Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Off Topic..Have You Ever Sold a House Privately?

Our house is almost ready to go on the market, just finishing up a couple little projects first. We are hoping to sell privately but don't really know the process. We need to write up a seller's disclosure, then can we start advertising and showing? Do we wait to find a lawyer until we have someone interested?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I've had several friends do it. One couple said it was great and saved them a ton. Another family said it was a nightmare and they will never, ever do it again!!!!

So I would just suggest doing lots of homework...ask who has done it and go from there! Looks like you are already on the "ask around" task!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Daycare.com Member

We sold our home by ourselves 12 years ago. My husband and I both have experience in high end sales. Not real estate though. We did not use a lawyer. We bought legal real estate sales documents at Office Depot. The buyers used a lawyer. We had no problems at all. The real estate market back then was HOT! We sold the house in just a couple of months for full price. We were fortunate because there was a couple of houses listed with realtors on our street. One was directly across the street. After we sold our house we bought our current house without a realtor too. Good luck.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Advanced Daycare.com

My parents did it. They hired an attorney after a decided purchase agreement and amount was reached.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Daycare.com Member

We have sold and purchased homes privately. A good title company will help you with all the needed documents. It's not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Daycare.com Member

Have you looked at www.forsalebyowner.com? I think you have to buy some sort of package, but they offer a lot of guidance. You pick the package based on the amount of help you want I think.

We had some friends use them, or maybe it was someone like them, and they were pleased.