Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
CountryRoads 12:47 PM 07-10-2019
Dcb is going to be the last one picked up and probably right at closing time "to be on the safe side."

Dcm doesn't even work. Grrr.
Ac114 01:22 PM 07-10-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Dcb is going to be the last one picked up and probably right at closing time "to be on the safe side."

Dcm doesn't even work. Grrr.
What’s that even mean? Lol

Everyone was picked up early today except I have 2 left and both their parents are off today 😑
CountryRoads 01:38 PM 07-10-2019
Originally Posted by Ac114:
What’s that even mean? Lol

Everyone was picked up early today except I have 2 left and both their parents are off today 😑
I think she didnt want to commit to picking up at a certain time, so "just to be on the safe side", she said she would pick up at closing time

Funny how sometimes the last kids in care are the ones who don't need it lol
springv 04:29 PM 07-10-2019
We've had parents do the exact same thing
CountryRoads 11:12 AM 07-12-2019
Talked with a woman at an event, asked what I do. I told her I run a licensed in-home daycare.

She told me she also watches kids and said she had 13 kids that day. Turns out she's not even licensed.

And to think she probably makes more $$ doing less work than me and she's the one running an illegal daycare...
Annalee 11:35 AM 07-12-2019
Talked with a woman at an event, asked what I do. I told her I run a licensed in-home daycare.

She told me she also watches kids and said she had 13 kids that day. Turns out she's not even licensed.

And to think she probably makes more $$ doing less work than me and she's the one running an illegal daycare...
I had a previous parent text me yesterday with a copy of a "friend that wants to keep kids at home" contract and asked if she needed to add anything else. I replied with "I would be happy to help her as a legally unlicensed or how to get licensed and that she can only keep four without license. NO RESPONSE BACK!
CountryRoads 11:44 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I had a previous parent text me yesterday with a copy of a "friend that wants to keep kids at home" contract and asked if she needed to add anything else. I replied with "I would be happy to help her as a legally unlicensed or how to get licensed and that she can only keep four without license. NO RESPONSE BACK!
I'm glad you said something! I didn't have the guts to

It also crossed my mind that how could these parents be okay with that many other kids and only 1 provider??
Annalee 11:51 AM 07-12-2019
I'm glad you said something! I didn't have the guts to

It also crossed my mind that how could these parents be okay with that many other kids and only 1 provider??
It's all about money and the hours of care not the quality, professionalism nor legally-licensed way to too many clients.
Blackcat31 01:43 PM 07-12-2019
She told me she also watches kids and said she had 13 kids that day.
I have 12 kids every day. Alone. By myself. Sometimes in the summer months I've had 14 with only myself and a 13 yr helper.

None of my parents have issues with that many kids and only one provider.
Heidi 01:52 PM 07-12-2019
Yes, but for you, that's legal, you are experienced, educated, and you follow your state's licensing regulations. Every provider I know of that operates illegally has way more kids than they can handle. They provide crap for meals, are stretched too thin, it's pretty chaotic, and they use guidance techniques that aren't exactly um..."best practices". Honestly, it's not usually the number kids a provider has-it's the whole dynamic.

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have 12 kids every day. Alone. By myself. Sometimes in the summer months I've had 14 with only myself and a 13 yr helper.

Blackcat31 01:54 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Yes, but for you, that's legal, you are experienced, educated, and you follow your state's licensing regulations. Every provider I know of that operates illegally has way more kids than they can handle. They provide crap for meals, are stretched too thin, it's pretty chaotic, and they use guidance techniques that aren't exactly um..."best practices". Honestly, it's not usually the number kids a provider has-it's the whole dynamic.

I gathered it was illegal in the posters state but her comment wasn't in regards to the legality of it all.
CountryRoads 01:55 PM 07-12-2019

None of my parents have issues with that many kids and only one
In my state the max is 10 without an assistant, so it seems like alot to me. Especially since she's not licensed and shouldn't have more than 2.

Wasn't geared towards anyone on here...
Blackcat31 01:58 PM 07-12-2019
In my state the max is 10 without an assistant, so it seems like alot to me. Especially since she's not licensed and shouldn't have more than 2.

Wasn't geared towards anyone on here...
As I posted in response to Heidi; your comment didn't come across as having anything to do with the legality of the situation.

I also didn't really think it was geared towards anyone specifically here but to me it was stated in a way that is more or less insulting to those that do have that many kids and only one provider.
CountryRoads 02:02 PM 07-12-2019
As I posted in response to Heidi; your comment didn't come across as having anything to do with the legality of the situation.

I also didn't really think it was geared towards anyone specifically here but to me it was stated in a way that is more or less insulting to those that do have that many kids and only one provider.

Okay, well let me rephrase it.

In my opinion, and that's just what it is - my opinion - 13 is alot of kids for 1 person.

But kudos to the providers who can care for that many kids, cause I know I couldn't do it!
Rockgirl 02:07 PM 07-12-2019
When I had after-schoolers, I had 12 most days. Six were toddlers/preschoolers, and the other six were school age. Things actually ran pretty smoothly! We had a routine, plus with that many kids, they all had someone to play with/connect with.
Ariana 02:52 PM 07-12-2019
BlackCat I thought you worked with your husband! I have had 12 kids in centre before either in the beginning of the day or at the end when ratios legally go up. Here there is no ratio above 1:8 for anyone under 6 years old. In schools the ratio is 1:15
Blackcat31 03:04 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
BlackCat I thought you worked with your husband! or anyone under 6 years old. In schools the ratio is 1:15
He is our "cook" and leaves his job to come prepare lunch for the kids but other than those 1-1.5 hours in the day I work alone.

