Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Glorious New Late Pick-Up Fee
MarinaVanessa 04:03 PM 08-22-2018
I had charged $1 per minute late pick-up fee for a while but still had a couple of families here and there be late in picking up, one DCD in particular. Most grumbled when I charged them but it didn't really fix the problem and the one DCD would even joke about paying extra in advance for when he was late .

I really just wanted the kids to be picked up on time so I changed my policy again and started charging a flat $20 for the first 15 minutes they were late then the additional $1 per minute. I haven't had a single family be late since.

I'm sitting here smugly sipping my tea smiling happily as my habitual late comer DCD walks out my door after having run up my walk panting with only 1 minute to spare. Happy Hump Day Everone!!
jenboo 05:27 PM 08-22-2018
😂😂😂
That's the best feeling
LysesKids 08:47 PM 08-22-2018
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I had charged $1 per minute late pick-up fee for a while but still had a couple of families here and there be late in picking up, one DCD in particular. Most grumbled when I charged them but it didn't really fix the problem and the one DCD would even joke about paying extra in advance for when he was late .

I really just wanted the kids to be picked up on time so I changed my policy again and started charging a flat $20 for the first 15 minutes they were late then the additional $1 per minute. I haven't had a single family be late since.

I'm sitting here smugly sipping my tea smiling happily as my habitual late comer DCD walks out my door after having run up my walk panting with only 1 minute to spare. Happy Hump Day Everone!!
Yep... My families know it's $10 after 1 minute & another 10 by 10 minutes... unless there is an accident not one shows late lol
Ariana 09:44 PM 08-22-2018
Now you need a 3 strikes and your gone policy! I have only had to charge one late fee in 8 years!
Unregistered 02:05 PM 08-25-2018
Mine is $15 for the first 1-15 minutes late then $10/increment of 10 minutes late. so if 11 minutes late, they owe $25. no issues since that policy was changed.
littlefriends 05:21 PM 08-26-2018
This is the greatest thing I’ve ever read!
Tags:late pick up fee
Reply Up