Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:25 AM
*DAYCARE PROVIDER*

Default Those Who Use Baby Monitors

just wanted to pass this along:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40326112...s-new_york_ny/

i dont use any monitors, never have but thought some of you would be interested in this.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Daycare.com Member

Thanks, that's good to know. I've known that regular monitors can be heard but A. didn't know people were targeting those houses and B. you can't actually see in their houses, just be heard. Scary stuff.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Daycare.com Member

Clicked on the link but it says the text is no longer available.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Daycare.com Member

The page says "text no longer available" or something like that, so not exactly sure what it was saying, but I know that other people can hear baby monitors. We have police scanners, always on. One day I very clearly heard someone else's (I don't use one) baby monitor! I have no idea whose it was, but probably our next door neighbor who also has a daycare. Kind of scary though that someone else can be listening in to your daily activities!
Old 12-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

i bought a baby monitor at a garage sale, plugged it in, and could hear other voices on it, i don't know if it was from a scanner, another monitor or phone.....but that was the end of the baby monitor. who is to say that you can't be heard too. my own cordless phone in the past had issues where i could here whole conversations of people. scary thing.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:10 PM
*DAYCARE PROVIDER*

not sure, it was working. i guess other news is more important? lol...it was talking about the video monitors and how ppl were being able to see in anothers house. just like the listening..ppl could see others babies in their cribs sleeping
Old 12-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleysBands View Post
not sure, it was working. i guess other news is more important? lol...it was talking about the video monitors and how ppl were being able to see in anothers house. just like the listening..ppl could see others babies in their cribs sleeping
OMG - that is scary!!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

That link is not working for me. Here is another: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...110009929.html
Old 12-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

A new mom cannot stop worrying about the troubles that the newborn will face even if she is away for a few minutes. There are other regular chores and jobs at home that take them away from the baby! Baby monitors help the mother (parent) to keep an eye on the baby from anywhere in the home. The parent is able to see and hear the infant even when she is physically not present near the child.
Baby monitors are available in a wide variety of styles, from audio monitors to models with video monitors and movement sensors.
In my opinion,video baby monitor is a very good helper.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Hurt Betrayed Confused

Default Imagine if this happened to you!!

My husband used to have a police scanner. He would set it to scan the channels and stop when voices were heard. The intention is that it would pick up police and fire calls. However, it picked up cordless phone conversations of people within a one-block radius, as well as baby monitors. Well, late one night we heard some neighbors having sex! The whole thing!! Go ahead and slam me for not turning it off... I know we should have. But it's like a bad car wreck that you just HAVE to look at as you drive by.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce View Post
My husband used to have a police scanner. He would set it to scan the channels and stop when voices were heard. The intention is that it would pick up police and fire calls. However, it picked up cordless phone conversations of people within a one-block radius, as well as baby monitors. Well, late one night we heard some neighbors having sex! The whole thing!! Go ahead and slam me for not turning it off... I know we should have. But it's like a bad car wreck that you just HAVE to look at as you drive by.
LOL - no slamming here! The time I heard a baby monitor over the police scanner, I kept listening just to see if I could figure out whose house it was! No sex there though!

Tags
cctv, monitor