Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Teacher Cursing at Kids?
Unregistered 04:28 PM 08-13-2019
Me along with 2 other ladies witnessed a daycare teacher cursing at 2 kids. Screaming at the top of her lungs telling them "they're acting like an ass." I've seen this lady flicker the kids and yell at them. She works with one year olds. But after all that she hugs and kisses them. I'm kinda of conflicted. Like she loves them but she acts like that? Do I tell the director? I'm nervous. Is this worth reporting to the owner?
springv 04:47 PM 08-13-2019
What state are you located in? Is this a licensed home or a center? Is the owners/directors always available to answer parents questions or take calls regarding enrollment? If I were you, I would report to the director and then call my local agency and file a complaint because the way you worded it, makes me wonder what else is happening
Ariana 05:41 PM 08-13-2019
It is never ok to yell or curse at anyone in the work place so she should be fired. At the very least sent for anger management courses.
Unregistered 09:23 PM 08-13-2019
Dont overlook it it will make you just as bad.
Do you want your kids, neices, nephews, cousins (real or hypothetical) treated like that?
Josiegirl 03:28 AM 08-14-2019
Is it possible for you and the other 2 witnesses to meet with the director together? I assume this place doesn't have any cameras?
What that woman is doing is verbal abuse, mental abuse and if flickering them is what I believe you mean, I'd consider it a slight form of physical abuse also. Something needs to be said because this person doing this shouldn't be allowed to work with children. As the PP mentioned, I would NOT want someone like that caring for my child.
Rockgirl 07:34 AM 08-14-2019
I mean.....yes, absolutely report this. No question about it.
DaveA 07:46 AM 08-14-2019
Yeah you need to talk to the director about it. No center I've worked at would allow that.
Mom2Two 11:24 AM 08-14-2019
I would have thought that a center would have a good camera system. ????

So the cursing then hugging is a thing. It means that she's not stable for whatever reason. Maybe stress or just not having a stable personality or maybe worse. It's hard to say.

Maybe talk to the director from an approach that maybe the staff could benefit from some training. And find out about the camera thing. With other employees like that, I'd feel a lot more comfortable with cameras.
Unregistered 05:35 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
I would have thought that a center would have a good camera system. ????

So the cursing then hugging is a thing. It means that she's not stable for whatever reason. Maybe stress or just not having a stable personality or maybe worse. It's hard to say.

Maybe talk to the director from an approach that maybe the staff could benefit from some training. And find out about the camera thing. With other employees like that, I'd feel a lot more comfortable with cameras.
Cameras are a thing but no sound. They told me to keep my eye out on her because she got angry at the owner (before i started working there) and slammed the door so hard it put a hole in the wall.
HHangout 08:41 PM 08-14-2019
And yet they still kept her on board. That is a sign to quit, they wont do anything.

And to another poster about cameras-not all centers have them. I worked for a few without, one that had no sound and you could access it on your phone or computer (just us management) and one where it was viewable for parents and there was a big screen at the front desk.
Tags:bad provider, verbal abuse
Reply Up