Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When Do You Do Grocery Shopping?
Country Kids 11:31 AM 05-29-2018
This is something I have been wrestling for awhile and decided to seek out and see when everyone else does there shopping.

We usually go Friday night right after I close but it's starting to wear on me after such a long night. Plus once we go shopping (my husband does our family's while I do the childcare's), come home, unload put everything away and then we still need to eat. By this time it is 8:30 and I'm just wiped.

I don't want to have to get up Saturday mornings and go because I just want a day not to have to get up and have to do something right away. Plus Satuday's are usually busy with other plans.

What really made me decide enough was enough was Thursday I was admitted into the hospital (I'm ok thakfully) but had to stay till Friday for some monitoring. When I got out of the hospital we came home for a bit and then later that afternoon we went grocery shopping. I was tired and childcare was the last thing I wanted to worry about but we had plans for the weekend and I thought might as well get it out of the way but it made for another long night.

It is just wearing me down and maybe a change would help but I'm really starting to dread Friday nights!
MyAngels 11:35 AM 05-29-2018
I go on Monday directly after I'm off work (4:30). It's the least busy day at the store and my hubby has to work late so I go on my own. I've never grocery shopped with my husband, not entirely sure how that would go
Ariana 11:43 AM 05-29-2018
We either go on Sunday or we go Thursday evenings. The sales here start on Thursdays and some of the stuff if we don’t go right away nothing will be left (like non dairy haagen daz ice cream for $4!)

Maybe switch it to another day besides Friday. Friday for me is my end of week, get in my PJs early and relax day.
hwichlaz 11:45 AM 05-29-2018
Sunday’s are church, brunch, groceries.
DaveA 12:01 PM 05-29-2018
Saturday or Sunday is our "stock up" trip that covers the basics and most of what I need for the home. During the school year we usually go to the grocery store Monday morning for daycare stuff- great way to get kids interested in new foods/ nutrition/ etc. We'll run to the store if we need anything during the week.

Summertime I usually just run to the store in the evening because I don't have space in the van to fit all the kids.
proudmommyofthree 12:26 PM 05-29-2018
I go either on Saturday morning or Sunday. If I don’t get a chance to go for whatever reason, I do Instacart Monday morning and have my groceries delivered to me. Instacart has its pros and cons, but for the most part it’s worth it when I’m too tired to go out to the store or there’s just too much traffic. Where I live , there is so much construction and traffic, it takes me 20-30 min just to drive 2-4 miles. So Instacart it is lol.
Blackcat31 12:41 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Sunday’s are church, brunch, groceries.
Same here..

My DH and I shop (both groceries and other supplies) for home and daycare at the same time.

I just separate items in the cart so they are bagged separately from each other.

DH and I then stop at the daycare and drop off the groceries so everything is already there and ready come Monday morning.
LysesKids 12:56 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
This is something I have been wrestling for awhile and decided to seek out and see when everyone else does there shopping.

We usually go Friday night right after I close but it's starting to wear on me after such a long night. Plus once we go shopping (my husband does our family's while I do the childcare's), come home, unload put everything away and then we still need to eat. By this time it is 8:30 and I'm just wiped.

I don't want to have to get up Saturday mornings and go because I just want a day not to have to get up and have to do something right away. Plus Satuday's are usually busy with other plans.

What really made me decide enough was enough was Thursday I was admitted into the hospital (I'm ok thakfully) but had to stay till Friday for some monitoring. When I got out of the hospital we came home for a bit and then later that afternoon we went grocery shopping. I was tired and childcare was the last thing I wanted to worry about but we had plans for the weekend and I thought might as well get it out of the way but it made for another long night.

It is just wearing me down and maybe a change would help but I'm really starting to dread Friday nights!
I go either Saturday or Sunday mornings early; it's quieter especially on Sundays at the stores ( I sleep until 8am on weekends)... I make my list & "clip" my digital coupons Friday nights after babes are gone (especially for the freebie @ Kroger each week). I hit 3 stores in one round trip starting with furthest away & circling towards home (I keep a cooler in the car for frozen/cold foods)... it's not worth driving thru traffic to get to the grocery stores during the week. Worst case scenario, I have Instacart as a back up (Publix is only option), but that's very rarely used now my health is better
Baby Beluga 01:02 PM 05-29-2018
Recently I go Friday night after my own kids are in bed. The store is quiet and I enjoy it. Then Saturday morning I wash/chop/prep everything so it is ready for the week.

I used to grocery shop on Sunday's and prep Sunday night. It was just too much in too short of a time for me to do.
Ac114 01:04 PM 05-29-2018
I do online grocery shopping! It’s the best thing ever. I usually sit down with a glass of wine Sunday evening and spend about 20-30 minutes doing my shopping and pick it up Monday after daycare.
LysesKids 01:09 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by Ac114:
I do online grocery shopping! It’s the best thing ever. I usually sit down with a glass of wine Sunday evening and spend about 20-30 minutes doing my shopping and pick it up Monday after daycare.
I have that option thru Clicklist, but I don't like some of the produce the pickers have gotten for me lately... there are some good "Clicklist only" coupons thru Kroger if you use the option however lol - Not fond of Food City so I don't use theirs
JBWWCC 01:28 PM 05-29-2018
Friday Grocery shopping. Saturday Laundry Sunday Curriculum and meal prep! I totally understand being exhausted after Fridays. What may help is planning dinner for Friday the week before. Make your family dinner and then you can go shop by yourself (Alone time? Heyoh!) and not have to rush or worry about making dinner when you get back. Then you can just put groceries away and relax .
Josiegirl 02:48 PM 05-29-2018
I'm glad you are okay! Try to find a way to make life easier for you.

Friday night, for me, would be the worst time to get groceries. After working all week I feel like a deflated balloon by then and can hardly stay awake until 8.
I always do it Sunday mornings. Get up and dawdle here, then housework, then groceries.
Tags:grocery
Reply Up