He is also the resident "fix-it" guy and does repairs and maintenance for my facility but he isn't here full time nor is he licensed as a co-provider at all.
Blackcat31 03:07 PM 07-12-2019
Okay, well let me rephrase it.

In my opinion, and that's just what it is - my opinion - 13 is alot of kids for 1 person.

But kudos to the providers who can care for that many kids, cause I know I couldn't do it!

I respect your opinion. We all have a right to one.

For the record I wasn't insulted personally but it did come across differently than it does now that you re-phrased it.

Also, it's all in how people interpret things posted too so my perception of what you said is MY perception (i.e. my issue) not yours so it's all good!
Ariana 06:41 AM 07-13-2019
He is our "cook" and leaves his job to come prepare lunch for the kids but other than those 1-1.5 hours in the day I work alone.

He is also the resident "fix-it" guy and does repairs and maintenance for my facility but he isn't here full time nor is he licensed as a co-provider at all.
Ah! Well kudos to you for handling that by yourself!
Snowmom 12:09 PM 07-13-2019
I have 12 by myself too. (8 during summer months, 12 during the school year).

I find it more chaotic, stressful and overall not fun when I have less than 10. The only time I feel overwhelmed is when I have young infants... so I don't enroll infants. I tend to enroll 12 months-4 years old.
Ac114 03:20 AM 07-15-2019
DCM sends me this text on Sunday

“Hi! DCB grandparents just asked if they could take him on vacation next week. I told them the only way he can go is if I don’t have to pay for child care for that week. Is that too short of notice or is that ok?”

My reply- Hi! Payment is due wether DCB attends or not. The only tome payment is not due is if I need to close outside of my paid holidays and 5 allotted sick days. Hope this helps!

Guess DCB won’t be going on vacation. Not my problem. Sad thing is, his dad actually pays for childcare not mom.
Annalee 07:17 AM 07-15-2019
The summer is good in that I am more lax with the exception of meals/nap but it is more chaotic in that kids are in and out on vacation, always sleepy/tired because they get no structure while they are away and are not here consistently enough to get in the routine. Kind of ready for Sept 3 to begin my preschool routine and everyone back on their schedule. No behavior issues, just some lackadaisical kids that can't focus real well!
Unregistered 11:17 AM 07-15-2019
It drives be bonkers to look out and see clients waiting in the driveway for me to open. Why do they think its ok to wait in someone's driveway for 10+ minutes until opening time?

if the lights are off and curtains are closed the door is locked it's not time for you to be here!

Its like they cant wait to get rid of their kids!
Cat Herder 11:59 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
It drives be bonkers to look out and see clients waiting in the driveway for me to open. Why do they think its ok to wait in someone's driveway for 10+ minutes until opening time?

if the lights are off and curtains are closed the door is locked it's not time for you to be here!

Its like they cant wait to get rid of their kids!
I put the time they pull in (driveway alarm) on the sign-in sheet. 10 minutes in the driveway prior to opening = $10. They catch on quicker that way.
CenterTeacher20 01:01 PM 07-15-2019
Caught DCG7 demonstrating to her little brother (4) how to "smoke" today during snack time using a veggie straw... while multiple other kids watched.

Happy Monday!
LysesKids 05:29 PM 07-15-2019

Yes, but where you live it's legal... I have lived & done childcare in states where it's ok to take 6 on Legally licensed exempt fr infants 2.5 & under ; I still had parents ask me how I did it lol
Blackcat31 07:46 PM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Yes, but where you live it's legal... I have lived & done childcare in states where it's ok to take 6 on Legally licensed exempt fr infants 2.5 & under ; I still had parents ask me how I did it lol
It wasn’t about legalities
Every state seems vary in regards to ratios

But it’s all good/moving forward
Rockgirl 07:57 PM 07-15-2019
DCM sends me this text on Sunday

“Hi! DCB grandparents just asked if they could take him on vacation next week. I told them the only way he can go is if I don’t have to pay for child care for that week. Is that too short of notice or is that ok?”

My reply- Hi! Payment is due wether DCB attends or not. The only tome payment is not due is if I need to close outside of my paid holidays and 5 allotted sick days. Hope this helps!

Guess DCB won’t be going on vacation. Not my problem. Sad thing is, his dad actually pays for childcare not mom.
How sad for dcb, that he will miss out on a vacation. What difference would it make to dcm, anyway? If daycare is paid for either way, why not just let him go? Makes no sense.
CarryingOn 07:58 PM 07-15-2019
It's so frustrating to be getting interest but not follow through/enrollment. I respect every parent doing what they feel is right for them and their child but still it's frustrating.
Cat Herder 05:22 AM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
How sad for dcb, that he will miss out on a vacation. What difference would it make to dcm, anyway? If daycare is paid for either way, why not just let him go? Makes no sense.
Emotional blackmail. For Ac114.
Ac114 05:26 AM 07-16-2019
I think so too. They are spending a week in Florida. I know she was trying to make me feel guilty for still requiring payment but again, not my problem.
Unregistered 07:14 PM 07-16-2019
So I've noticed some problems with the daycare but I just started last Friday... One thing I noticed is that they put the kids in the highchair when they miss behave. One of the ladies holds one of the toddlers down to get him to sleep. Like holds him down with the blanket on his head (she said he likes it like that). They let the babies cry in the infant room and leave them in the bouncers and kinda rock them to keep falling asleep. Like they just want all the babies to sleep. 6 month old crying in the bouncer I took her out and played with her. Also, The infant teachers were MISERABLE! no hello or smile.

