weather turned out sunny and cold-love days like that.

4. Was able to pick my daughter up from school. Was going to send older daughter but thought no, I want to pick her up, so I did.

5. Worked on widdling the clothes pile down that is in the corner of my room. I so bad want a beautiful room that is a nice retreat for my husband and I.

6. Was able to spend the day reading things concerning some wonderful friends that are in the same profession as me-Go childcare providers-
SilverSabre25 06:09 PM 12-06-2011
It's 9 PM and my daughter is playing happily in her room with her door shut. Yes, this is past her bedtime, but the key word there is "happily". She is not requiring me to lay with her, she is not throwing a fit, she is happy. She also asked permission--"Can I play in my room until my eyes are sleepy? I'll put all my toys away when I'm done!" and the permission was granted.

My son is on the floor being 6 months old, which is to say, not currently asleep and instead crawling around finding stuff to chew on. But then again, he too is happy, which is good.

I am getting a few things done. This too, makes me happy. Lullaby music on Pandora, chores getting done, children happy...who cares about the clock? This is why I do what I do for a living. They are usually both asleep by now. What's one night? This is why I do what I do.
erinalexmom 04:09 AM 12-07-2011
Got most of my Christmas decorations up yesterday AND got a new dishwasher yesterday!!!!! Mine had been broken for the last 6 months!
MarinaVanessa 07:19 AM 12-07-2011
December 6th: Today the DH pulled the Christmas tree out and set it up for me (we use an artificial pre-lit tree). It's standing in our living room in all it's glory. I LOVE Christmas I think mostly because I get to decorate and that's what the DC kids and I get to do today. Yay!!
kidkair 11:30 AM 12-07-2011
Over the weekend: Some friends made a surprise visit and my mom brought over soup! It was great having wonderful company and free food!

Started a new routine on Monday: Breakfast at 8am then lunch at 11 and nap at 1. This allows us more play time between food breaks and allows us to get outside after lunch when it actually gets over 20! The kids have responded well to it.

Yesterday: Pulled out most of the toys from storage and resorted them all now that I have figured out the curriculum I am going to follow for 2012. I set aside one bin per theme and after all the bins were empty and labeled I just started filling them up again. The kids helped sort everything and I refilled the bins during nap time.
Today: weather was a bit warmer and so I got the kids out at 9am and 11:45! They were out pretty quick for nap today!
hoopinglady 11:34 AM 12-07-2011
I finally got the cubbies organized. It was one of those looming project that was stressing me out. I got all of the nap blankets in the totes, a full tote of extra clothes and a full kitchen bag of goodwill donations. I know, I'm a mess. What a relief though.

Country Kids 09:05 PM 12-07-2011
It started out rough and ended rough with a few but we made it! Didn't do any preschool today, that went right out the window. We did though play a great game of memory and then went on to do playdough while I made lunch. They had a blast while doing that.

One of my moms was called in for evening shift and asked if I could watch little one at like 3:30 till 5:00 or so I said sure because this one lights the room up when they walk in. It was the perfect ending to the day. The rough ending ones left a little earlier than this one did so it was very nice to have a quiet ending to the day.

Tomorrow is always the start to a new day!
MarinaVanessa 07:34 AM 12-08-2011
December 7th: I was asked to be a part of our child care association's board and I was so excited!! I'll mostly be in charge of advertising and such but what a great addition to my resume .

We had our daycare association's Holiday party/board meeting last night at a restarant and I won a Radio Flyer My First Scooter (age 2+) and a mini facial in a raffle!!

The DC kids and I also finished trimming the tree earlier in the day and it looks wonderful!! The kids were all so proud and glad that they could help. One DC family can't afford a tree this year so the 2 siblings were really excited to help trim ours (this was the main reason why I involved the DC kids).
Meeko 07:47 AM 12-08-2011
I have found my Christmas spirit!!

I have been feeling very grinchy and cynical recently.

My youngest kids are teen girls (15 and 17) We gave away 3 turkeys over Thanksgiving and they loved it so much they want to do more.

Completely on their own they decorated a big box, filled it with all the fixings for a complete holiday meal and gave it to our church leader to donate to whoever he deems in need. They also came home from the mall with two Angel Tree cards and are off this weekend to buy for the children on the cards. All this using their own allowance and they are excited to do it.

