Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM Breaks My Policies Even When Terming! Ugh!
Angelwings36 08:51 AM 10-05-2011
This ties in with my other post (FRUSTRATED WITH DCM)

My contract states this under the category termination:

A one-month advance written notice when terminating childcare services is required. Families are responsible for their regular payment during that time whether your child is in attendance or not. Families are responsible for their regular payment during that time even if the childcare provider was the one who chose to terminate services. Termination notice can only be given on the 1st of any month.

Last week I informed Dcm that her single mother rate of $400.00 would be expiring and she would have to pay what everyone else was paying in order to continue on with my services. Her rate increase went as follows:

October 1st - $450.00
November 1st - $500.00
December 1st - $550.00
January 1st - $600.00
February 1st - $650.00

She informed me last friday (September 30th) that she would be terminating her son's contract and looking for cheaper childcare or quitting her job to go on welfare. She failed to give me a written notice and honestly I don't know if I'm suppose to take what she said seriously or not without a written notice. For legal reasons I need the written notice just in case she comes back on me on November 1st and says, "Well I didn't give you written notice as per contract so therefore my space should still be opened for me."

The reason that I only accept notice on the 1st of the month is because I only accept payment on the 1st of the month prior to the child attending daycare and I only fill my spaces to begin on the 1st of any month. That way there I never have a lose of income in my business.

Dcm has not been here this week, I guess her son is sick (or so she says, maybe she already quit her job? Who knows.) So finally after waiting on her for part of the week I sent her out an email yesterday with a letter that I wrote up for her:

Dear *****,

As per contract it is required for either party to give a written notice upon terminating childcare services. As per contract notice can only be given on the 1st of any month. You informed me verbally on Friday September 30th that as of November 1st, 2011 ***** would no longer be attending daycare with me. Your reasoning for this was based on the rate increase that I proposed to you. I was not given a written notice and do need a written notice from you for legal purposes.

By signing this letter, this will serve as your written notice. Although you did not provide me with written notice by October 1st, we will date this document for the 1st of October provided it is signed and returned to me by no later than 5:15pm on Wednesday October 5th, 2011. If this document is not returned to me at such time childcare services will continue and notice will only be accepted for the next available time of November 1st, 2011. Please keep in mind if you do not give your notice, your rate will continue to rise as follows:

November 1st, 2011 - $500.00/month
December 1st, 2011 - $550.00/month
January 1st, 2011 - $600.00/month
February 1st, 2011 - $650.00/month

Thanks *****.

Anyways, today she texts me and asks if she can come late tonight to sign the paper. I said point blank, NO.

(No sorry I am done at 5 when ***** isn't here and we have to run out right after work so we can grab some stuff to finish the flooring. I'm sorry ***** but I should have gotten written notice last Friday already. I was trying to be nice by extending it to the 5th. If it would have been anyone else I just would not have accepted the notice after the first.)

She responds with: SO I TAKE THAT AS A NO?

Are you flipping kidding me? Um, ya the first thing I said to you was NO SORRY. OMG!

How would you react/feel in this situation?

Thanks.
Tags:breaking the rules, letter samples, policies, rules, samples, single mom excuse, termination, termination notice
Up