One of the teachers (and probably more) are not qualified. They got lead teachers who haven't even completed their introductory certificate. And a lot of the teachers use one of the teachers as a scared tactic. Like if a kid is not being nice they will ask the kid if they want that teacher to come in and the kid gets scared and says no and listens. I saw like two teachers pick up some kids by their arm!

Teachers get free daycare and can bring their kid in their classroom (even if not of age) they don't watch the monitors (previous teacher arrested on child abuse charges). Idk, I just started and I already hate it! Oh, and the lead teacher brought out some worksheets and dead-ass let the kids "work" on them for like 5 minutes. It was a shape worksheet and none of the kids were even doing it right and she wasn't explaining it to them.

They basically play all day and sleep for like 2 hours. These are 2/3 y/o. Idk what to do. I need a job should I wait a few months and then leave and anonymously report them? Also, a lot of the kids are foster. And the owner straight up told me the kids she didn't like and her least favorite rooms. I always hear kids screaming somewhere and crying. They have a gold seal!
CountryRoads 07:18 AM 07-17-2019
Dcm lets dcb3 run the show. He refused to leave last night, and mom just played into it.

"Come on, it's time to go."

"okay, I'm leaving then, bye!"

"I'm going to go home without you."

She spent probably 5 minutes trying to convince him to leave.

Just pick him up and carry him out! Geez!

I don't know why parents are afraid to parent
amberrose3dg 06:33 AM 07-18-2019
I think so too. They are spending a week in Florida. I know she was trying to make me feel guilty for still requiring payment but again, not my problem.
That is disgusting!
AmyKidsCo 01:32 PM 07-18-2019
Dcm lets dcb3 run the show. He refused to leave last night, and mom just played into it.

"Come on, it's time to go."

"okay, I'm leaving then, bye!"

"I'm going to go home without you."

She spent probably 5 minutes trying to convince him to leave.

Just pick him up and carry him out! Geez!

I don't know why parents are afraid to parent
I used to think that they were worried about being too firm with their children in front of us, but now I think they just don't want to make their children unhappy.
DaveA 12:10 PM 07-19-2019
I hate marketing. I get the stupidest f’ing people on the planet. This was my latest phone call. Had to take a couple minutes &calm down after this one.

“You must be new to this. I’m going to give you some advice. Hire a woman to help out or run it for you. No one is going to leave their child with some random a$$ dude. “

We really need a “middle finger” smilie.

Not how I wanted to end my week. One of the real downsides of cell phones is you just push a button when hanging up. There was something cathartic about slamming a phone down when hanging up on morons.
AmyKidsCo 12:49 PM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by DaveA:
I hate marketing. I get the stupidest f’ing people on the planet. This was my latest phone call. Had to take a couple minutes &calm down after this one.

“You must be new to this. I’m going to give you some advice. Hire a woman to help out or run it for you. No one is going to leave their child with some random a$$ dude. “

Not how I wanted to end my week. One of the real downsides of cell phones is you just push a button when hanging up. There was something cathartic about slamming a phone down when hanging up on morons.
That sucks. Unfortunately you can't fix stupid.
Josiegirl 12:56 PM 07-19-2019

Unbelievable Takes all kinds. Did she say this before or after you told her you make knives?
Blackcat31 12:57 PM 07-19-2019

See this is where I wish I had a mean streak and had no issues being unprofessional because I'd take that callers name and info and then I'd post all about their stupidity all over the internet. I'd make darn sure that no daycares (male, female or alien) ever wanted to take her child. What a shame that there really are such closed minded d-bags out there still.

Sorry this happened to you Dave.
284878 05:07 AM 07-20-2019

There's a male provider in our neck of the woods. I would love to meet him.

Anyways someone contacted me for DC. They had just had a baby but their provider didn't have a spot for the baby. So she was looking for care for just the baby or both. I didn't have an infant opening but said I would put her on my waiting list.
I later was introduced to her and she tells me that the older child was with the male provider and that his wife works for him. She then adds that she feels safe there because the wife does all the diaper changes.

I was so annoyed for him and you too. (Not to mention my DH is listed as my assistant, although he works a 9 to 5, he can cover for me if I need to leave before closing.) When my infant spot opened she didn't get a call back.
littlefriends 01:44 PM 07-21-2019
Spent 2 hours cleaning (on top of my usual Sunday daycare work) to get ready for my interview and they no showed. I’ve never had a no show! So I got on here to research (of course! Because you guys are all amazing) and now I know I should have them contact me the day of the interview to get my address so I can avoid this in the future. I’m kind of starting to freak out about the two spots opening up next month. I’m not getting a lot of good fits calling me to interview... now a no show too. At least my house is clean now and I guess I can read a book or something...
Josiegirl 03:21 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by 284878:
There's a male provider in our neck of the woods. I would love to meet him.

Anyways someone contacted me for DC. They had just had a baby but their provider didn't have a spot for the baby. So she was looking for care for just the baby or both. I didn't have an infant opening but said I would put her on my waiting list.
I later was introduced to her and she tells me that the older child was with the male provider and that his wife works for him. She then adds that she feels safe there because the wife does all the diaper changes.

