Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Closing On Short Notice
Indoorvoice 08:19 AM 02-06-2017
What is the consensus on this? I really need a few Dr appointments set up and the only day they have available until May is this Thursday! How bad is it to close on this short of notice? I would have to be gone most of the morning until after nap so dropping of late or picking up early isn't an option.
LysesKids 08:38 AM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
What is the consensus on this? I really need a few Dr appointments set up and the only day they have available until May is this Thursday! How bad is it to close on this short of notice? I would have to be gone most of the morning until after nap so dropping of late or picking up early isn't an option.
I personally would close unpaid for the day & schedule everything you can test/appointment wise.

I gave my parents notice last Monday that I needed lab work done & that Friday was the earliest available that wouldn't require more than 3 hrs late open/early shut; my parents didn't hesitate to say thanks for giving as much notice as possible - this is because I had gotten a phone call from my DD in Florida the night before about an hereditary disease she was just diagnosed with. And yes my results are back... not great but not near as bad as DD's results
childcaremom 09:17 AM 02-06-2017
I've done it when I didn't have a choice. I would close for the day. Life happens and you are only human.
Blackcat31 09:36 AM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I've done it when I didn't have a choice. I would close for the day. Life happens and you are only human.

Families that choose in-home family care have to understand and recognize that life happens and sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Which is why most really stress to families the importance of having a reliable back up provider.

If they don't have that option, FFC may not be the right option for them.

As long as it's not a "regular" thing I don't see it as that big of a deal. ANY parent that has had to squeeze in an appointment for their child or themselves before totally understands this is how the medical field is sometimes..

Text, e-mail them all now and don't stress about it.
DaveA 10:16 AM 02-06-2017
Like BC said- it happens. Let DCPs know now and explain why (as much as you're comfortable with). Most will understand. If nothing else you'll find out which one is "that family". I was in the ER and my wife is texting DCPs. Everyone is wishing me well or asking if they could help with something except for one. That one just asked how I refunded closed days. Only thing they ever said about me being closed.
Indoorvoice 12:18 PM 02-06-2017
Thank you everyone. I needed to hear it was OK. I'm feeling really bad, but I never take sick days or anything, so hopefully they are understanding.
Tags:closing - short notice, closing daycare, short notice
Reply Up