Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When I'm Struggling With...
taylorw1210 01:58 PM 05-13-2014
a particularly difficult kiddo, I try to remember this. I thought it may help some of you wonderful providers like it helps me from time to time.
Attached: love.jpg (39.7 KB) 
llpa 03:40 PM 05-13-2014
Originally Posted by taylorw1210:
a particularly difficult kiddo, I try to remember this. I thought it may help some of you wonderful providers like it helps me from time to time.
Thank you for sharing this! I for one, can use this reminder from time to time!!
Mom o Col 03:44 PM 05-13-2014
Thank you for sharing this. And sometimes we are the right one to help, sometimes we aren't. We didn't fail if it was more than we could do.
dave4him 03:45 PM 05-13-2014
True. Often times children are acting out because its the only way for them to express themselves
taylorw1210 04:16 AM 05-14-2014
Originally Posted by llpa:
Thank you for sharing this! I for one, can use this reminder from time to time!!
You're welcome! I definitely need it right now. I'm struggling with a newly enrolled kiddo who's parents recently split and he's unfortunately extremely screen time addicted, has some major issues with lying, and has nearly no ability to follow directions. Poor kid is 5, almost 6. What a disservice his parents have done for him.

Originally Posted by Mom o Col:
Thank you for sharing this. And sometimes we are the right one to help, sometimes we aren't. We didn't fail if it was more than we could do.
Very true.
llpa 08:03 AM 05-14-2014
[quote=taylorw1210;459836]You're welcome! I definitely need it right now. I'm struggling with a newly enrolled kiddo who's parents recently split and he's unfortunately extremely screen time addicted, has some major issues with lying, and has nearly no ability to follow directions. Poor kid is 5, almost 6. What a disservice his parents have done for him.

5's are hard to take sometimes. I feel for you! I had a 5 who told a whopper of a lie that really could have hurt my dc and I termed him after only 4 days. I felt bad doing it but the risk was too much and his parents just thought it was "a funny story"
I often wonder how he will cope w Kinder. Iheard he had to leave another dc for the same reason
Sounds like that little guy has a lot to cope with right now
Reply Up