I was so annoyed for him and you too. (Not to mention my DH is listed as my assistant, although he works a 9 to 5, he can cover for me if I need to leave before closing.) When my infant spot opened she didn't get a call back.
When are people going to realize abuse is not gender specific??!! Such old fashioned and naive thinking.
Jupadia 02:40 PM 07-22-2019
I know it's not daycare related but, I'm currently going through a miscarriage. Should be 9.5 weeks and their not even seeing a fetal pole in the yoke sack which puts me at less then 6 weeks. Had a ultrasound done 2 weeks ago which showed the exact same thing now I go back in a week, if my body dise not do anything on it's own they will schedule me for a d&c then.
Had to share with someone, hardly anyone knows we were expecting. I'm 39 and this was our last go at adding a third to our family. It took 11 months of trying to get pregnant.
Annalee 02:48 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
I know it's not daycare related but, I'm currently going through a miscarriage. Should be 9.5 weeks and their not even seeing a fetal pole in the yoke sack which puts me at less then 6 weeks. Had a ultrasound done 2 weeks ago which showed the exact same thing now I go back in a week, if my body dise not do anything on it's own they will schedule me for a d&c then.
Had to share with someone, hardly anyone knows we were expecting. I'm 39 and this was our last go at adding a third to our family. It took 11 months of trying to get pregnant.

Josiegirl 03:12 PM 07-22-2019
I'm so very sorry for the pain and heartache you're going through.
e.j. 10:56 AM 07-23-2019
I'm so very sorry.
Baby Beluga 01:48 PM 07-23-2019
I'm so sorry
Ac114 06:02 AM 07-24-2019
I’m so sorry for this devastating news. Sending hugs and prayers your way.
Jupadia 11:59 AM 07-24-2019
Thank you all
Cat Herder 12:08 PM 07-24-2019
I am so sorry to hear that.
CountryRoads 08:24 AM 07-25-2019
Dcb threw up right at pick up last night. He was completely fine all day and it was very sudden, and he was completely fine afterwards.

Policy states no vomiting for 24 hours. It really did seem like a one time thing. Dcm brought him this morning (I know, I know), I asked her is he was better. "Oh yeah! He didn't puke at all and ate all his dinner."

I just made a comment that we have fun plans this weekend with our children, so I don't want to risk anyone getting sick. "Oh, no! He has a weak gag reflux."

Not even 40 minutes after she leaves, he pukes up his morning snack. Oh, and no change of clothes.

I knew better, I really did. I'm so mad at myself
e.j. 05:09 AM 07-30-2019
Dcb threw up right at pick up last night. He was completely fine all day and it was very sudden, and he was completely fine afterwards.

Policy states no vomiting for 24 hours. It really did seem like a one time thing. Dcm brought him this morning (I know, I know), I asked her is he was better. "Oh yeah! He didn't puke at all and ate all his dinner."

I just made a comment that we have fun plans this weekend with our children, so I don't want to risk anyone getting sick. "Oh, no! He has a weak gag reflux."

Not even 40 minutes after she leaves, he pukes up his morning snack. Oh, and no change of clothes.

I knew better, I really did. I'm so mad at myself
Don't beat yourself up. I think we've all been there. Your backbone will be that much stronger for the next time something like this comes up. I hope no one else ended up getting it and that you were able to have that fun weekend with your own kids!
CountryRoads 05:49 AM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Don't beat yourself up. I think we've all been there. Your backbone will be that much stronger for the next time something like this comes up. I hope no one else ended up getting it and that you were able to have that fun weekend with your own kids!
Thankfully, our kids didn't get it! But, one of my dck got it over the weekend.

I made sure I let dcm know
MomBoss 06:15 AM 07-30-2019
Almost every morning, DCM brings a pair or 2 of shorts for DCB to change into in case he wants to. First of all lady.. dress your kid appropriately for the weather, its not my job to dress him every morning. Make him wear the shorts. Then grandpa picks up, my last child. I dont live in the house i do daycare in so i already locked up and was putting my own child (a baby) in the car when i see grandpa driving down the road again and says “he wants to get his shorts”
“Oh I already locked up, they will be here tomorrow”
Like really..why did the kid NEED the shorts. The day was already almost over and im sure he has a million other shorts at home. Why does this family answer to every whim of this child?!
Ac114 12:09 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
Almost every morning, DCM brings a pair or 2 of shorts for DCB to change into in case he wants to. First of all lady.. dress your kid appropriately for the weather, its not my job to dress him every morning. Make him wear the shorts. Then grandpa picks up, my last child. I dont live in the house i do daycare in so i already locked up and was putting my own child (a baby) in the car when i see grandpa driving down the road again and says “he wants to get his shorts”
“Oh I already locked up, they will be here tomorrow”
Like really..why did the kid NEED the shorts. The day was already almost over and im sure he has a million other shorts at home. Why does this family answer to every whim of this child?!

CenterTeacher20 03:39 PM 07-31-2019
Had our licenser pop in for our annual surprise inspection before relicensing today- all went well! But I'm an extremely anxious person so I'm always startled when she shows up and thinking I've gotta be doing something wrong- but nope it went well, no issues- howeverrrr

this means its yearly relicensing time again! My least favorite time of the year. I hate paperwork Here's to hoping it all goes well!
Rockgirl 06:21 AM 08-01-2019
Dcd has shown up early several times lately....he doesn’t come to the door, just sits in his vehicle until I open the door at 7:30. Fine, whatever....I just go about my business until then. This morning I looked outside at 7:15–already out there. I opened the door at 7:30 as usual. A few minutes later, dcg asked, “WHY didn’t you open the door?!?”
Rockgirl 06:16 AM 08-06-2019
Predicted high of 99 today...dcg shows up in jeans and a long-sleeved shirt.
Blackcat31 06:23 AM 08-06-2019
SMH. I have a few that do that here too...

