Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Maryland Providers Please Help!!
daniellesweety1 06:08 AM 09-15-2015
Good Morning All,

I just have a quick question, besides, care course (which I love), are there any free webinars that are accepted by Maryland? I'm in the process of finishing up my first year courses but before I do so, I'm trying to see if I can count some of the webinars I've watched from (early childhood investigations website). Some where about ADHD and Autism. However when I search Maryland's approved websites I am unable to find much. Care courses have a package for the first year courses but I already have for certificates for 2 of the books in that packages which means I'm going to order my courses separately now. So before I do so I want to see what else is out there. I'm still learning the ropes of doing things smoothly and ways to find more info thats out there for us. All help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Second Home 09:22 AM 09-15-2015
Every once in a while the state will send out info on a webinar/ online training that is available ( we have one right now that is about evaluating/screening children in our care - this will be mandatory beginning next year ) . But it is not very often .
daniellesweety1 10:48 AM 09-15-2015
Originally Posted by Second Home:
Every once in a while the state will send out info on a webinar/ online training that is available ( we have one right now that is about evaluating/screening children in our care - this will be mandatory beginning next year ) . But it is not very often .
So other than that you don't know if any other ones that are accepted by them?
MommieNana4 02:51 PM 09-18-2015
Hi.

I have used this site for free training. It is sponsored by MSDE, so there is no issue with acceptance. There is a pre-test and post test (75% or better to get certificate). Mostly common sense stuff. There are 3 or 4 certificates that you can earn.

https://theinstitute.umaryland.edu/

Register
Click on Training
Click Online Training
Click Early Childhood

All the best,
Wanda
Reply Up