Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quit Over Email But Owner Asked If I Was Coming In Today?
Unregistered 07:09 AM 08-19-2019
My previous post is about the cursing teacher. The daycare I worked at for 1 month was badly ran so on Saturday I quit via email. The lady did not reply. Today she emailed me asking if I was coming in. So she didn't reply to my resignation but she asked if I was coming in? Ugh
Cat Herder 07:21 AM 08-19-2019
It is Monday morning. I am just getting to my emails after my usual morning routine, it may be the same for her. She also may want to know if you intend to work out your two weeks notice that was probably in your employee contract. A quick "Please see the email I sent Saturday." text may suffice at this point since you won't be asking for a reference or putting this job on your resume.
springv 12:01 PM 08-19-2019
I am a volunteer at a daycare,what do you do with an administrator that pulls this?
Attached: 20190819_135801.png (109.1 KB) 20190819_135902.png (128.2 KB) 
Cat Herder 01:46 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by springvalley112:
I am a volunteer at a daycare,what do you do with an administrator that pulls this?
I guess it would depend on if they had confirmed with you verbally the day prior that you would be there? I would request a photo of the sticky note you left for her.

Yes, it could have been worded more professionally. Yes, they should always have an emergency snack back-up (mine is pretzels & raisins, great for power outage) and not rely on volunteers. Having volunteers is an extra, not a concrete plan.
springv 06:31 PM 08-19-2019
They never once asked me the day before.
Cat Herder 05:22 AM 08-20-2019
They never once asked me the day before.
It is possible the message was for the owners benefit, not yours, to redirect the gaffe from being her mistake to yours in a paper trail.

If she is not someone you want to volunteer for again, don't. "This volunteer arrangement is no longer working for me. Thank you for the opportunity but I feel it is time for me to move on. Sincerely, Gone Girl."
springv 08:23 AM 08-20-2019
This isn't the first time she's pulled this cr*p. I took off yesterday and today to hopefully regain my mental health and not fly into her like I would like to
Cat Herder 08:27 AM 08-20-2019
This isn't the first time she's pulled this cr*p. I took off yesterday and today to hopefully regain my mental health and not fly into her like I would like to
Why do you continue to volunteer for her? Surely there are better places to spend your time?
springv 06:58 PM 08-21-2019
She is the administrator and not the owner, the owner doesn't know anything about what happens as far as these things go because she works another job outside of the daycare and when I first started there about 7 years ago, she was there 2 days a week and now she isn't there period because she works a lot
Michael 08:23 PM 08-21-2019
She is the administrator and not the owner, the owner doesn't know anything about what happens as far as these things go because she works another job outside of the daycare and when I first started there about 7 years ago, she was there 2 days a week and now she isn't there period because she works a lot
I Suggest you send an email when letting them know your days off. That way you can provide the email as record and notification. You are a volunteer. They are treating you like they are paid employee.
Josiegirl 02:44 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Michael:
I Suggest you send an email when letting them know your days off. That way you can provide the email as record and notification. You are a volunteer. They are treating you like they are paid employee.
Completely agree! They're counting on you a.k.a. taking advantage of your kindness and generosity and should NOT be expecting you to fulfill the needs of an employee. A volunteer is someone extra who is wonderful to have but the place can run otherwise too, KWIM?
Josiegirl 02:48 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My previous post is about the cursing teacher. The daycare I worked at for 1 month was badly ran so on Saturday I quit via email. The lady did not reply. Today she emailed me asking if I was coming in. So she didn't reply to my resignation but she asked if I was coming in? Ugh
I know you miss your kiddos and feel guilty about quitting but please try to look ahead, find someplace else that treats their children better and know you were the catalyst for change at that place. Didn't you say CPS is checking into it? Did you tell them exactly why you quit? Allowing their children to be treated like they did, was not okay and you really didn't want to be a part of that, did you?
Good luck to you and hope you find a much better place to give your love to little ones.
springv 09:27 AM 08-22-2019
Think I'm fixing to start group texting the day before and then screenshooting the texts so that I've got proof if ANYTHING is said
Unregistered 01:17 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I know you miss your kiddos and feel guilty about quitting but please try to look ahead, find someplace else that treats their children better and know you were the catalyst for change at that place. Didn't you say CPS is checking into it? Did you tell them exactly why you quit? Allowing their children to be treated like they did, was not okay and you really didn't want to be a part of that, did you?
Good luck to you and hope you find a much better place to give your love to little ones.
I told CPS. Not sure if they checked. But before I left people were coming in for assessment. And the crappy teacher told me, " They're gonna come in here in 2 weeks and look at the cameras. If they see that you can't control the kids that's gonna be a problem." She said this before I reported her to CPS. She told me that because the kids were tired of sitting in the bucket seats and were stepping out of them (she took the straps off most of the seats. idky) and they wouldn't sit down for me.

So I think the owner and assistant told her that someone reported her (me). She was being weird and kept mentioning the cameras. The day after I reported her she was talking about the cameras and on my last day she said the thing about people coming over in 2 weeks.

I still have to go back and sign an employment separation thing. :/
springv 01:41 PM 08-22-2019
I would not go and sign anything until I got a lawyer in the event that they try to get the police involved when CPS comes.
Rockgirl 03:14 PM 08-22-2019
I agree—I wouldn’t go sign anything. You emailed your notice—they can’t require you to sign anything.
Unregistered 03:43 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
I agree—I wouldn’t go sign anything. You emailed your notice—they can’t require you to sign anything.
I don't have to sign the employee separation form? I googled it and apparently it's a thing. Employees want you to sign it so you can't say you got fired.
springv 04:24 PM 08-22-2019
Like I said before in my previous comment, I WOULD NOT SIGN ANYTHING!!!
Leigh 08:12 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I don't have to sign the employee separation form? I googled it and apparently it's a thing. Employees want you to sign it so you can't say you got fired.
They WANT you to sign it. You have no obligation to do so.
Tags:employee contracts, notice
Reply Up