Most times the kid is old enough to know better and if not, the parent certainly is.

It's been HOT here too with super high humidity lately so really hard to even breathe but yeah, those black denim jeans go fantastic with that triple layer fleece sweatshirt.

Pretty sure this is a battle parents should pick.
Rockgirl 06:36 AM 08-06-2019
SMH. I have a few that do that here too...

Most times the kid is old enough to know better and if not, the parent certainly is.

It's been HOT here too with super high humidity lately so really hard to even breathe but yeah, those black denim jeans go fantastic with that triple layer fleece sweatshirt.

Pretty sure this is a battle parents should pick.
I agree! Parents need to put a foot down here. I mean, we won’t be out there running in the heat of the day, but we are out from breakfast until time to nap. It gets plenty hot during that time.
boy_mom 04:25 PM 08-06-2019
This is my 7 year old.. we had record highs this summer and the kid keeps dressing like he's going on an Artic expedition....

Thankfully he's just home with me, so some days I've let him do his thing. I just dont know how he can stand it it!!!
e.j. 04:59 PM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by boy_mom:
This is my 7 year old.. we had record highs this summer and the kid keeps dressing like he's going on an Artic expedition....

Thankfully he's just home with me, so some days I've let him do his thing. I just dont know how he can stand it it!!!
Yup! My 25 year old dd has been known to wear jeans and a heavy sweatshirt with another shirt underneath it on 90 degree/humid days. Somedays I want to pass out just looking at her! She says she's comfortable.
Rockgirl 07:55 PM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Yup! My 25 year old dd has been known to wear jeans and a heavy sweatshirt with another shirt underneath it on 90 degree/humid days. Somedays I want to pass out just looking at her! She says she's comfortable.
A school-ager even noticed, and said, “Dcg must be hot in those clothes. I asked her one day and she said she doesn’t have any shorts.”
e.j. 10:52 AM 08-07-2019
A school-ager even noticed, and said, “Dcg must be hot in those clothes. I asked her one day and she said she doesn’t have any shorts.”
That piece of info makes it sad. Poor kid!
Cat Herder 10:53 AM 08-07-2019
Does it irritate anyone else to get reimbursed for meals at half the rate of providers one town over, who charge the same or higher rates, and pay less in property taxes?
e.j. 06:08 PM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Does it irritate anyone else to get reimbursed for meals at half the rate of providers one town over, who charge the same or higher rates, and pay less in property taxes?
Yes! What irked me most, though, was when Tier 2 providers took a cut in their rate while the Tier 1 providers got an increase in their already higher rate. Basing rates on the percentage of public school students who qualify for free or reduced lunch seems unfair to me. Child care providers who live in relatively wealthy communities don't necessarily make the same kind of money their neighbors do. Both Tier 1 and Tier 2 providers are required to pay for infant formula and good, quality food for the children in their care. In my opinion, they should be reimbursed at the same rate.
MomBoss 06:19 AM 08-08-2019
When a parent tells you their child is ready for underwear and they end up pooping in their pants...in tight leggings...and not a firm poop...ugh!!! Until your child can poop and pee on the potty without me telling them to go, they must be in pullups!
CountryRoads 07:43 AM 08-08-2019
Dcb2 is a momma's boy and has separation anxiety issues. He was doing so much better and was reaching for me and waving bye to mom at drop-off.

