Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>New Here, Burnout Question/Vent
Flowerchild 08:40 AM 09-12-2018
So I'm new here. Been in day care 2 years and just got a much needed raise, but dealing with a troublesome 17 month old who just got a new sister has stressed me out. Biting, hitting, it was chaos 247. She hurt the new baby so I had to move her up yo the waddler room. Then her mom basically came in and asked that I fed her child not even 4 months yet 4 to 6 is ever 2.5 to 3 hours. Wake her up even. I feel like she just got here found fault and began fixing it per se even though we are all adjusting to the new baby in day care thing. It's exhausted me to the point where I believe I'm in burn out. I don't get out much and don't really have friends except at work. Bug I'm shy and suck at conversation so it's been isolating and lonely. I hate coming to work. The kids aren't bad except for one who still hits and bites once a day. Sigh. It's just gotten yo me and I'm annoyed all the time. I fed don't want to give up my job but do still want happinesx. Any tips? New phone sorry if there are weird typos. Oh yeah I have a degree in eced so I've worked hard to be hete. Maybe my life is all day care now? I lost a lot of immediate family last few years and 2 years ago lost my dad so the change from old life yo new life still is hard. That's been an issue too lately. Just because I do t have my dad around to keep from being lonely or bored when I'm at home lol. It's just babies babies babies for last few months. My coworkers don't converse with me since I don't talk much. I don't like being ignored but I'm shy Itroverted and suck with people lol. I hope this site helps me some with my stress and loneliness. Oh I'm 28 and have aas degree technical certification and soon will be getting tecta. The problem child/parents, the parents are passive aggressive and always speak through director to me. So annoying!! Only parents who do that and I try hard to communicate too. Sorry for long post
Blackcat31 08:55 AM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by Flowerchild:
So I'm new here. Been in day care 2 years and just got a much needed raise, but dealing with a troublesome 17 month old who just got a new sister has stressed me out. Biting, hitting, it was chaos 247. She hurt the new baby so I had to move her up yo the waddler room. Then her mom basically came in and asked that I fed her child not even 4 months yet 4 to 6 is ever 2.5 to 3 hours. Wake her up even. I feel like she just got here found fault and began fixing it per se even though we are all adjusting to the new baby in day care thing. It's exhausted me to the point where I believe I'm in burn out. I don't get out much and don't really have friends except at work. Bug I'm shy and suck at conversation so it's been isolating and lonely. I hate coming to work. The kids aren't bad except for one who still hits and bites once a day. Sigh. It's just gotten yo me and I'm annoyed all the time. I fed don't want to give up my job but do still want happinesx. Any tips? New phone sorry if there are weird typos. Oh yeah I have a degree in eced so I've worked hard to be hete. Maybe my life is all day care now? I lost a lot of immediate family last few years and 2 years ago lost my dad so the change from old life yo new life still is hard. That's been an issue too lately. Just because I do t have my dad around to keep from being lonely or bored when I'm at home lol. It's just babies babies babies for last few months. My coworkers don't converse with me since I don't talk much. I don't like being ignored but I'm shy Itroverted and suck with people lol. I hope this site helps me some with my stress and loneliness. Oh I'm 28 and have aas degree technical certification and soon will be getting tecta. The problem child/parents, the parents are passive aggressive and always speak through director to me. So annoying!! Only parents who do that and I try hard to communicate too. Sorry for long post
Welcome to the forum!

You will find lots of support, advice and "friendship" here!

Are you an in-home provider or are you working in a center? Where you work definitely impacts your ability to alter things. Daycare is hard and although there are lots of positives it's still hard.

Here is a great thread about provider burnout.
It has lots of tips and advice that might help...

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66513
Flowerchild 09:59 AM 09-12-2018
I work in a day care. Not in home
Flowerchild 10:01 AM 09-12-2018
I looked at that before I signed up. Good tips. I thought about going to church. Maybe that's a small way yo help with my people issue
Josiegirl 02:27 AM 09-13-2018
Welcome!
I am extremely shy and introverted too. It's not an easy thing to deal with when working with other adults, and children as well. Very exhausting and draining as we need a quiet time to recharge and make it through the rest of our day with a bit of sanity left. I have a home dc so only deal with parents when they drop off and pick up. My 1st suggestion would be to try and steel yourself up for communicating with your director and co-workers. It might be almost impossible for you but possibly give you the biggest support right now that you need.
I'm sorry for all the family loss and drama you've experienced recently and I'm sure that has made you feel weakened, lonely and without support. As difficult as it might be for you, you're going to need to reach out to others in some way. What about seeking a bereavement support group, or checking out some meet-up groups? Everyone needs someone in their circle to lean on, share the ups and downs of life. I bet if you could find that system, life would feel a little better.
Wishing you much luck!! And this site has helped me through so much in my own personal struggles, from learning new techniques, gaining insight, losing weight, feeling supported, just everything. Join in, ask questions!!
Flowerchild 10:56 AM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Welcome!
I am extremely shy and introverted too. It's not an easy thing to deal with when working with other adults, and children as well. Very exhausting and draining as we need a quiet time to recharge and make it through the rest of our day with a bit of sanity left. I have a home dc so only deal with parents when they drop off and pick up. My 1st suggestion would be to try and steel yourself up for communicating with your director and co-workers. It might be almost impossible for you but possibly give you the biggest support right now that you need.
I'm sorry for all the family loss and drama you've experienced recently and I'm sure that has made you feel weakened, lonely and without support. As difficult as it might be for you, you're going to need to reach out to others in some way. What about seeking a bereavement support group, or checking out some meet-up groups? Everyone needs someone in their circle to lean on, share the ups and downs of life. I bet if you could find that system, life would feel a little better.
Wishing you much luck!! And this site has helped me through so much in my own personal struggles, from learning new techniques, gaining insight, losing weight, feeling supported, just everything. Join in, ask questions!!
Thank you 💕
Tags:burnt out, center workers
Reply Up