Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Mommy to 2

Default Favorite website/store for daycare

For purchasing anything like cots, mats, tables, chairs, rugs, toys, etc.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:33 AM
Daycare.com Member

Surprisingly, I found my individual sleep cots on sale at Toys R Us for pretty cheap! Really comfy too. I've found individual items for the low on amazon.com. IKEA has cheap, kid-friendly furniture, utensils, etc.; check Wayfair, Target, Big Lots and for daycare specific items: http://ecmdstore.com. Also, check out any local consignment stores for toys, high chairs, etc. For everyday activities, plasticware, and supplies you'll be surprised what you can find at Dollar Tree. Good luck!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:35 AM
Daycare.com Member

Too dollar tree and goodwill count?
Old 03-01-2013, 08:00 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxMom View Post
Surprisingly, I found my individual sleep cots on sale at Toys R Us for pretty cheap! Really comfy too. I've found individual items for the low on amazon.com. IKEA has cheap, kid-friendly furniture, utensils, etc.; check Wayfair, Target, Big Lots and for daycare specific items: http://ecmdstore.com. Also, check out any local consignment stores for toys, high chairs, etc. For everyday activities, plasticware, and supplies you'll be surprised what you can find at Dollar Tree. Good luck!
Thank you!! I need one or two more cots and don't want to order 4!! I will check it out!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrlee View Post
Too dollar tree and goodwill count?
I love the dollar tree and goodwill for daycare things.I have found some great stuff.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Mommy to 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls620 View Post
I love the dollar tree and goodwill for daycare things.I have found some great stuff.
I'm more looking for the big ticket items and online shopping. Where is the best quality for the price.

I do like dollar tree. I love their art supplies section.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCDaycareMN View Post
I'm more looking for the big ticket items and online shopping. Where is the best quality for the price.

I do like dollar tree. I love their art supplies section.
All my big stuff, like cubbies, tables & chairs, shelves and stuff like that come from a local guy I know.

His name is "Dear" as in DH

No, seriously, he makes all my stuff for me and I love that he does/will because I have seen some of the prices they want for some of that stuff and it is outrageously over-priced!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Daycare.com Member

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com

I have purchased a lot of different things from Discount School Supply. They are especially good for inexpensive art supplies.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Chaos Coordinator :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKarma View Post
http://www.discountschoolsupply.com

I have purchased a lot of different things from Discount School Supply. They are especially good for inexpensive art supplies.

I've bought things off here (usually when I have a coupon code )
www.constructiveplaythings.com
http://www.lakeshorelearning.com
http://www.learningpalace.com/
Old 03-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Family Childcare Home

I second Discount School Supply. I love getting my stuff from them and have a wishlist that I write everything that I want down and then save up for an item and buy the stuff on my list little by little. It's great quality stuff and it's made to last. The way I see it is this stuff (and stuff from other daycare and school suppliers) are made to be used over a long period of time in classrooms of 15+ kids so the furniture and toys really can take a beating and in my daycare of no more than 8 kids this stuff will last me a long time.

Lakeshore Learning stuff also. I was having to buy new dishes and playfood for the dramatic play area every 6 months or so until I just went out and bought a large set of play dishes and play food (multicultural) and I've had them for 3 years now and only last week was one cup cracked.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
All my big stuff, like cubbies, tables & chairs, shelves and stuff like that come from a local guy I know.

No, seriously, he makes all my stuff for me and I love that he does/will because I have seen some of the prices they want for some of that stuff and it is outrageously over-priced!
that is so cool!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:

When we move into a bigger home and I have more space for stuff like shelving and locker style cubbies a guy that I know local that has the exact same name as you is going to be building all of my shelving and stuff too. Weird, I guess the name DH is more common that I thought .
Old 03-02-2013, 05:51 PM
mommyof5-and going crazy

Quote:

I'd love pics!

Tags
daycare supplies, websites