Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ideas for Mother's Day??
Josiegirl 02:41 AM 04-24-2018
I *think* I know what I'm going to do with the kids but am not sure, just wondering what you all are doing.
My idea is getting some canvas tote bags and having the dcks make flowers out of hand prints, then making the If you give a mom a muffin poem on their footprints, along with homemade muffins, to tuck into their bags. Don't know if it'll actually happen or not.
I usually do clay pots that the kids paint, then plant flowers in them. But I've done them so many times through out the years that my long time dcms must have quite a collection. Lol And last year when we made them, we did ladybugs and bumblebees out of their thumbprints; came out so sweet. But I found I had done most of the work just to make them look like ladybugs and bumblebees.
amberrose3dg 04:00 AM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I *think* I know what I'm going to do with the kids but am not sure, just wondering what you all are doing.
My idea is getting some canvas tote bags and having the dcks make flowers out of hand prints, then making the If you give a mom a muffin poem on their footprints, along with homemade muffins, to tuck into their bags. Don't know if it'll actually happen or not.
I usually do clay pots that the kids paint, then plant flowers in them. But I've done them so many times through out the years that my long time dcms must have quite a collection. Lol And last year when we made them, we did ladybugs and bumblebees out of their thumbprints; came out so sweet. But I found I had done most of the work just to make them look like ladybugs and bumblebees.
I bought a bunch of plain white mugs. We are going to paint butterflies onto the mugs using the kids thumbprints.
The babies I am probably just going to do handprints.
The older kids I bought planters they can paint an decorate.
Miss A 06:05 AM 04-24-2018
I did canvas silhouettes of my group. I only do big parent gifts on Mother's day and Father's day, so while it was pretty time consuming on my end I know the mom's are going to love them.
lovemykidstoo 06:15 AM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by Miss A:
I did canvas silhouettes of my group. I only do big parent gifts on Mother's day and Father's day, so while it was pretty time consuming on my end I know the mom's are going to love them.
how do you do those
storybookending 07:20 AM 04-24-2018
I am doing clay pots this year and planting flowers as I haven’t done that one yet. Last year all I did was handprint flowers on paper.
Michael 03:02 PM 04-24-2018
More Mother's Day ideas: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...%27s+day+ideas
Second Home 06:17 AM 04-25-2018
I'm doing the dck's handprints on flower pots and planting flowers in them .
BrynleeJean 08:53 AM 04-25-2018
I have these 12 inch wooden letters i got from some craft store and i painted them white letter M and letter O
and i have the kids take cute pics in the grass in the backyard with the letters. I take 2 of the M and one of the O and use just an app on my phone to put all the pics next to each other and the three cute pics spell out MOM. (the idea was from pinterest i think or google)
i laminate the photo and have the kids paint a .99 wooden frame from walmart craft section and stick it in their.
This last year i also had the kids stencil a flower with pink and purple paint on card stock and put a bible verse inside about the strength of the mother and the kids handprint.

i always think the presents probably mean like nothing but i actually made one for myself this last year as well because my son was in care too and i keep that pic on my bedside and the card on my bookshelf. love this
even if i do the pic every year the kid look different and the parent loves it, id find a different card though. i also do that for fathers day sometimes with the D and A letters because dads come up to me saying "hey you gave my wife one, wheres mine" lol
Baby Beluga 09:35 AM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by BrynleeJean:
I have these 12 inch wooden letters i got from some craft store and i painted them white letter M and letter O
and i have the kids take cute pics in the grass in the backyard with the letters. I take 2 of the M and one of the O and use just an app on my phone to put all the pics next to each other and the three cute pics spell out MOM. (the idea was from pinterest i think or google)
i laminate the photo and have the kids paint a .99 wooden frame from walmart craft section and stick it in their.
This last year i also had the kids stencil a flower with pink and purple paint on card stock and put a bible verse inside about the strength of the mother and the kids handprint.

i always think the presents probably mean like nothing but i actually made one for myself this last year as well because my son was in care too and i keep that pic on my bedside and the card on my bookshelf. love this
even if i do the pic every year the kid look different and the parent loves it, id find a different card though. i also do that for fathers day sometimes with the D and A letters because dads come up to me saying "hey you gave my wife one, wheres mine" lol
May I ask the verse you used?
BrynleeJean 09:54 AM 04-25-2018
Proverbs 31:26-28 NKJV
but really you could pick around in the proverbs 31 area. i just shortened with that to make it fit and it was still a bit lengthy
Tags:mother's day ideas
Reply Up