Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help with Wording
Valerie928 08:47 AM 04-29-2019
I want to now include in my policy something along the lines of....do not tell me your child has a runny nose, fever, cough and all other things because they have allergies or they are teething. Something short and to the point. Dcg 2.5 came here last Thursday sneezing everywhere and runny nose, mom said her allergies were bothering her.....ok sure. Today my other dcg 16 months comes in with same symptoms, dad says it's teething. Nope, I know better, it's dcg 2.5 "allergies" that she passed onto 16 month old. So, you can see here that parents think I am stupid. I know I need to be more confrontational but not much of a backbone here sadly.
To avoid nonsense like this in the future I would like ideas on wording for something to put in my policy. Thanks
Blackcat31 08:59 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
I want to now include in my policy something along the lines of....do not tell me your child has a runny nose, fever, cough and all other things because they have allergies or they are teething. Something short and to the point. Dcg 2.5 came here last Thursday sneezing everywhere and runny nose, mom said her allergies were bothering her.....ok sure. Today my other dcg 16 months comes in with same symptoms, dad says it's teething. Nope, I know better, it's dcg 2.5 "allergies" that she passed onto 16 month old. So, you can see here that parents think I am stupid. I know I need to be more confrontational but not much of a backbone here sadly.
To avoid nonsense like this in the future I would like ideas on wording for something to put in my policy. Thanks
Simply exclude for SYMPTOMS not actual illness.

Excessive runny nose due to allergies....
(exclude for excessive runny nose NOT allergies)

Fever due to teething
(exclude for fever NOT teething)

You nor your parents are Dr's so don't allow them to diagnose.

Easy peasy when you simply change how you word your exclusions/illness policy
nannyde 09:36 AM 04-29-2019
https://www.nanshouse.com/policies.htm
Ariana 12:15 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Simply exclude for SYMPTOMS not actual illness.

Excessive runny nose due to allergies....
(exclude for excessive runny nose NOT allergies)

Fever due to teething
(exclude for fever NOT teething)

You nor your parents are Dr's so don't allow them to diagnose.

Easy peasy when you simply change how you word your exclusions/illness policy
All of this! Things are much less complicated when you exclude for symptoms because it doesn’t matter why they have them.

I have a child whose parents excessively use Restoralax, a laxative on their child (actually this is my 3rd child who has been on it excessively). Its not safe to use it long term but because it is over the counter, parents don’t care. She gets diarrhea sometimes from overuse so I exclude for it. They are slowly catching on that this does not work for me.
Valerie928 12:38 PM 04-29-2019
Thanks ladies! I once had a family term (a blessing) they kept putting their toddler to bed with full juice bottles and he would come to me with diarrhea. I kept sending him home, parents were annoyed with me and termed. My only term in 20+ years. You would think after so long I would have everything together and such. I am trying! Thanks for all the advice ladies.😊
Tags:backbone - not, illness policy
Reply Up