Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I think DCM didn't check the beach bag
busymommy0420 12:36 PM 06-10-2013
So DCG brought a beach bag today with some summer dresses for all the girls to wear. I went to show the girls the dresses to see if they wanted to wear them and I reached in the bag only to pull out...A DIRTY pair of adult panties, yeppers a worn thong! UGH, sanitizer, hands washed and still feeling icky. I have 9 more days left after today and I am CLOSED for summer and will offer after school care only in the fall.

I will NOT miss these "uncomfortable" moments that comes with the daycare job lol. Happy Monday to me.
Oneluckymom 12:39 PM 06-10-2013
EEEEWWWWW!! GROSS!

I bet she'll be embarassed! I hate thongs anyway and have NEVER like them.
Brooksie 01:03 PM 06-10-2013
OMG, I'm so sorry but that's kind of hilarious. Totally gross, but pretty funny. I don't envy the direction your monday is heading... hope that never happens again! And I really hope I never see any of my clients dirty panties. lol
MarinaVanessa 01:09 PM 06-10-2013
Originally Posted by busymommy0420:
So DCG brought a beach bag today with some summer dresses for all the girls to wear. I went to show the girls the dresses to see if they wanted to wear them and I reached in the bag only to pull out...A DIRTY pair of adult panties, yeppers a worn thong! UGH, sanitizer, hands washed and still feeling icky. I have 9 more days left after today and I am CLOSED for summer and will offer after school care only in the fall.

I will NOT miss these "uncomfortable" moments that comes with the daycare job lol. Happy Monday to me.
Oh please, please, please tell me that you're going to say something. Pretty please.

"Hi, DCM. Here's your bag back. You may want to go through it" and then walk away

and just in case she tells you that you can keep it until the last day ...
"No really. I think you should take it home and go through it, thanks. And maybe wash it" and smile.
busymommy0420 01:28 PM 06-10-2013
I so want to say something...but I can't. I am too embarrassed for her. Did I mention she is like 8 months pregnant. I don' want to be responsible for an emotional explosion.
Blackcat31 01:35 PM 06-10-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Oh please, please, please tell me that you're going to say something. Pretty please.

"Hi, DCM. Here's your bag back. You may want to go through it" and then walk away

and just in case she tells you that you can keep it until the last day ...
"No really. I think you should take it home and go through it, thanks. And maybe wash it" and smile.

MarinaVanessa 01:42 PM 06-10-2013
Originally Posted by busymommy0420:
I so want to say something...but I can't. I am too embarrassed for her. Did I mention she is like 8 months pregnant. I don' want to be responsible for an emotional explosion.
What if you keep it though and then later return it to her and she see's the undies and thinks somehow that the are YOURS!!! I would die laughing if this happened to me. This whole scenario is funnier than the time that I found flavored lube in a baby's diaper bag .
momofboys 01:58 PM 06-10-2013
LOL I would do what Marina said!!!!!

I never found anything so nasty in a diaper bag although parents would usually leave bank receipts that I have viewed (not intentionally but when youa re digging in there it is hard NOT to look. I really did not need to know that Parent Cheapskate who once "fought" with me about owing me for a day they didn't use (she gave no advance notice which I require) had over 15K in their checking account (& yet she wanted to go "halfsies" & pay only $14 instead of the $28 daily rate)!
Brooksie 02:39 PM 06-10-2013
What if you keep it though and then later return it to her and she see's the undies and thinks somehow that the are YOURS!!! I would die laughing if this happened to me. This whole scenario is funnier than the time that I found flavored lube in a baby's diaper bag .
OMG whhhatttt??! rofl!!!!
daycare 02:44 PM 06-10-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
OMG whhhatttt??! rofl!!!!
can I ask a dumb question...what is flavored lube? is that tube candy?
Angelsj 03:23 PM 06-10-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
More like KY Jelly, with flavoring.
MarinaVanessa 03:31 PM 06-10-2013
Umm ... I suppose you can call it that
MarinaVanessa 03:35 PM 06-10-2013
Ok I'm sorry, I had to crack that joke. Let me explain and I'll be as tactful as I can ... flavored lube is personal lubricant which has added flavors in it to make it taste better. It is usually used when one is about to perform fellatio but is also used to perform cunnilingus (when a woman has her down-south errr, you know)
UtahMomma 04:17 PM 06-10-2013
Ok I'm sorry, I had to crack that joke. Let me explain and I'll be as tactful as I can ... flavored lube is personal lubricant which has added flavors in it to make it taste better. It is usually used when one is about to perform fellatio but is also used to perform cunnilingus (when a woman has her down-south errr, you know)
HA!
Leigh 07:35 PM 06-10-2013
Originally Posted by momofboys:
LOL I would do what Marina said!!!!!

I never found anything so nasty in a diaper bag although parents would usually leave bank receipts that I have viewed (not intentionally but when youa re digging in there it is hard NOT to look. I really did not need to know that Parent Cheapskate who once "fought" with me about owing me for a day they didn't use (she gave no advance notice which I require) had over 15K in their checking account (& yet she wanted to go "halfsies" & pay only $14 instead of the $28 daily rate)!
Now you know WHY Parent Cheapskate had over 15K in checking!
Blackcat31 06:53 AM 06-11-2013

Mister Sir Husband 07:36 AM 06-11-2013
This entire situation would need to be approached differently if it happened to me, if for no other reason than to avoid serious embarrassment. It's one thing if a day care mom has a day care provider return such an item and both parties involved in this exchange are female, but the same item being returned to DCM by a male provider... I dunno. I think I might try to contact DCD and ask him about a possible way to handle this.
Brooksie 08:47 AM 06-11-2013
I'm dying over here!
daycarediva 08:52 AM 06-11-2013
I probably would have thrown them out.

LMAO @ the lube explanation.

The worst thing I have found in dck's bags are receipts, expired medications, pregnancy tests, condoms (unused!) I have a dcp with an 80,000+ checking balance, and she is my nickel and dime parent, like a pp's.
Oneluckymom 12:29 PM 06-11-2013

wabbittrouble@aol.com 05:16 AM 06-13-2013
Just throw it out, chuckle to yourself and never say a word.
Reply Up