Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>ideas for 'messy week'
WImom 12:16 PM 07-19-2011
We are going to do a messy theme week in August. Anyone have ideas? My kids our all 2-4 years old. So far I've thought of mud pies, painting with our bare feet.

I need more ideas though. I will be doing all these things outside since I have carpet so they need to be outdoor friendly.
SilverSabre25 12:21 PM 07-19-2011
Eat spaghetti (with plenty of sauce!!!) without using utensils.

Popsicles for snack
sharlan 12:22 PM 07-19-2011
Painting with chocolate pudding.
SandeeAR 12:29 PM 07-19-2011
Shaving cream pics or shaving cream wars (like silly string).
SilverSabre25 12:39 PM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
nah...skip the shaving cream. Go for whipped cream! (Like Redi Whip) Then they can eat it. Mmmm.....
cheerfuldom 12:56 PM 07-19-2011
Put up a huge piece of butcher paper on the fence or side of the house and let them make a mural with washable finger paint
sharlan 01:02 PM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
My 4 yo gagged on the shaving cream. I put some in a pan and added drops of finger paint. He couldn't handle the texture.

Watch out for silly string, it stains. One of my kids wrote a large H by our front door right after we moved here 6 yrs ago. I tried washing it with soap and water, even had the house repainted but it still shows.
melskids 03:52 PM 07-19-2011
i just bought those squishy balls that soak with water...you know what i mean? they are like spongy baseballs....

instead of water...we used paint!!! they chucked them at paper on the fence, and then at each other. what a mess!

now i'm trying to find a way to make enough jello to fill a kiddie pool....
Pammie 06:23 PM 07-19-2011
How about making goop, gak or slime?

http://www.kidactivities.net/categor...e-Recipes.aspx
Cat Herder 06:31 PM 07-19-2011
I got those green bio-degradable packing peanuts from Uhaul, dumped them in an unused sandbox and squirted them with rubber ducks filled with water until it turned into "melted incredible hulk goo".....

They had a blast smearing it around the large sandbox (turtle type) with the shovels and rakes from the sandbox kit, too. It cleaned up with a blast or two from a garden hose. Could not tell it ever happened in under an hour (other than the photo cards).
Tags:fun stuff, play
Reply Up