Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So Glad They Are Gone
hgonzalez 12:51 PM 03-24-2019
I had a family give me notice that they were leaving and then decided not to send the kids back at all. They paid their two weeks, collected their belongings and left. You would think I would be upset, but I am not.
The funny thing is, I am so happy since they left. The kids were my two biggest challenges and my group is so much happier without them. The toddler was probably the worst behaved toddler I have ever had here, really aggressive and screamed half the day. The older child talked about killing the other kids here and pretended to shoot them, and me.
The parents acted all nicey-nice but made little passive aggressive comments or actions that were really petty. They gradually picked up later and later, never mentioned any concerns to me about my care, just up and left.
I feel like I did my other daycare kids an injustice by keeping them as long as I did. We all feel so much better now and I am feeling so much more relaxed and patient with the kids. Sometimes an unexpected change is a great change!
Rockgirl 01:19 PM 03-24-2019
I’m betting it’s much more peaceful now!
Josiegirl 02:09 PM 03-24-2019
Sometimes things have a way of working themselves out! Glad they left and you've got that peaceful feeling.
springv 03:21 PM 03-24-2019
Happy dance
e.j. 04:15 PM 03-24-2019
Enjoy the calm! Hopefully you'll be able to fill their spots with better clients.
BumbleBee 07:59 PM 03-24-2019
I felt the same way when one of my more challenging kids went to school in another district.
WBee 05:38 AM 03-25-2019
SO very happy for you! Been there....Now you can breathe easier. Congrats! Make sure you send them a thank you note. LOL
Blackcat31 07:34 AM 03-25-2019
Sometimes we don't see how tough a situation was until it's past us. Glad you will enjoy your days from now on!
Mom2Two 11:33 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Sometimes we don't see how tough a situation was until it's past us. Glad you will enjoy your days from now on!
So true.

I hope you enjoy your new, happier daycare OP.
AmyKidsCo 01:21 PM 03-25-2019
Been there, done that! I totally agree that sometimes you don't realize how stressful a family is until they leave.
Reply Up