Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Provider Appreciation Day!
Blackcat31 06:20 AM 05-08-2019
It's not 'officially' until Friday but I just wanted to say Happy Provider Appreciation Day now to all of you!

The work we do, the stress, the vents, the tough kids, the difficult parents, nap time struggles, food battles, diaper blow outs and screaming tantrums that we deal with on a daily basis is only something we (as providers) truly understand.

All those things make a difference in someone's life every single day and that makes YOU important!! ....even if clients fail to appear appreciative.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and know that even though it's not said often enough YOU ARE APPRECIATED!!!
Blackcat31 06:25 AM 05-08-2019
My governor does not appreciate family child care providers.

I hope your state is more supportive than mine currently is.

"Governor Tim Walz chose not to issue a proclamation for the Week of the Family Child Care Provider this year. This would have been the 32nd proclamation"
Attached: CCAD.jpg (67.7 KB) 
Cat Herder 07:41 AM 05-08-2019
My governor declared it State Employees week.

They are patting each other on the back, instead.

Everyone else is celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week. A couple of my DCPs brought me teacher gifts. I also got gifts for them, you know, since they are actually teachers.
lovemykidstoo 07:44 AM 05-08-2019
Thank you BC! Probably the only acknowledgement that I'll get this week lol! Happy Provider week to all of you!
Ariana 07:46 AM 05-08-2019
Happy Providers Appreciation Day to all of my hard working dedicated colleagues

It would be so fun to see governers reactions if we all went on strike. The whole City, including all essential services would grind to a halt. Baffles me that people don’t get that.
Cat Herder 07:49 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
It would be so fun to see governers reactions if we all went on strike.

I'd be happy if ours forgot we exist. He did cut funding for oversight. His predecessor (read: his wife) really kept a boot to our throats. I am pretty happy with the new breathing room lately.
Baby Beluga 08:15 AM 05-08-2019
Happy (early) provider appreciation day!
Mike 08:16 AM 05-08-2019
Happy Provider Appreciation Day to all of you
Rockgirl 08:52 AM 05-08-2019
Thanks, BC! Happy Provider Appreciation Day to you as well!
Josiegirl 09:28 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Thank you BC! Probably the only acknowledgement that I'll get this week lol! Happy Provider week to all of you!
Same here; I don't think anyone has mentioned it for the past few years, to me. It doesn't really matter actually. I think all the special days like that are kind of silly to be honest. Nurses Day, Secretary's Day(or is it administrative assistants day now? Lol) Best thing parents can do to show their appreciation is pay me on time, treat me with respect and kindness, help me be a partner in their childs life and share common goals, keep honest communication open, and show up when they're supposed to(or say they will).
Hmm, maybe it would be easier to buy me flowers.
lovemykidstoo 10:08 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Same here; I don't think anyone has mentioned it for the past few years, to me. It doesn't really matter actually. I think all the special days like that are kind of silly to be honest. Nurses Day, Secretary's Day(or is it administrative assistants day now? Lol) Best thing parents can do to show their appreciation is pay me on time, treat me with respect and kindness, help me be a partner in their childs life and share common goals, keep honest communication open, and show up when they're supposed to(or say they will).
Amen!
Cat Herder 11:20 AM 05-08-2019
14 minutes ago my governor finally posted Happy Teachers Appreciation Week.

14 minutes ago.
Mom2Two 12:05 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Happy Providers Appreciation Day to all of my hard working dedicated colleagues

It would be so fun to see governers reactions if we all went on strike. The whole City, including all essential services would grind to a halt. Baffles me that people don’t get that.
So true!!
Mom2Two 12:06 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
It's not 'officially' until Friday but I just wanted to say Happy Provider Appreciation Day now to all of you!

The work we do, the stress, the vents, the tough kids, the difficult parents, nap time struggles, food battles, diaper blow outs and screaming tantrums that we deal with on a daily basis is only something we (as providers) truly understand.

All those things make a difference in someone's life every single day and that makes YOU important!! ....even if clients fail to appear appreciative.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and know that even though it's not said often enough YOU ARE APPRECIATED!!!
Thanks, BC!
Mom2Two 12:11 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Same here; I don't think anyone has mentioned it for the past few years, to me. It doesn't really matter actually. I think all the special days like that are kind of silly to be honest. Nurses Day, Secretary's Day(or is it administrative assistants day now? Lol)

Then, Josie, you probably wouldn't like THIS website! DH and DD LOVE that website, though. And I've been conned into all kinds of things because of the day's "National Day."

Best thing parents can do to show their appreciation is pay me on time, treat me with respect and kindness, help me be a partner in their childs life and share common goals, keep honest communication open, and show up when they're supposed to(or say they will).

Too true lol

Gemma 04:48 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Thank you and same to you!
Tags:provider appreciation day
Reply Up