He went on vacation for 2 weeks and now we are back at square one
MomBoss 10:11 AM 08-09-2019
Not daycare related but..
I needed to register my son for 3rd grade at his new assigned school since we moved. We still stayed in the district so this should have been easy. My mom goes for me to drop off the paperwork since as providers, its hard for us to take time off especially when the window the school is open in the summer is so small. They tell my mom she cant be the one to register. She says she doesn’t understand why if all they need is the paperwork, which she has. They said no they need to physicallly see mom or dad. Ok so i go, my mom is my backup provider and she had one hour before she had to go to work so i run down there to register him. I give her the registration and the paperwork to prove we are in the district, our closing papers. First she cant find where it says buyer. Umm..borrower is the same thing. Then she cant find my name in the paperwork. Well my name isnt on the title. I say its dads name. Then she asks me if hes on the birth certificate. Weird question since the birth certificate wasn’t required for registration. I said no...then she says “oh so hes step dad, so he doesnt actually have any educational rights” and some other stuff she said that i tuned out because i was getting angry. My son has no other legal dad, so if i say this man is his dad and im allowing him rights, then he has rights. I kept telling her its a complicated situation. Then she asked if we were married (still dont see why its relevant, what is she gonna ask for a marraige certificate??) i said no. So she goes “oh so your not even married and hes not even step dad” i still dont understand why shes asking me all these questions. So i asked the lady if it would be easier if he write me a lease agreement since no one has ever heard of fiancées living together...
Mind you, we are talking about this in front of everyone and i find this to be personal info. She tells me my fiancee has to be the one to come in. Why didnt she say that in the first place?!?!? The person on the title needs to come in. Geezzz!! What a waste of time. I just feel frustrated because if we all had the same last name im sure she wouldnt have asked all those questions. It seemed judgemental.
Annalee 10:22 AM 08-09-2019
I needed to register my son for 3rd grade at his new assigned school since we moved. We still stayed in the district so this should have been easy. My mom goes for me to drop off the paperwork since as providers, its hard for us to take time off especially when the window the school is open in the summer is so small. They tell my mom she cant be the one to register. She says she doesn’t understand why if all they need is the paperwork, which she has. They said no they need to physicallly see mom or dad. Ok so i go, my mom is my backup provider and she had one hour before she had to go to work so i run down there to register him. I give her the registration and the paperwork to prove we are in the district, our closing papers. First she cant find where it says buyer. Umm..borrower is the same thing. Then she cant find my name in the paperwork. Well my name isnt on the title. I say its dads name. Then she asks me if hes on the birth certificate. Weird question since the birth certificate wasn’t required for registration. I said no...then she says “oh so hes step dad, so he doesnt actually have any educational rights” and some other stuff she said that i tuned out because i was getting angry. My son has no other legal dad, so if i say this man is his dad and im allowing him rights, then he has rights. I kept telling her its a complicated situation. Then she asked if we were married (still dont see why its relevant, what is she gonna ask for a marraige certificate??) i said no. So she goes “oh so your not even married and hes not even step dad” i still dont understand why shes asking me all these questions. So i asked the lady if it would be easier if he write me a lease agreement since no one has ever heard of fiancées living together...
Mind you, we are talking about this in front of everyone and i find this to be personal info. She tells me my fiancee has to be the one to come in. Why didnt she say that in the first place?!?!? The person on the title needs to come in. Geezzz!! What a waste of time. I just feel frustrated because if we all had the same last name im sure she wouldnt have asked all those questions. It seemed judgemental.
I'm sure this was frustrating

Not sure what state you are in, but in my county, people are always trying to give other family-members' addresses to get in a certain school zone. Plus nowadays there are extended family members leaving town with children with no "legal rights". We are living in a different time with so much the school has to deal with. A few bad apples spoil the bunch for sure! While you were telling the truth, there were probably many who weren't.
MomBoss 11:35 AM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I'm sure this was frustrating

Not sure what state you are in, but in my county, people are always trying to give other family-members' addresses to get in a certain school zone. Plus nowadays there are extended family members leaving town with children with no "legal rights". We are living in a different time with so much the school has to deal with. A few bad apples spoil the bunch for sure! While you were telling the truth, there were probably many who weren't.
What bothers me is the people in line behind me now know that 1. im not married 2. im not on the title of my home 3. My son has no natural father
Personal things these questions should not have been asked in front of others.
Ac114 11:59 AM 08-09-2019
What bothers me is the people in line behind me now know that 1. im not married 2. im not on the title of my home 3. My son has no natural father
Personal things these questions should not have been asked in front of others.
I would call the school board and report this. Tell them that personal information like this should not be discussed in front of others. Not only that, your fiancé is not his legal guardian. So he could just take child in there and say he lives with me and I want to enroll him? That doesn’t even make sense.
MomBoss 12:35 PM 08-09-2019
I would call the school board and report this. Tell them that personal information like this should not be discussed in front of others. Not only that, your fiancé is not his legal guardian. So he could just take child in there and say he lives with me and I want to enroll him? That doesn’t even make sense.
Right i dont understand why he has to come in, he could be lying for me. Asking for my name on a utility bill makes more sense.
Josiegirl 03:09 AM 08-12-2019
Ugh. Someone stopped talking to me yesterday and I have no idea why. Can we say adult temper tantrum.
Blackcat31 07:59 AM 08-12-2019
What weird district you live in.....

I've never heard of anything like that before.

If you stayed in the district your son should already be "registered" and the only thing you should need to do is provide a change of address.

Given the different types of relationship statuses people are in today, none of that questioning should even be legal or any of their business.
CountryRoads 07:32 AM 08-15-2019
Dcb2.5 has a hard time doing anything for himself (taking off coat, taking off shoes, etc.) - because his mom does it all for him.

We've been working on taking his shoes off and he's able to do it most of the time. He comes in this morning and mom goes to take off his shoes and I tell her we've been working on him doing that himself and he can do it on his own most of the time.

Dcb throws a massive fit and demands mom take off his shoes. And she does.

I'm not sure why, but it bothered me. Maybe because I've been working on it with him everyday and I know he can do it. It's very clear she does everything for him at home, too.
Leigh 10:40 AM 08-15-2019
Dcb2.5 has a hard time doing anything for himself (taking off coat, taking off shoes, etc.) - because his mom does it all for him.

We've been working on taking his shoes off and he's able to do it most of the time. He comes in this morning and mom goes to take off his shoes and I tell her we've been working on him doing that himself and he can do it on his own most of the time.

