Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Driveway & Yard Issue
JeepGirl6 05:58 PM 05-16-2014
Our house sits 1,200 feet from the road. Their is one other house back here after you go up the driveway. When my daycare parents are arriving/departing our yard & neighbors is getting driven in. We have a shared driveway that is gravel that leads to the road and then we each have our own concrete driveway. We are thinking someone else is coming up or down the gravel drive so they go through our yard or neighbor's to go around the person...Well it has been raining pretty often here so them driving in our yard leads to tearing it up, muddy mess and destroying the yard. Today is the 2nd time it has happened but this time even worse. From our concrete drive they can see whether or not someone is coming up the drive. Like today they pulled out of our drive and then went into our grass right in front of our house. Why couldn't they have waited in our concrete drive when seeing someone come up the drive instead of pulling out and going through our yard? It took my husband 2 hours to fix the spot they tore up the first time in my neighbors yard and now this one is far worse now in ours.

I guess what I am asking is what to say exactly to the parents so they stay in our drive and to stay out of the grass. I want to type a letter up and give it to all of them Monday. I think I know what parent is doing it but I am not certain. They need to watch for other daycare parents before pulling out of our concrete driveway.

I don't want to sound like a pain in the butt but they are destroying our yard when going around another daycare parent.

We are suppose to get our yard treated and my husband feels its going to be a waste if it doesn't even look nice from them tearing it up.

Edited: There is a house at the end of our drive which is our neighbors sister...She has a horseshoe drive and allows anyone to pull in there if someone is coming down the drive. So the daycare parents can wait in that drive If they see another daycare parent coming from the opposite end.
cheerfuldom 07:55 PM 05-16-2014
I would type up a letter reminding parents of your driveway situation as well as options in case of overcrowding. Bold and cap letters that driving into the grass is completely unacceptable and not tolerated. Any parent choosing to violate this rule will be penalized with a fee that will include labor and supplies for repairing the yard, which will need to be paid before childcare services continue. Repeat offenders will be terminated from care.
Mister Sir Husband 08:41 PM 05-16-2014
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I would type up a letter reminding parents of your driveway situation as well as options in case of overcrowding. Bold and cap letters that driving into the grass is completely unacceptable and not tolerated. Any parent choosing to violate this rule will be penalized with a fee that will include labor and supplies for repairing the yard, which will need to be paid before childcare services continue. Repeat offenders will be terminated from care.
Exactly this.. 👍
CraftyMom 06:31 AM 05-17-2014
Yes, let them know you will not tolerate this.

Maybe they aren't think of it as your yard? Still no excuse, just trying to think of why someone would do that.
Reply Up