Tis' the Season!!!!!!
MyAngels 09:32 AM 12-08-2011
Yesterday: I had a small group since two of my kids were home with their dad who had the day off, and I didn't have to go anywhere or do anything after work yesterday, plus hubby took me out to dinner, so I didn't even have to cook. Sweet.

Today: We made those cute popsicle stick snowflake ornaments that someone from here posted on their pinterest board. The kids were so engrossed and excited about making them. I can't wait for them to dry (my groups just loves, loves, loves their glue ) so their parents can see them .
laundrymom 10:01 AM 12-08-2011
I have tears running down my face. Sending love!!!

As a child I would have been one of the recipients of this typee gift.

Thank you.
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
I have found my Christmas spirit!!

I have been feeling very grinchy and cynical recently.

My youngest kids are teen girls (15 and 17) We gave away 3 turkeys over Thanksgiving and they loved it so much they want to do more.

Completely on their own they decorated a big box, filled it with all the fixings for a complete holiday meal and gave it to our church leader to donate to whoever he deems in need. They also came home from the mall with two Angel Tree cards and are off this weekend to buy for the children on the cards. All this using their own allowance and they are excited to do it.

Tis' the Season!!!!!!

Unregistered 10:05 AM 12-08-2011
I only have one child today and tomorrow. Just the way it worked out. I am just grateful to have children these days. Happy day and hopefully I can get some things done with a slower go day that is if I can get off the boards for a bit.........tee hee. Thank you for the difference you have all made in my life, the good the bad and the other...
Crystal 12:44 PM 12-08-2011
I get to pick my daughter up from college tonight and bring her home for a whole month!!!
kidkair 12:51 PM 12-08-2011
Had a great interview last night and a new client starting soon!
I'm also feeling very thankful I can afford to only have three kids at a time. I love the one-on-one I can provide for them and love how easy that one-on-one makes it when correcting behaviors.
SilverSabre25 02:42 PM 12-08-2011
Yesterday: I finally got started on the hat I'm making for DH for Christmas and it's going really fast. Yay!

Today: Got a lot done, even though most of it was of the "invisible to everyone but me but it feels so good to know that it's done" variety. Also, got a GREAT idea for each of the hardest-to-buy-for people on my list!
Country Kids 06:54 AM 12-09-2011
Yesterday was awesome!!!!!

Child who needs to eat breakfast didn't have one, not one time out!!!!!

We went to the library for storytime and it went great.

Lunch was gobbled up again.

Naptime no problems. Its great to have the quiet time back-

It was a pretty quiet day over all.

Then at the end of the evening I played a game with my youngest son and he won, which was wonderful for him.

I'm totally enjoying my job again and thankful so much for it!
MarinaVanessa 07:06 AM 12-09-2011
December 8th: We got our engagement photo proofs back and they are awesome. We're goofy people so not many of the "serious" photos came out nice but we loved the fun, goofy and creative photos. We made silly faces, put our handprints in the sand and wrote the date to our wedding, we spelled out LOVE with our hands etc. My favorite one was in front of a church where I'm pulling on my fiance's leg trying to drag him into the church while he clings to the railing with a look of pain and panic Lol. Good times.
kidkair 12:58 PM 12-09-2011
I've survived. That's a really plus when my period starts at 4am on a Friday. The kids and I made some cinnamon applesauce ornaments today. I'm letting them dry at room temp and seeing how that goes. The house smells a little like apple pie right now. Nice and holiday-ish
JaydensMommy 03:16 PM 12-09-2011
1. It's Friday!! 2. Had a dcm hand me a handwritten thank you card along w/ a gift card thanking me for keeping her daughter an extra 30 min one day and allowing her to arrive a little bit early today, wasn't inconvenient for me at all and I know how grateful she is. 3. Today is the last day for an infant and SA girl that I have in care. I had considered teeming them because they are always here like an hour later than everyone else, only part time and come right in the middle of nap. But I didn't have to, mom is taking baby bonding/maternity leave. And I don't plan on taking them back after that time. no more infants or SA kids ever, not my kind of thing. I prefer the 2 and up. It's a good day. Oh and 4. I'm off to the beach tomorrow morning to celebrate my 5 year anniversary!
AfterSchoolMom 03:24 PM 12-09-2011
Mine for the last few days is....

