Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Scored this for FREE!
Rockgirl 05:45 AM 03-13-2019
I’ve wanted one of these for a long time, but haven’t managed to find one at a garage sale or thrift store. No way would I pay what they go for on eBay! A friend texted me a pic of it yesterday and asked if I wanted it. Um...YES! It just needed to be cleaned up. He also brought a little tikes kitchen, which I’ll pass to my daughter for my grandson, and it’s the identical one she had as a child.

My dcks are going to be so happy. They are very into playing house right now.
Attached: 902648C8-4C95-4D12-B3D1-A272A9FCE71C.jpeg (2.43 MB) 
Blackcat31 05:47 AM 03-13-2019
What a great deal!!

So cute too! I bet the kids will love it!
Rockgirl 05:53 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
What a great deal!!

So cute too! I bet the kids will love it!
My first child is here, and happily doing laundry.
Firefly 06:03 AM 03-13-2019
How cute! I can see the kids loving that!
MyAngels 06:45 AM 03-13-2019
That's so cute! With my current group I could totally see one certain kid trying to stuff another little one inside
storybookending 07:45 AM 03-13-2019
I had this same one as a child and although my mom sold all of my little tykes stuff (and cried about it for years because she regretted it) I was lucky enough to find one when I was first starting out on a Facebook site. I paid $15 or $20 for it, I can’t remember exactly I would have to check my records. It did not have the original iron though but did come with a cheaper plastic one. Unfourtunatly my daycare kids do not really play with it.
Rockgirl 07:54 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I had this same one as a child and although my mom sold all of my little tykes stuff (and cried about it for years because she regretted it) I was lucky enough to find one when I was first starting out on a Facebook site. I paid $15 or $20 for it, I can’t remember exactly I would have to check my records. It did not have the original iron though but did come with a cheaper plastic one. Unfourtunatly my daycare kids do not really play with it.
I’ve let go of some older little tikes toys over the years, and I’m kicking myself for it! You just can’t beat the quality. Their newer items aren’t nearly as sturdy.
storybookending 08:23 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
I’ve let go of some older little tikes toys over the years, and I’m kicking myself for it! You just can’t beat the quality. Their newer items aren’t nearly as sturdy.
I still have my large doll house pictured below and so many accessories for it and the kids play with that daily.
Attached: 68C47974-701A-4933-A151-55704BC7EF21.jpg (103.3 KB) 
Rockgirl 08:31 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I still have my large doll house pictured below and so many accessories for it and the kids play with that daily.
I’m so jealous!!
Josiegirl 10:20 AM 03-13-2019
So cool!!
e.j. 10:31 AM 03-13-2019
Ooh! I'm so jealous! I had a washer/dryer similar to that that my husband picked up for me at a yard sale. The kids broke it recently and I've been looking around for a replacement. I can't find anything that matches the quality of the old one without having to pay an arm and a leg for it.
Lucky you!
KayB 10:37 AM 03-13-2019
Awww ..you lucky ducky!!
LK5kids 06:17 PM 03-14-2019
Awesone! I have this exact set. I got it at a rummage sale about 11 yrs ago. It’s the best. I love ❤️ it. The kids love it. I think they are almost vintage.

Today a 17 mo old put beanie babies in it. I said, Are you washing your animals like Mrs. Wishy Washy? Then we read the book!

About 2 months ago someone gave me this beauty. They love it too.
Attached: EEA3A669-FD72-4B37-8267-CDDE6A269F58.jpeg (714.0 KB) 
lovemykidstoo 03:03 PM 08-04-2019
I have that washer/dryer/ironing board in my basement. have you seen how much they go for on Ebay? If I could figure out how to package it up to ship it, I'd put mine on there.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Little-Tike...kAAOSwONlc~TQR
e.j. 07:35 PM 08-04-2019
After seeing Rockgirl's picture, I started looking on ebay and saw a few of them listed for between $100 - $165. Some included shipping, others were listed as local pick up only. I was lucky enough to find one locally for $65. (I was probably way more excited than a grown woman had a right to be but it's one of the most played with toy in my day care these days!)
rosieteddy 05:26 AM 08-05-2019
I am still annoyed that I gave all my stuff away.The laundry center ,kitchen high chairs for dolls ect .All in great condition then not 3 months later my 44 yr old daughter announces shes expecting.I did not know she was trying.My grand daughter was born sept ,ugghhh.She would have eventually loved them and I have a big empty playroom no one uses.At least I kept books and the castle set ...I guess.
knoxmomof2 05:27 AM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I have that washer/dryer/ironing board in my basement. have you seen how much they go for on Ebay? If I could figure out how to package it up to ship it, I'd put mine on there.

You could do local pickup only.... Or a site like Craigslist that doesn't charge a cut from your profit 😁
Rockgirl 05:51 AM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:

Yes! When our friend offered me the set, I sent him a link to the eBay listing, and asked if he’d rather sell it. He still wanted me to have it for the daycare.
Blackcat31 07:06 AM 08-05-2019
I also ditched all my Little Tikes stuff but I don't regret it at all. My DD had the dollhouse StorybookEnding posted above and the stable as well as grandma's house and a ton of accessories. I had it at daycare the first few years I was open but the kids literally destroyed it. They climbed on it like a ladder, picked the stickers off and pulled all the railings and window frames off. I got so sick of fixing it that I finally sold it to my cousin for her little girl.

The one thing I learned about having my own kids' Little Tike toys in daycare was that how my own kids used/treated them was NOT AT ALL how the daycare kids used/treated them so I didn't feel bad about getting rid of any of it. I am a saver for future grand kids and all but I never looked at Little Tikes as heirloom type savables.

I still have the yellow ride on race car my son got for his 1st birthday and I still have the doll crib/storage unit my dd got for her 3rd birthday but only because they're kind of durable and the DC kids haven't ruined them...yet.

Oh I also still have the castle out in the front yard. Although that has seen it's share of abuse too.

A couple summers ago I sold/gave away all the rest.
Cozy coupes and all...
Attached: 064be031445187a9ff984699a7ce098a.jpg (12.9 KB) Vintage-Little-Tikes-Tykes-Pink-Baby-Doll-Bassinet.jpg (12.5 KB) 6169.jpg (141.3 KB) 
Rockgirl 08:29 AM 08-05-2019
BC, I still have that bassinet, and the matching high chair. I’d prefer to replace them with wooden pieces, but I’ll wait awhile.
Tags:free stuff, play furniture
Reply Up