Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Which name do you like best?
Taylor Tots 1 5.26%
Gingerbread Childcare & Preschool 3 15.79%
Noah's Ark Childcare & Preschool 1 5.26%
Hillcrest Kids (we live on a street with this name) 13 68.42%
Ashley's Childcare & Preschool 0 0%
Some other version of these (share below please) 1 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What's in a Name? Vote Please :)
TaylorTots 08:35 PM 09-16-2019
Upon reopening I thought I might give my business a new name. It was just "Ashley's Childcare & Preschool" which did seem to work fine... what do you think?
Josiegirl 02:47 AM 09-17-2019
I actually like them all but chose Gingerbread because it conjures up images of warmth, childhood, family, good times. And there are so many ways to go with the name, as far as using a theme for child care. JMO Good luck!!
Annalee 04:30 AM 09-17-2019
If I had it to do over, I would have named my child care program after my city or street in my community. PR reasons as when people google the daycare in the area it always picks up the center daycares because they used the city name. Make sense? Just my thoughts!
Cat Herder 06:15 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Annalee:
If I had it to do over, I would have named my child care program after my city or street in my community. PR reasons as when people google the daycare in the area it always picks up the center daycares because they used the city name. Make sense? Just my thoughts!
Same. Lesson learned. I am too long locked in to change mine, now.

Hillcrest Cottage
Cat Herder 06:22 AM 09-17-2019
I timed out. My internet is slow.

Hillcrest Cottage Childcare and Preschool

Same feel as gingerbread, but with an instant advertising edge for people in your area.
Ariana 06:33 AM 09-17-2019
I am not a fan of “cutesy” names so simple business like names are always best in my opinion.
Ariana 06:33 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I timed out. My internet is slow.

Hillcrest Cottage Childcare and Preschool

Same feel as gingerbread, but with an instant advertising edge for people in your area.

DaveA 08:17 AM 09-17-2019
I voted Hillcrest also.
TaylorTots 09:00 AM 09-17-2019
Hillcrest is our street name. Should I try to tie in the city name as well to help with searches? We have a City Name Kindercare but that's it. I could easily do
City Name Daycare
City Name Childcare
City Name Childcare & Preschool
Etc.

Thanks for the awesome feedback!
Annalee 09:16 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by TaylorTots:
Hillcrest is our street name. Should I try to tie in the city name as well to help with searches? We have a City Name Kindercare but that's it. I could easily do
City Name Daycare
City Name Childcare
Etc.

I wish I had done city name child care and preschool due to "preschool" being the name of the game now. "preschool" is a "draw" here.
Cat Herder 09:35 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by TaylorTots:
City Name Daycare
City Name Childcare
Etc.

I think the city name, street name or subdivision name will work great. Unless, of course, your city name is something like Murder Creek (drove through there last weekend, Alabama ) or Intercourse (drove through there last year, Pennysylvania).
Annalee 09:40 AM 09-17-2019
I think the city name, street name or subdivision name will work great. Unless, of course, your city name is something like Murder Creek (drove through there last weekend, Alabama ) or Intercourse (drove through there last year, Pennysylvania).
You just made me laugh out loud and my babies just went to sleep
TaylorTots 01:02 PM 09-17-2019
That made me chuckle.
daycarediva 04:15 PM 09-17-2019
ALWAYS include a place name if you can! Makes it easier to market!
Tags:business name, poll
Reply Up