Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:01 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default What Do You Do with Non-Nappers?

As our children approach 5 years, they no longer want to nap. We allow them to look at a few books on their mats, and we just purchased a few books on tape. Is there anything else you would suggest? Thanks for your help!
Old 03-06-2019, 12:06 PM

All mine nap. Even the 5 yr olds

Here are other threads about non nappers
Several have some good suggestions

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=non+sleepers
Old 03-06-2019, 01:39 PM
Daycare.com Member

Move them on to a new program. . My 5 year olds look at books quietly while the little fall asleep, nap and remain quiet until nap time is over.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:40 PM
Daycare.com Member

My only non napper is my own, who's 6 he plays in his room. I've allowed him to either read, play or use his leapfrog. But this is during the summer or other non school days. All my dks do nap, or at least play for quite time for me it's a requirement. My own guy dose not have to cause he goes to school most days and is not use to it.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:54 PM
Daycare.com Member

My 5 yos are turning out to be better nappers than my 2 yos!!!
I used to give some of the 4 yos who just would not nap anymore, busy boxes with quiet activities in them. Dry erase boards, puzzles, magnetic books or dolls, and books were a hit too.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:08 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

All my kids are required to nap. No nap = bye!!
Old 03-08-2019, 06:48 AM
Daycare.com Member

Thanks for your comments everyone. It's helpful to know what others do.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:10 AM
Daycare.com Member

If they donít nap or wake up before naptime is over I allow them to look at a book or play with a quiet toy on their cots.

Tags
non-nappers, won't sleep