Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM/DCD Seem Upset I Didn't Tell Them DCK Now On Nap Mats
trix23 12:58 PM 08-24-2017
Hi, me again. Same drop-in client that I'm having issues with (the one that wants a phone conference tomorrow) is saying that they have questions/concerns about eating and sleeping issues here.

(DCG comes 1x/week and has only come 2-3x so far)

We recently started doing naps on nap mats (vs pack n plays like I've been doing the whole time I've been in business. new playroom setup and we are now doing naps in the playroom) and they said they have concerns with sleep for their daughter.

She screams quite a bit (for like 20 minutes) at naptime, which they told me about beforehand, but I don't give into her screaming. I can tell by how she's doing it that it's for attention (not like she's legitimately crying/upset). I don't mention it to DCM cause I expect the newness of daycare to take awhile to adjust. It's already gotten better because I don't make a fuss about it like DCM does. Active ignore.

This family has a $25 late pick-up fee due and hasn't paid it yet (from Monday- it's due same-day). there's 2 loopholes in my contract that they found and are already using that against me.

Their daughter isn't even 2 yet and they are talking about potty training and etc and I have certain requirements for that. mom brought cloth diapers in one day and said I can use them if I want but that she doesn't have a wet bag yet. (ie: i didn't use them as that's a requirement for cloth diapers)

Just have a feeling that if i keep them around that this will never never end. i had a crazy DCM a few months ago that was fighting me tooth and nail about food being offered and that her DCB had gluten and milk sensitivity, though i told her that i serve these things at the tour. I had to be stern with her in a long email that no, I am not negotiating what food is offered and that she can either provide food, have her kid eat what I serve, or put in their 2 weeks' notice.

It's like deja vu all over again..... my intuition is telling me to term them after this conference call on Friday afternoon.

***QUESTION***
If you go from pack-n-plays to nap mats, do you give your parents a heads up? Or just try it out?

What about other mild changes like that?

Main reason I did it was because the daycare room has more space in it now to nap kids in there on nap mats. (I also have mild arthritis in my hands so setting up pack n plays every day hurts). They seem upset I didn't consult them first!
Tags:biting the hand that feeds you, changing of the guard, copyright, copyright infringement, mats, problem parents
Up