Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Going to Post a Note On My Front Door
Unregistered 06:53 AM 12-15-2014
I'm going to post instructions on my door on how to open a door. Yes some people are idiots and forget to push in while turning the door knob. I was in the kitchen feeding the kids breakfast when someone pounds on the door like it was an emergency or something so I go running to the door i opend and said it wasn't locked dcm said it wouldn't open I didn't want to break your door. Turn and push you ding bat the last five parents that arrived before you had no problems opening the door.
Blackcat31 06:56 AM 12-15-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm going to post instructions on my door on how to open a door. Yes some people are idiots and forget to push in while turning the door knob. I was in the kitchen feeding the kids breakfast when someone pounds on the door like it was an emergency or something so I go running to the door i opend and said it wasn't locked dcm said it wouldn't open I didn't want to break your door. Turn and push you ding bat the last five parents that arrived before you had no problems opening the door.
If she can't open a door knob, I certainly wouldn't assume that she can read a note, comprehend the contents and then follow directions...
Unregistered 07:05 AM 12-15-2014
That's is true lol 😀
melilley 10:22 AM 12-15-2014
not funny that she broke your door, but funny that people can be so, duh!

I once had a parent who could open the door, but apparently couldn't figure out how to get out without breaking it. He opened it, but then somehow got hooked to a latch in the middle of the door that holds up the glass in the summer so you can adjust the amount of air coming in and broke it right off!
daycarediva 10:56 AM 12-15-2014
Amusing, but I have had this happen. I always tell parents to come right in and keep the door unlocked for pick up and drop off times. Well, a few months in and I FINALLY figured out a dcm kept knocking because she couldn't open my door. It's one with a handle that you have to push the button and then push in at the same time.
SignMeUp 11:08 AM 12-15-2014
Ohhh myyy. It's sooo complicated

I have had two or three moms in the past few years who couldn't figure out if they should ring the upstairs or downstairs doorbell, when the door was locked.
The child care area is, and always has been, downstairs.

And if I tell them they should ring the downstairs bell, they don't know which one that is (Uhmmm, it's the one below the upstairs bell )

And then sometimes they ring the wrong one and then call me in a panic "because you aren't answering the door!!!" <---this occurs after all of the above events

Is there something that I'm not understanding? Is this much more complicated than I realize?
originalkat 12:18 PM 12-15-2014

WOW! People.
AuntTami 02:25 PM 12-15-2014
My polish hubby installed our front door and did so backwards so the handle to the door is on the right but the handle to the storm door is on the left..... I've watched my parents walk into the doors so many times because they're not paying attention and they reach for the handle and its on the opposite side of the handle they just opened.... LOL

In the parents defense, I have a hard time with some doors too. My best friend used to live in an apartment where you had to push the whole knob IN while you were turning it..... I had no idea, so one day whn I went to let her dog out, I stood outside for 15 minutes trying to figure out how to open the door before a neighbor "let me in on the secret"....
Kim's Sweet-Tots 03:58 PM 12-16-2014
Hello yall! This is my first time to speak other than introducing myself a few weeks ago. Just reading this makes me shake my head. I have no trouble with them not opening the door but I DO have problems with no one reading the note on it!!!!!!! I try to save myself a little time and post a note instead of typing one out for each parent but no one seems to be looking straight ahead! Sorry if I sound grumpy. I just don't get parents.

Kim
SignMeUp 05:23 PM 12-16-2014
I've come to the conclusion that no one reads anymore, except on small hand-held technological units
Silly Songs 07:09 PM 12-16-2014
OP , I have a bad feeling in my heart when I see posts calling people names . It's a bad habit and if you want to succeed in business, you should curb it . You can refer to people as "silly " " complicated " etc .
Reply Up