Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Private Information?
Chicupfront 02:51 PM 01-24-2019
I have a parent that is asking for the names and ages of the children in my daycare for Valentine purposes, she says. Is that something that you would give out? I don’t want to violate anyone’s privacy and I’m not sure if I’m even allowed to give that info out to another parent. I live in Texas. I really don’t see the need for it, but I’m not sure how to respond without coming across as rude. How would you respond?
Baby Beluga 03:05 PM 01-24-2019
I would just tell her for privacy reasons you cannot give that information out. Instead you recommend her child simply sign the valentines with their own name and leave the "to" blank.
littlefriends 03:38 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I would just tell her for privacy reasons you cannot give that information out. Instead you recommend her child simply sign the valentines with their own name and leave the "to" blank.
That’s how we do it too
finsup 03:51 PM 01-24-2019
I know classrooms would give out lists of kids names (first names only) for Valentine's Day. Personally, I'd be OK with that. But if you don't want to give out any, I'd just say:
"that's so nice of you dcm! Unfortunately I'm not able to give out much information due confidentially, but I can tell you there are x amount of kids over (whatever age in case she's thinking of treats) and x amount under..." that should be plenty of info simply for Valentine's.
Chicupfront 03:51 PM 01-24-2019
Thank you, I’ll do that.
storybookending 07:01 PM 01-24-2019
When I was at a center names were never kept confidential. Lists were emailed all the times with kids names and sometimes ages when field trips would come up and stuff. I would ask your director.

My home daycare only has 6 kids. They are all listed on my sign in/sign out sheet all on the same page (thanks BC). It’s no secret what kids I have here on the daily. I do however live in a very small town and many of my children are related and/or friends or have become friends since having their children here together.
jenboo 08:23 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by storybookending:
When I was at a center names were never kept confidential. Lists were emailed all the times with kids names and sometimes ages when field trips would come up and stuff. I would ask your director.

My home daycare only has 6 kids. They are all listed on my sign in/sign out sheet all on the same page (thanks BC). It’s no secret what kids I have here on the daily. I do however live in a very small town and many of my children are related and/or friends or have become friends since having their children here together.
Same here, although im not in a small town.
lovemykidstoo 04:39 AM 01-25-2019
I'm an in-home provider for 6 children and everyone knows everyone, but I wouldn't have an issue with giving first names. I'm sure if their child is old enough he/she is already giving the parents some names. I'd stick to 1st names.
Rockgirl 04:57 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I'm an in-home provider for 6 children and everyone knows everyone, but I wouldn't have an issue with giving first names. I'm sure if their child is old enough he/she is already giving the parents some names. I'd stick to 1st names.
Same here—this is what we do.
Homebody 07:07 AM 01-25-2019
I have a parent that gave goddie bags to the kids for Christmas and she just wrote down "Friend" instead of a name on the bags. She didn't buy anything for the young infants, just asked how many older kids we have (toddlers and preschoolers) but not specific ages.
flying_babyb 03:41 PM 01-26-2019
we do first names, heck in our center most of my parents know who all is in the class without me telling thm
springv 03:43 PM 01-26-2019
We do first names as well with ANYTHING involving the children @flyingbabyb
hwichlaz 07:21 PM 01-28-2019
I do first names. Heck, they are written on the cubbies, lol.
Tags:privacy, texas
Reply Up