I'm not sure why, but it bothered me. Maybe because I've been working on it with him everyday and I know he can do it. It's very clear she does everything for him at home, too.
It could be that he is showing you who is boss by bossing his mom into taking off his shoes and by showing you that he doesn't have to do it himself because he has a servant for that. Try putting his shoes back on him and having him remove them himself?
CountryRoads 10:43 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Leigh:
It could be that he is showing you who is boss by bossing his mom into taking off his shoes and by showing you that he doesn't have to do it himself because he has a servant for that. Try putting his shoes back on him and having him remove them himself?
As soon as we came in from outside, he took them off himself and put them away

Maybe it's one of those he "saves the drama for his mama" moments. He knows I expect it from him, and I'm sure he knows he doesn't need to do it when moms around.
Ariana 07:53 PM 08-18-2019

I have two kids the same age, 2 yrs old. One kid can put on and off shoes, clothes, is potty trained, can put on her winter gear etc etc. The other kid has no clue what a garbage is when I tell her to throw something in it. You can tell which kid is treated like a princess
Vesta 02:30 PM 08-20-2019
One of my DCG4 has adopted a “diddy” laugh. All day at a high volume over every little thing. I want to have my eardrums removed and I feel like a bit of a jerk because I really want her to just stop laughing. It’s just so disingenuous and constant. Of course there’s one DCB4 that seems to thoroughly enjoy it so he spends a majority of his time getting her to do it.
Ac114 04:30 AM 08-21-2019
I’m so over daycare lately. Kids going off to school seems to make everyone forget that I also have kids and things to do. I had to close an hour early 2 days in a row for open house and meet the teachers this year. I have one in kindergarten and one going into 4th grade and their open houses were on separate nights. I sent out a mass email and text over 2 weeks ago about it. Then posted a sign on the door and reminded everyone last Friday. BOTH MONDAY AND TUESDAY, one parent somehow didn’t know and didn’t make arrangements to have their kids picked up. First parent was 7 minutes late on Monday. Ok no big deal. Second parent on Tuesday was over 30 minutes late. Still fuming about it this morning because I’m over dealing with inconsiderate people.
CountryRoads 07:25 AM 08-21-2019
Dcm is such a complainer. About everything. Everyday at drop-off and pick-up, I have to listen to some rant about how her child is so difficult and how hard she has it with a child like him. Which are things that are very minor and normal, IMO.

Every. Single. Day.
Unregistered 11:46 AM 08-21-2019
why is it so difficult to fallow policy's? how hard is it to give a two weeks notice?

had a mom try to tell me Friday might be her kids last day. She wants to put her kid in an expensive preschool that she hasn't even toured yet.

I said nope you have to give a two weeks notice to withdrawal. her eye balls popped out of her head. Really cant believe she tried to give me two days notice.

people drive me bonkers! fallow my policy's.

I also HATE losing kids to preschool.
springv 05:16 PM 08-22-2019
People have no consideration for anyone anymore or their policies. Had a girl once put in her notice via TEXT! Her text read, "I'm getting married & I quit"
CeriBear 05:20 AM 08-24-2019
Yesterday I had to work in a different classroom because the lead teacher was sick with a stomach bug. Her assistant is not yet certified to be alone or work with one of our new subs so I was transferred to that room. I have not worked in that room before so I told R. that we should follow the same schedule D. does as 2 1/2 to 3 yos need consistency. This worked well for the most part except for the fact that I caught R. playing with her cellphone several times. She did it when I thought I wasn’t watching. When we were getting the kids ready for bed she said she would help the kids potty while I lay out cots and helped them make their beds. Several times I looked over my shoulder and saw her texting or facebooking while a child was sitting on the potty. Earlier in the day I saw her do the same thing while we were on the playground. I questioned this and she told me she was texting D. to let her know how the day was going. I don’t believe her and even so she should have stepped out of the room.
springv 09:54 AM 08-26-2019
We have a no cell phone policy at our center because we had an incident happen on the playground with a child and when the teachers got questioned about it, no one knew what happened or how it happened because they were on their cell phones when they were suppose to be watching the children. The parent pulled out the child because of it
springv 10:56 AM 08-27-2019
Sent one kid home yesterday throwing up, one kid with a fever due to teething (employee's child) and one today with diarrhea
CeriBear 05:31 AM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by springvalley112:
We have a no cell phone policy at our center because we had an incident happen on the playground with a child and when the teachers got questioned about it, no one knew what happened or how it happened because they were on their cell phones when they were suppose to be watching the children. The parent pulled out the child because of it
We are allowed to have our cell phones on us in case of an emergency but we are NOT supposed to use them while supervising children. This particular teacher I mentioned is extremely bad about checking her emails and facebook throughout the day. She’s sneaky about it too checking while the kids are being sent to the potty or while they are eating lunch or snack. I’m waiting for the director or assistant director to catch her and give her a written warning as she’s already been verbally warned. What’s so important about Facebook or a text that you are willing to risk your job and possibly your career? This young lady wants to eventually open a home day care.
MomBoss 01:40 PM 08-29-2019
Not really a vent but DCM who was suppose to enroll her child but changed her mind because i moved and she didnt like my location and age-range change..contacted me today saying they dont like the new daycare and wondering if i still have a spot open. Nope.
Thats what you get for stiffing me my holding fee.you asked for it back after you said my changes were ok and then changed ur mind again saying it wasnt, so you felt you deserved your holding fee back. Now you wish you never did that.
Too bad.
Annalee 01:48 PM 08-29-2019
Not really a vent but DCM who was suppose to enroll her child but changed her mind because i moved and she didnt like my location and age-range change..contacted me today saying they dont like the new daycare and wondering if i still have a spot open. Nope.
Thats what you get for stiffing me my holding fee.you asked for it back after you said my changes were ok and then changed ur mind again saying it wasnt, so you felt you deserved your holding fee back. Now you wish you never did that.
Too bad.
Right or wrong, I take pride in those moments, too.
CountryRoads 07:46 AM 08-30-2019
Please just pick up your kids and GO.

