Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wait List
Darling 03:21 PM 04-12-2016
I just filled up this last week and I have another person who really wants to schedule a tour and I told her I could have her come and tour but would have to wait list her since I don't have any openings. How do wait lists work exactly? How do you get to work?
NillaWafers 03:47 PM 04-12-2016
I don't tour till I have an opening. It's a waste of time otherwise because that person could have found a spot by the time you are looking to fill a spot.

I add people to the wait list, email monthly that saying I have __ openings. If they reply they stay on the wait list. If they don't I remove them (ala BlackCat) otherwise I noticed everyone on my wait list doesn't need care any more (hence making it practically useless).
JackandJill 04:10 PM 04-12-2016
I ask people for the days/hours of care, age of child and best way to contact. I tell them I will reach out for an interview when I have an opening that matches their needs. While on the wait list, I encourage them to like the daycare Facebook page and include them in the newsletter email, both give them an idea of what we do and keeps them interested. This has always worked for me!
Blackcat31 06:22 PM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Darling:
I just filled up this last week and I have another person who really wants to schedule a tour and I told her I could have her come and tour but would have to wait list her since I don't have any openings. How do wait lists work exactly? How do you get to work?
Ill PM you the link to mine. It has a "how it works" section.
Amy's Kids is the author.
Blackcat31 06:28 PM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
I add people to the wait list, email monthly that saying I have __ openings. If they reply they stay on the wait list. If they don't I remove them (ala BlackCat) otherwise I noticed everyone on my wait list doesn't need care any more (hence making it practically useless).
maintaining an active waitlist really is simple and only takes a few minutes each month.
ColorfulSunburst 06:42 PM 04-12-2016
I don't tour till I have an opening. It's a waste of time otherwise because that person could have found a spot by the time you are looking to fill a spot.
we charge people for including them on the waiting list. It is not refundable and is equal our registration fee. In fact, it is the registration fee that is paid in an advance.
Darling 03:57 PM 04-13-2016

So even if you have no openings, you still call or email them? Just making sure I understand that correctly.
CityGarden 04:04 PM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Ill PM you the link to mine. It has a "how it works" section.
Amy's Kids is the author.
Will you please PM me the link as well?
NillaWafers 04:52 PM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by Darling:
So even if you have no openings, you still call or email them? Just making sure I understand that correctly.
Correct.
Tags:waiting list, waiting list interviews
Reply Up