Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Am A Complete And Total SUCKER!!!
sahm2three 12:57 PM 02-16-2011
Why do I do things I know that I shouldn't because it would be too much emotionally for me?! I have my hands full as it is!!! I took on the special needs boy 2 days a week (and hired an assistant). I feel awful for him, and want to make sure he is in a home where he will be cared for, loved, and not neglected or abused. So I took him. I know I shouldn't, he is a LOT LOT LOT of work. But I did anyways. I am going to go write SUCKER on my forehead now......ugh.
daycare 01:12 PM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Why do I do things I know that I shouldn't because it would be too much emotionally for me?! I have my hands full as it is!!! I took on the special needs boy 2 days a week (and hired an assistant). I feel awful for him, and want to make sure he is in a home where he will be cared for, loved, and not neglected or abused. So I took him. I know I shouldn't, he is a LOT LOT LOT of work. But I did anyways. I am going to go write SUCKER on my forehead now......ugh.
write sweetheart sucker....lol

so very thoughtful and kind of you.
sahm2three 08:54 AM 02-17-2011
LOL. Thanks. He is the little guy I have talked about on here before that has CP and lots of other issues. He is a 17 mo newborn, basically. He can't roll over, sit up, nothing like that. He does babble a bit, and will smile when tickled, and has the most beautiful eyes. But I just hope that it works out.
momatheart 08:57 AM 02-17-2011
Yes that is very nice of you and by law providers can not charge more either. 5 days a week would be a lot! Bless your heart you know those parents are probably so greatful for you.

Are you loosing money by hiring an assistant when he is there? Or is it only for a few hours?
boysx5 09:41 AM 02-17-2011
well your not a sucker just a person who loves kids
DCMom 10:00 AM 02-17-2011
Awww, you aren't a sucker ~ you just have a big heart.
angelpayne24 10:11 AM 02-17-2011
Aww how kind of you to take in a special needs child. I don't believe you are a sucker one bit, but someone who has a love for all children!
sahm2three 12:35 PM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by momatheart:
Yes that is very nice of you and by law providers can not charge more either. 5 days a week would be a lot! Bless your heart you know those parents are probably so greatful for you.

Are you loosing money by hiring an assistant when he is there? Or is it only for a few hours?
Well, I hired my mom, who is in the process of getting certified. She spends quite a bit of time here anyways, so she agreed to only take what I bring in for my new little guy. So, I am not losing money, but I am not making money either. It's ok though, it isn't all about the money. It is only two days a week.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all your kind words.
Tags:assistant
Reply Up