I do not want you hanging around for 20 minutes talking to my husband (who usually hides in our room when dcd is here, but wasn't fast enough last night) - especially when you are my last pick-up.

To make matters worse, dcd let his kids run wild all over our yard and did not keep an eye on them ONCE. So, that left me watching them and making sure they weren't going to get hurt.

It wasn't until my husband asked me if I was ready to go to town (excuse to get dcd to leave) that he got the hint.

Oh, and I had to round up his kids because he was just yelling at them to get in the car, but of course they didn't listen.

Do parents really think that we don't have anything else to do once their child goes home?? Our days don't end at the last pick-up!
Ac114 10:07 AM 08-30-2019
Please just pick up your kids and GO.

I do not want you hanging around for 20 minutes talking to my husband (who usually hides in our room when dcd is here, but wasn't fast enough last night) - especially when you are my last pick-up.

To make matters worse, dcd let his kids run wild all over our yard and did not keep an eye on them ONCE. So, that left me watching them and making sure they weren't going to get hurt.

It wasn't until my husband asked me if I was ready to go to town (excuse to get dcd to leave) that he got the hint.

Oh, and I had to round up his kids because he was just yelling at them to get in the car, but of course they didn't listen.

Do parents really think that we don't have anything else to do once their child goes home?? Our days don't end at the last pick-up!
I have a parent like this. Checks his child bookbag and home folder. Then checks both his hands to see if he for his stamps. Then makes him say good bye to every child by name and wants all the kids to respond, individually. It’s insane. I’ve said bye a thousand times, ignored, called the kids over to me to act like we’re about to do a lesson. He just doesn’t get it. Please go.
Josiegirl 10:22 AM 09-02-2019
OT but not sure where else to say it.
My sister showed up at our door today, demanded to pay for a cord of wood we'd bought and had delivered for her(thought we were being nice and giving her a gift). She's going through a whole lot with her dh and we just wanted to help her out. But when dh refused to accept payment, she demanded her house keys back and said I wasn't allowed to help her anymore.
She is the kind of person who does not graciously accept anything but gives everything.
It really broke my heart that she wouldn't let us do this for her.
springv 10:22 AM 09-03-2019
Found out today that a girl up and quit on Thursday without a 2 week notice or anything to the owners which is required. What's your opinion???
Ac114 10:32 AM 09-03-2019
Found out today that a girl up and quit on Thursday without a 2 week notice or anything to the owners which is required. What's your opinion???
Required by whom? The daycare does not own people. Does it look bad, yes. Is it wrong, depends. But you can not legally force someone to give a 2 weeks notice.
Blackcat31 11:09 AM 09-03-2019
Happens every day.

No shows, no notice.
Minimum wage jobs seem to have this affliction no matter where you go.

It's not really the right thing to do but doing the right thing simply because it's the right thing to do doesn't seem to be the norm any more.
Cat Herder 11:15 AM 09-03-2019
No notice in childcare could also mean fear of being found complicit in a poorly run program. She could have reported violations and cut rope to avoid blackballing before securing another job.

Then again, some simply don't value jobs that are easy to get.
springv 01:06 PM 09-03-2019
She quit because she got a better job which is understandable but I feel like it looks bad when you don't follow protocol. She was the type that would sit on her rear end for two days ours during nap while im up doing stuff plus she would ask me personal questions because she had just gone trough a really bad breakup and wanted to know if anyone in my family had heard anything and then she wanted to know what was said if anything and then out of the blue she unfriended me and two others on FB
CountryRoads 04:18 PM 09-04-2019
Is it just me or do some parents just not want to spend time with their kids anymore?

Dcm hasn't worked since May, brings dcb here everyday for 8 hours. I understand needing to get things done and running errands, but really? Every single day? And then she complains about how tired she is and how her weekend with her child was crazy and chaotic. She's pulling him out of care because of finances and makes comments everyday about how she doesn't know what she's going to do with him and that she's going to to go crazy.

Dcb works nights and is supposed to come get dcg after he has slept. He doesn't come until right very close to closing time (child has been here since 6:30 in the morning). He also never keeps her on his days off. He rarely sees his child when he's on night shift, but it doesn't seem to bother him.

Maybe, having this job has made me see how much I love alone time with my own kids that I just don't get not wanting to spend as much time as possible with your kids. They are only little for so long
daycarediva 11:02 AM 09-06-2019
Is it just me or do some parents just not want to spend time with their kids anymore?

Dcm hasn't worked since May, brings dcb here everyday for 8 hours. I understand needing to get things done and running errands, but really? Every single day? And then she complains about how tired she is and how her weekend with her child was crazy and chaotic. She's pulling him out of care because of finances and makes comments everyday about how she doesn't know what she's going to do with him and that she's going to to go crazy.

Dcb works nights and is supposed to come get dcg after he has slept. He doesn't come until right very close to closing time (child has been here since 6:30 in the morning). He also never keeps her on his days off. He rarely sees his child when he's on night shift, but it doesn't seem to bother him.

Maybe, having this job has made me see how much I love alone time with my own kids that I just don't get not wanting to spend as much time as possible with your kids. They are only little for so long
yup. It used to be common to have kids stay home for maternity leaves, but now they don't. It used to be common for family vacations but now it's a parents vacation and the kiddo gets dumped with grandparents and still ends up in DC 50 hours a week. RARELY do they keep them home on a day off, etc.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55  ... Last
Reply Up