Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When Should I Tell My Parents?
Unregistered 02:08 AM 09-05-2014
I signed out for privacy. I want to sell my existing DC house & move in a more desirable location a couple miles miles away. I do not live at DC house. I will not have a sign in the yard & all showings will be after hours or weekends. Realtor said my place will sell quickly. When I move, I will end services here on a Friday & start services at the new location on a Monday. At the new location I also want to implement a new fee structure like Nannyde’s based on pick up time. I haven’t attempted to fill my vacate spots in light of all of this. Should I? Do I bring existing clients over with grandfathered contract or have them sign a new one? What do you tell your parents & when do you do it?
nannyde 03:30 AM 09-05-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I signed out for privacy. I want to sell my existing DC house & move in a more desirable location a couple miles miles away. I do not live at DC house. I will not have a sign in the yard & all showings will be after hours or weekends. Realtor said my place will sell quickly. When I move, I will end services here on a Friday & start services at the new location on a Monday. At the new location I also want to implement a new fee structure like Nannyde’s based on pick up time. I haven’t attempted to fill my vacate spots in light of all of this. Should I? Do I bring existing clients over with grandfathered contract or have them sign a new one? What do you tell your parents & when do you do it?
If you can afford to loose the existing ones I would not grandfather them in. Just give them first shot at the new slots with new contract. I would tell them after the inspections are completed when the sale is more secure.
Rachel 06:18 AM 09-05-2014
How much notice do you need to give them in the contract? How much time between when the place sells and when you will make the move? I agree with Nanny if you don't need them don't grandfather them in, but if you do need them.... well only you can decide. Do you think the new location will be better or worse for your families?
2grls4us 02:47 PM 09-08-2014
I think if i were you i would type out a letter or memo to all parents saying this is whats happening and here is a copy of the new contract that will go into place on the first day your open in the new location. I would do this as soon as possible. Let them know you hope they will stay and move with you as your excited about all the changes but if they do not want to follow new policies this will give tbem adequate time to find alternative care.
Reply Up