My family is healthy. That's all I've got, but that's always good!
SilverSabre25 05:19 AM 12-12-2011
December 9th:
I got a lot of cleaning done today and felt very accomplished.

December 10th:
My best friend came to visit for the weekend, I got some more decluttering done in the baby's room before she arrived, and HOLY CANNOLI they went in together and got me a freaking Nook Tablet for Christmas!!!!!!!! I'm in with my Nook. It totally freaking ROCKS.

December 11th:
Had a great time shopping with my friend before she had to leave, had a nice evening with DH. Good times.
MarinaVanessa 08:49 AM 12-12-2011
December 9th: We had an awesome road trip to Las Vegas. My DD wanted to go for her birthday and we indulged her. My DH, DD, mom, DS, BIL and SIL rode with us in the van and we had a blast. We left at 6:30pm and we arrived at 11:30pm.

December 10th: It was my DD's 7th birthday!! We breakfasted at IHOP (her choice), went to the Shark Reef, went shopping at the Mandalay Bay shops, saw the lions (one of the lions went right up to the glass and licked it and played with her), had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe and took her to the kids area at the Excalibur. Later my mom watched my DD while DH, MIL and FIL (they took their own car) and I went to an Andrea Bocelli concert. It was the best ever! He did 5 encores!

December 11th: We drove back and once we got home DH helped unload everything and put everything away and DS and I were ablt to take a 2 hour nap! We also picked up my MIL's Christmas gift which was a photo of all of the grandkids, it was BEAUTIFUL! Of course we all got one for ourselves and now we can't wait until Christmas to give it to her because we can't display ours until then
kidkair 12:16 PM 12-12-2011
Sat: Got the feather quilt I'm making vacuumed so most of the feathers that are not in the quilt are also not flying all over the place. I started finishing the edge too.

Sun: Wasn't feeling the best but got to snuggle with my cat for a bit.

Monday: Got invited to my 3 year old DCG's birthday party!
Country Kids 01:55 PM 12-12-2011
Friday-Was just another wonderful day in the neighborhood! Only had 3 little ones and they played so well together. My day flew because everyone was being so good.

One of them wouldn't leave with mama because of having such a fun time playing and I didn't mind her staying so mom left and I dropped her off at her house when everyone else left.

Saturday-Got the tree and last minute gifts done!!!! This is the earliest we have done this in a long time and it feels sooo wonderful.

Sunday-My dad and wife arrived from out of town. We were able to spend the afternoon together, go to dinner, and then me, my girls and my dads wife went to the dollar tree and Wal-Mart for some things my daughter needed. Was alot of fun. They had to leave this morning-but will see them in about two weeks.
hoopinglady 05:40 PM 12-12-2011
former daycare girl's mama got a new job and they are back. She's such a love bug. I really missed her. She can actually be really rotten but was perfect today...and I'm up for the challenge anyway.

Sunny skies for the past few days. It's cold but really pretty. It helps with my mood A LOT.
AmyLeigh 06:16 PM 12-12-2011
Missed most of last week

Sat: Spent some time with a new friend. Looks like we will get along great! May even offer her daughter an assistant job next summer.

Sun: Another friend's (a dcm) mother was admitted in the ICU with a bad prognosis. I know, not good. But I was in the position to take care of her 2 children while she went to be with her. No charge, of course.

Mon: Another challenging day with the boys. But the 23 mo ate really well, took a good nap and played well with my 3 yo. Very unusual for a Monday. Now my 3 yo in in her PJ's with big sister's old ballet costume over it.
SilverSabre25 06:20 PM 12-12-2011
Such a pleasant day today! Started off with a good morning and a nice time outside playing. Cooked a fabulous dinner ( my crockpot!) with lots of veggies, and went out for ice cream at the spur of the moment with my family! Kids are in bed now and I have a bunch of stuff I can finish/work on this evening.
MyAngels 06:12 AM 12-13-2011
Whoa, I'm way behind .

