Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Naptime
Msdunny 05:52 AM 01-30-2019
How long do your kids usually nap? Or how long is your naptime? I had a mom ask this morning how long her dc napped. She said she is waking about a half an hour earlier in the mornings and she would prefer she sleep in longer.

I usually lay kids down around 1, and they sleep an hour and a half to two hours. Do you all recommend any changes? Should I put them down earlier? This is harder for me since I have one that comes in at 12:30. I try to give her time to settle in before we go to naps.
Ac114 06:17 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
How long do your kids usually nap? Or how long is your naptime? I had a mom ask this morning how long her dc napped. She said she is waking about a half an hour earlier in the mornings and she would prefer she sleep in longer.

I usually lay kids down around 1, and they sleep an hour and a half to two hours. Do you all recommend any changes? Should I put them down earlier? This is harder for me since I have one that comes in at 12:30. I try to give her time to settle in before we go to naps.
I don’t adjust nap times for one parents request. I lay my kids down at 12:30 and most sleep until 2:30. I do have 2 that will sleep until 3 and I wake them up. What works for you and your group is what is important, not this one child.
Rockgirl 06:24 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Msdunny:

Your nap schedule is totally reasonable. I wouldn’t change anything. “Oh, how wonderful, dcm—you’re getting a little more time to spend with your child now!”
lovemykidstoo 06:27 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Your nap schedule is totally reasonable. I wouldn’t change anything. “Oh, how wonderful, dcm—you’re getting a little more time to spend with your child now!”
Exactly! I usually lay them down 12:30/1:00 and they sleep mostly until about 3:00. I know sometimes parents get ticked when they take them home at 5:30 and they can't get them to bed at 7:00. That whole hour and a half with them is just too much for some parents. Insert sarcasm!
Kimskiddos 06:42 AM 01-30-2019
Your nap time is perfect, and should be nonnegotiable. Maybe suggest she put the kid down for bed a half hour later. That would work towards fixing HER issue much better than changing nap.
Blackcat31 06:45 AM 01-30-2019
Children grow and their sleeping and eating trends fluctuate accordingly so it shouldn’t matter what mom wants (dd to sleep longer) and should be about meeting the child’s needs at each stage of development.

Mom can adjust child’s schedule at home before asking her provider to adjust the daycare schedule.
CountryRoads 06:56 AM 01-30-2019
All mine go down at 12:00 and wake up around 2:00-2:30. I may have a couple who wake up closer to 3:00.

There is nothing wrong with your schedule. Besides, it's only a half hour
Leigh 08:18 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
Your nap time is perfect, and should be nonnegotiable. Maybe suggest she put the kid down for bed a half hour later. That would work towards fixing HER issue much better than changing nap.

LITTLESTARS 09:42 AM 01-30-2019
I also put my kiddos down at 1pm to 3pm 2 hour nap time some may wake sooner and in that case I have a quite place form them but usually they just stay on nap mats and some go back to sleep . I think 2 hours is fine .
jenboo 12:51 PM 01-30-2019
12-3. Some wake up earlier and some sleep longer.
hwichlaz 01:13 PM 01-30-2019
1230-300
littlefriends 03:46 PM 01-30-2019
I put mine down 1:00-3:00. I don’t ever make changes to fit my daycare families. I just explain that my policies are made clear at interview and if they have any questions to refer to their handbook and cite which page to look at. Mine don’t have to sleep but they do have to lay down and be quiet.
Josiegirl 02:00 AM 01-31-2019
I wish some of mine would just be quiet; they don't even have to sleep. I lay them down about 12:15 and the ones that do fall asleep are usually awake by 1:30. My 8 mo usually wakes at 1 and my 2 1/2 yo doesn't usually sleep at all.

I would definitely do as has been suggested and leave your naps as is. Let dcm have an extra 30 minutes of cuddling with dd at night, hey maybe she could even read her a couple books.
Tags:naps
Reply Up