Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Familar With H.pylori Infection?
busymomof2 09:22 AM 08-22-2012
Recently, I tested positive for H.pylori infection. It's a bacteria in your stomach that can cause stomach ulcers. Apparently, it is very common with 1 in every 3 people carrying the bug but may never show symptoms...just my luck. It's also known to cause a form of cancer. Some just think they have sensitive stomachs or heart burn. I knew I had something because I go to bed every night with either a stomach ache or heart burn...no matter what I eat. Anyways, it's transmitted orally. I'm wondering if I should inform my families to have their children tested. I don't kiss them or they don't drink out of my cup but I serve their meals and they sometimes kiss my children who I do kiss on the lips. Has anyone had to deal with this infection before? BTW I am on antibiotics which should get rid of the bug.
sahm2three 09:29 AM 08-22-2012
My mom has it. She just needs to know her trigger foods and try to avoid them or she pays for it. She has to avoid a lot of nuts, and salad tears her up too. I think she is on an antacid but other than that, I don't think there is much you can do.
Thetotspot 04:03 AM 08-23-2012
I had h.pylori years ago, also wasn't horribly symptomatic, I didn't get heartburn, I just started having a pain beneath my sternum at bedtime and when the doctors tested, sure enough, that's what it was. H.Pylori is treatable, it takes antibiotics and several antacids for 10-14 days. I went through the treatment (which costs a few hundred dollars unless your doctor is nice enough to realize that the one medication that they use that has it all compounded together can be broken up into cheaper prescriptions). I got tested a couple months later and the h.pylori was gone. I do not see the point of telling your families because it makes it sound worse than it is. Chances are, if they do have h.pylori, they could have gotten it from anywhere. But since you informed the parents, they would blame you. Heck, if they got tested themselves, they could blame you. H.Pylori can come from so many different sources because it is so prominent. Just IMO, but I wouldn't say anything. In fact, I asked the doctor if it was transferrable and his answer was "well I suppose if you made out with somebody infected it is possible it's transmittable."
busymomof2 05:25 AM 08-23-2012
Thank you! That's good too know. Glad you're better. Yea, I don't think I am gonna tell them. They freaked out recently when we had a scare of hand foot mouth diesease. A dc baby showed signs of it and got tested. Everyone freaked and even dc mom was asking if any of my kids have it- I felt trying to blame me. Noone but the baby showed any signs of it and noone else got sick. Thanks again!
Tags:h.pylori infection
Reply Up