Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Graduating Pay Scale
daycare 02:09 PM 01-15-2015
ok so I am still suck on this and need some help.

here is a sample of my pay scale

4:00 $200

4:15 $203

4:30 $205

4:45 $208

and so on....it will increase by $3every 15 min.

this is for my existing families as I don't want to lose families if I hike it up so much they can't afford it anymore. Some of them would have a $75 a week increase if I did it by $5.00....again this is a sample, not my rate.

my question is, just about all of my parents pay monthly. so if one week they wanted to pick up at 4:00, the next at 4:45 or even a day change, then how do I charge them?
AuntTami 02:31 PM 01-15-2015
Could you charge them the "average" of the two and if they go over one week, but under one week it'll average out?

Or

What I would personally do, is charge them for their normal time, and if they need to switch, they can but they'll have to pay that extra fee either at the beginning of that particular week, or if they just need to switch it up for one day, then they'll need to pay that day.
daycare 03:00 PM 01-15-2015
it seems like an accounting nightmare to me....lol

I think I will tell them that they can adjust it from month to month if needed, but will have to have the same pick up time for the month.

so if you need 530 on any given day, then the whole month will be billed at the highest rate... $100.00 bucks says they will find someone who can pick up dcks by the earlier time if this is the case.
AuntTami 03:13 PM 01-15-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
it seems like an accounting nightmare to me....lol

I think I will tell them that they can adjust it from month to month if needed, but will have to have the same pick up time for the month.

so if you need 530 on any given day, then the whole month will be billed at the highest rate... $100.00 bucks says they will find someone who can pick up dcks by the earlier time if this is the case.
Or you'll be stuck having them until 530 every day for a month.... that would be my luck. My DCparents would find "something to do" until 530
daycare 03:15 PM 01-15-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
Or you'll be stuck having them until 530 every day for a month.... that would be my luck. My DCparents would find "something to do" until 530
very true, but then I would be getting paid more money for what I am already doing now......

I am pretty sure you are right though, they will stay as late as possible and wont care about the additional cost..... BUT not all of my parents can afford this happening so I am trying to gradually bump them up.

new clients are starting at the higher rate of $5.00 more for each additional 15min..
Ariana 05:36 PM 01-15-2015
I have a different payscale that goes by hours. 4 hours is $X. 8 hours is $Y and 10 hours is $Z. The parents agree to a fixed amount of hours. If they show up past those fixed hours they pay the late fee the same as if I was closed. $15 for the first 15 minutes and $5 per minute after that.
Reply Up