Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Insurance

Daycare Insurance Discuss your insurance and liability concerns here.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:10 PM
CHD

Default LLC Company- HELP

Hi, I'm opening up my own daycare in 2 weeks and I am licensed and very excited. However, my husband thinks I should get a LLC Company insurance policy. How important is this and how many of you actually have one? Also, how is the best way to get one?
Thank you for your opinion!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Hill Daycare View Post
Hi, I'm opening up my own daycare in 2 weeks and I am licensed and very excited. However, my husband thinks I should get a LLC Company insurance policy. How important is this and how many of you actually have one? Also, how is the best way to get one?
What does LLC mean?

I have liability insurance for my daycare. I use DCI, Inc. (Day Care Insurance). I have been very happy with them.

Laurel

Edited to add: http://dcins.com/home.php
Old 09-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Daycare.com Member

I would go on the tax forum and ask Tom.. Liability Ins. is extremely important are you a LLC or sole provider?
Old 09-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Provider in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
What does LLC mean?

I have liability insurance for my daycare. I use DCI, Inc. (Day Care Insurance). I have been very happy with them.

Laurel

Edited to add: http://dcins.com/home.php
LLC means a Limited Liability Company. An LLC is like a bubble that protects your nonbusiness related assets. Say if a child gets hurt at your business and the family sues you and you have an LLC then they can only go after your business assets but not your personal assets like if you were a sole proprietor (personal assets: home, car, spouse's car, children's college fund).

She talks a little more about it in this video:
http://www.startapreschool.com/training/business.html
Old 09-15-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Hill Daycare View Post
Here is a blog entry by Tom Copeland about LLC's and whether or not it is right for you.

http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/2011/...mpany-llc.html

He has some fantastic info on his site.

Tags
insurance, liability insurance, llc