Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Grandparents Making the Rules...LOL
WBee 08:00 AM 06-06-2019
So tired of seeing grandparents "raising" the grandkids these days. They pay for daycare more than the parents do! Anyway, I have a parent who is a teacher. She & Grandma told me upon signing up a few months ago that dcb would not be here for the summer. They're hoping I can take dcb in September, which is not promised as I am licensed for 6 and if someone wants the spot, so be it. (He's only 2x per week.) Two weeks ago, same story. He ends care next week. Yesterday at PU, Grandma asked if Mom had called me. Me: "No." Grandma: "Well I finally convinced her to keep him here for the summer so he doesn't lose his spot. So he will be staying." Me: "I'm sorry but I've already filled it. Mom gave me his last attendence date 2 weeks ago." Grandma: Ugh! So he lost it for Sept. too?" Me: "No, I'm not saying that but I also cannot guarantee it as we discussed prior. I do have two going to Kindergarten so it depends on schedule changes." Grandma: (Walks out ticked off.) OMG. LOL
Blackcat31 09:16 AM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by WBee:
So tired of seeing grandparents "raising" the grandkids these days. They pay for daycare more than the parents do! Anyway, I have a parent who is a teacher. She & Grandma told me upon signing up a few months ago that dcb would not be here for the summer. They're hoping I can take dcb in September, which is not promised as I am licensed for 6 and if someone wants the spot, so be it. (He's only 2x per week.) Two weeks ago, same story. He ends care next week. Yesterday at PU, Grandma asked if Mom had called me. Me: "No." Grandma: "Well I finally convinced her to keep him here for the summer so he doesn't lose his spot. So he will be staying." Me: "I'm sorry but I've already filled it. Mom gave me his last attendence date 2 weeks ago." Grandma: Ugh! So he lost it for Sept. too?" Me: "No, I'm not saying that but I also cannot guarantee it as we discussed prior. I do have two going to Kindergarten so it depends on schedule changes." Grandma: (Walks out ticked off.) OMG. LOL
....and that is EXACTLY why so many grand parents are raising their grandkids..... because they didn't teach their children how to be responsible and how to make their own decisions.

If I were you, I would not take the child back solely based on principle alone. They expect you to "save" the space while they are taking income from you...I mean saving money themselves.
WBee 10:01 AM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
....and that is EXACTLY why so many grand parents are raising their grandkids..... because they didn't teach their children how to be responsible and how to make their own decisions.

If I were you, I would not take the child back solely based on principle alone. They expect you to "save" the space while they are taking income from you...I mean saving money themselves.
Agreed! The best quote I've heard relating to this is, "If you raise your children, you won't have to raise your grandkids!" Also, the Grandma always shows up 5 min. prior to my opening time, pulling on the doorknob because I won't open until "I'm open" and complains about her son/daughter-in-law daily. Kid 1/2 in PJ's the last couple of drop-offs and carrying his breakfast. No thank you! Your problem is not my problem! It is sad today though.
Rockgirl 11:05 AM 06-06-2019
It’s possible grandma is ticked at dcm, and not you. It sounds like she tried telling her not to give up dcb’s spot, and dcm didn’t listen.
WBee 05:09 AM 06-07-2019
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
It’s possible grandma is ticked at dcm, and not you. It sounds like she tried telling her not to give up dcb’s spot, and dcm didn’t listen.
Oh, I'm sure she is. It's just tiring to be stuck b/t the issues with these two. She just dropped off complaining of dcb going to bed at 10:30 last night, again. I hear ya Grandma but dear Lord these two! I feel bad because dcb is sweet and I hate to lose him but drama drama mama llama! LOL
Indoorvoice 06:05 AM 06-07-2019
I had to term a family once solely because of the grandma. She did pretty much all the drop offs and pick ups and was an absolute nightmare. Great parents, awesome kids, TERRIBLE GRANDMA. I dreaded the sight of her every day.
Snowmom 06:58 AM 06-07-2019
I wouldn't re-enroll them even if the space was available.
When someone "takes a chance" that the spot will be there when THEY need it, then they've showed you exactly how little they respect you and your business. You were not important enough to them to secure the spot, so I'd take them at their word and find a family who will.
Tags:grandparent rights, grandparents
Reply Up