Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Insurance

Daycare Insurance Discuss your insurance and liability concerns here.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Question Home Day Care Liability Insurance

So do you have liability insurance on you home day care why or why not?

Especially would like to here from you if you do not have and rent?

I am newly licensed and do not have insurance was thinking about getting especially after my land lord expresses concerns about his liability insurance only covering residential use.

But then after a letter form my legal advisor explaining to him that in California home day care is considered normal residential use, He has deiced that if I do get insurance I can not add him to my insurance. Which, confused me because, one the reason I was thinking about getting the coverage was to give him peace of mind.

Thoughts please
Old 07-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Daycare.com Member

I do have home daycare insurance, it covers up to 5 daycare children. I have it because my home policy does not cover daycare. It's only about 17 dollars a month, and well worth the peace of mind.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Daycare.com Member

I use Adults and Childrens Alliance. I rent and have my landlord listed on the policy.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:02 PM

I would never even consider operating without liability insurance. That's a lot like playing ******* Roulette with your entire family's future...

Hmmm....I wonder why it blanked out R.U.S.S.I.A.N.?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:26 PM
Member Awaiting Status Upgrade

Default Needing insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy'sMommy View Post
I do have home daycare insurance, it covers up to 5 daycare children. I have it because my home policy does not cover daycare. It's only about 17 dollars a month, and well worth the peace of mind.
What is the name of the company you use. That seems like a good price.
Jennifer
Old 03-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare View Post
So do you have liability insurance on you home day care why or why not?

Especially would like to here from you if you do not have and rent?

I am newly licensed and do not have insurance was thinking about getting especially after my land lord expresses concerns about his liability insurance only covering residential use.

But then after a letter form my legal advisor explaining to him that in California home day care is considered normal residential use, He has deiced that if I do get insurance I can not add him to my insurance. Which, confused me because, one the reason I was thinking about getting the coverage was to give him peace of mind.

Thoughts please

I'm in CA an legally in CA Family Child Care is still considered residential use so his own insurance should have no problem if for some reason someone was to sue him for something like structural problems. I would definitely still recommend getting liability insurance as in most cases it's not terribly expensive and could really cover you if you get sued if a child gets hurt in your care (which is not covered by your landlord's insurance). Keep in mind that most basic liability insurances for child care don't cover situations of child physical or sexual abuse accusations, most times that costs extra.

I do have liability insurance, I have it through my regular insurance agent (as a rider to my homeowner's insurance).

Here is some info that might be helpful:
Liability Insurance for Family Child Care Providers

Tags
insurance, liability, liability insurance