Friday: It was a slow day, so I got a couple of mundane things done around the house during naptime that I would have normally done on the weekend. I got to go Christmas shopping with my DD and then out to dinner with DH.

Saturday: Spent the day Christmas shopping with my Mom and nephew. I haven't spent as much time with her lately as I should, so that was a nice day.

Sunday: DH spent the day away from home, so I was able to spend the whole day putzing around and getting things done that I'd been putting off. It's nice to start the week with the house feeling organized and tidy.

Monday: The kids were really good yesterday. That is all, really, but it's enough .
Country Kids 09:25 AM 12-13-2011
Yesterday: Great day, a little tired but great overall!!!! Dinner was done early and my youngest daughter and I did a little shopping for somethings to decorate outside with.

She bought a package of candy canes to share at school. This is her first year of school as she was homeschooled and is making friends left and right!!!

I was so glad she wanted to take something in and share with them!
MarinaVanessa 09:40 AM 12-13-2011
December 12th: My DH offered to watch DD and DS while I lounged in the tub last night and drank red wine. It was sooo relaxing. I hadn't taken a bath in months!
kidkair 02:50 PM 12-13-2011
Going shopping! Husband got bonus today
MarinaVanessa 09:41 AM 12-14-2011
December 13th: Had everyone over for dinner and I finally got SIL on board for having my nephew evaluated my Early Intervention for his speach delay. AWESOME!

December 14th: It's not even 10am and I already have my moment of hapiness. My DS damaged my laptop and I thought it was dunso and that I had lost all of my info but IT WORKS!!!!
SilverSabre25 01:12 PM 12-14-2011
My foot is not broken! That's enough positive for my entire week right now

Just realized that I missed yesterday. Yesterday's happy was that I spent a couple hours cleaning my room and it is gorgeously cleaned and neat and awesome. Still a couple of cluttered surfaces but it is SOOOO much better than it has been in a looooong time.
daycare 01:12 PM 12-14-2011
My foot is not broken! That's enough positive for my entire week right now
yeah that is great great news!!!

good to hear you are ok
daycare 01:14 PM 12-14-2011
my news of happy is that I got to see some family members I have not seen in almost 17 years.

My new kid is sleeping so sweetly and just looks so darn cute doing it...

My son has finally learned to say excuse me when he wants to talk while someone else is talking.

I got a Christmas bonus from a parent that recently left my daycare....that was shocking , amazing and just out of this world.... BUT no problem family you still can't come back....lol

I missed everyone on the form, almost feels weird when I can't talk to everyone....But happy to be back on!!!!
Country Kids 04:57 PM 12-14-2011
So glad your foot is not broken-

Another wonderful day in the neighborhood. I'm thinking seriously if all this wonderfullness lasts I'm investing in a cardigan just like Mr. Rogers-
Might creep the kids out like when I was little. Scared to death of the man when I was little but love him know, well the reruns.

Great, great day! 3 out of 4 kids where sound I mean sound asleep by 12:20 and lunch was over at 12:15. They all slept till 3:00 and I'm just so enjoying it!

Bad news, I don't have any of my SA next week and I was so looking forward to them. I had alot of plans lined out so I think I'm going to try and steal them one day. Free of charge to the parents just so we can do some things. If not my own SA and I can still do alot of stuff.

Anyway, I hope everyone else had a good day. Enjoy your evening and talk to you tomorrow-
hoopinglady 04:57 AM 12-15-2011
I have someone to possibly help me implement my plans and goals.

The kids have been playing really well. I'm so pleased with their reaction to LESS stuff being out in the playroom

Unseasonably temperate weather...it's been raining so we haven't been going out in the daytime but it's still nice

Feeling hopeful about the future.
kidkair 01:01 PM 12-15-2011
I got two new clients yesterday!

Today I actually got to sit down during nap time cause all the kids stayed asleep.
hoopinglady 01:34 PM 12-15-2011
an old client of mine called today. She has been doing childcare for a year. She is closing now and referring her clients to me. I watched her son about 2 years ago.

I'm so excited and nervous. I hesitate to even speak too soon. This is my chance to increase my prices, hire an assistant, etc.
Tags:positive, positive praise
1 2 
Reply Up