Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interesting Article From The UK
Meeko 05:40 AM 09-13-2013
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...y-experts.html

This is one of the reasons we have not moved back to the UK as a family. I would like too, but daycare providers are required to ram academics down their kids throats by Ofsted before they are out of diapers and that's something I am very against. England's childcare is in a terrible state. Providers are expected to keep records on every child showing their "education" plan and progress....even for babies. These are inspected in depth and rated by licensing. A play-based daycare program would be dismally rated in the UK. For this reason, providers are in short supply. Who wants to work 12 hours a day and then be expected to do paperwork for hours in the evenings? Those that do, charge mega bucks and then people can't afford it. What a mess.

I find the statements from the so-called Education minister to be some of the most UN-educated I have heard!
Familycare71 06:02 AM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:

This is one of the reasons we have not moved back to the UK as a family. I would like too, but daycare providers are required to ram academics down their kids throats by Ofsted before they are out of diapers and that's something I am very against. England's childcare is in a terrible state. Providers are expected to keep records on every child showing their "education" plan and progress....even for babies. These are inspected in depth and rated by licensing. A play-based daycare program would be dismally rated in the UK. For this reason, providers are in short supply. Who wants to work 12 hours a day and then be expected to do paperwork for hours in the evenings? Those that do, charge mega bucks and then people can't afford it. What a mess.

I find the statements from the so-called Education minister to be some of the most UN-educated I have heard!
I am worried that is the direction our country is headed...
Heidi 06:04 AM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:

I shared that one yesterday. That is how I feel these Quality Ratings systems are pigeon-holing us. WI would like me to write lesson plans for my infants based on my assessments of their development.
Familycare71 06:26 AM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
I shared that one yesterday. That is how I feel these Quality Ratings systems are pigeon-holing us. WI would like me to write lesson plans for my infants based on my assessments of their development.
. Scares me!!!
Meeko 06:32 AM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Sorry Heidi...I didn't read your previous post!

I agree. Lesson plans for infants is ridiculous.
Country Kids 02:25 PM 09-13-2013
I have to write lessons plans for our outside playtime.

Not sure still how to do that.
Tags:article, government, government intrusion, lesson plans, united kingdon
Reply Up