Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Payroll Companies
EAP 12:39 AM 02-23-2013
Who do you use and what is the cost? Do they calculate the taxes for you?

I am hiring an employee and need a payroll company.
TomCopeland 01:25 PM 02-24-2013
Originally Posted by EAP:
Who do you use and what is the cost? Do they calculate the taxes for you?

I am hiring an employee and need a payroll company.
Automated Data Processing (ADP) is a national company that deals with small businesses. Ask your tax preparer (if you have one) if they do this or can recommend someone.
snbauser 04:39 PM 02-24-2013
I used Intuit's online payroll system. When I researched them at the time (about 5 years ago) they were the cheapest in fees and really did just about everything.
sahm1225 01:01 PM 03-10-2013
Oh I just posted the same question!

Does anyone else use a payroll company?
EAP 09:46 AM 03-12-2013
I agree with above - Intuit had best rate and first month is free.
MarinaVanessa 10:21 AM 03-12-2013
You guys made me curious and so I checked it out (I don't have assistants right now) and I thought it was great and fairly cheap. $19 a month plus $1.50 per employee sounds good to me.

I like that you can enter the employees hours and that it calculates their wages automatically so it takes the guess work out of it. I also like that at that point you can then print your own checks at home or you can have the checks direct deposited for free.

I also like that it calculates the federal and state payroll taxes for you and reminds you when to pay them. For those that use Intuit I have a question about this part ... does the $19 program remove the payroll taxes from the employees pay automatically or do you have to get the $29 a month one to do that? Then do you just have to save the payroll taxes? Where do you guys save it? In another account?

I also love that you can use Intuit on a phone app too.
EAP 10:48 AM 03-12-2013
I picked the $29/ month so I don't have to figure out taxes - just pay them but if it isn't too complicated I might do the $19/month
Tags:payroll
Reply Up