Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 New DCB Brothers
Unregistered 11:56 AM 05-12-2011
I have 2 new dcb today 4 and 2 yrs. the 4yr old is very argumentive about every thing. how do i get him to stop finding every excuse in the book and to just listen. Example, my own kids rooms are off limits to all dck unless they are sleeping in playpens, but 4yr old ripped down the bbgate and said im playing upstairs. I told him no we stay in the dayhome area, which is my basement. do I need to say my house,my rules? help!!! any advise will be taken, happily!
Meeko 11:37 AM 05-13-2011
Absolutely your house your rules.

He has to respect that from day one. If you let it slide because he's new....he'll assume it's OK to do whatever he wants all the time.

I've had a few over the years who will smile sweetly at Mommy as she leaves and then turn to look at me with an
"OK lady...it's on...let's see if you can deal with ME.." type of attitude!!!

I nip it in the bud immediately. I am kind, but VERY firmly let them know that I am in charge and there is no sliding on the rules because they are new.

I know it takes kids a while to learn the ropes....but those who challenge soon find out it doesn't work. I never get angry and I think that confuses a few of them.......but I am very consistant in what I say and expect.

My house. My rules.
Tags:arguing, siblings
Reply Up