Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hi All - Remember Me? :)
MamaBear 03:27 PM 08-13-2013
Hi everyone! I dont know if any of you remember me? I was on here pretty often about a year and a half ago... I closed down my daycare to work as a secretary for a school while my hubby was on a deployment... anyone remember me? lol

Well I ended up hating working outside the home. I thought working at the school that my kids went to would be great, but my hours were earlier then they needed to be at school and I would work till 6 pm... so I ended up having to pay someone to watch them before & after school which I never wanted to do. It sucked.

Anyway, long story short, I REAAALLY missed doing daycare so I reopened as of February this year! During my closure, my husband came home safe & sound and we bought a new home... which took almost 6 months to get an offer approved and then remodeled and got a lot of things done. It was a really nice break!

So now I have 4 little daycare kiddos again and starting all over. It's been nice though and I'm happy to be back into the daycare mode. I recognize some of the names on here and look forward to reading all your posts again!
Hunni Bee 03:31 PM 08-13-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
Hi everyone! I dont know if any of you remember me? I was on here pretty often about a year and a half ago... I closed down my daycare to work as a secretary for a school while my hubby was on a deployment... anyone remember me? lol

Well I ended up hating working outside the home. I thought working at the school that my kids went to would be great, but my hours were earlier then they needed to be at school and I would work till 6 pm... so I ended up having to pay someone to watch them before & after school which I never wanted to do. It sucked.

Anyway, long story short, I REAAALLY missed doing daycare so I reopened as of February this year! During my closure, my husband came home safe & sound and we bought a new home... which took almost 6 months to get an offer approved and then remodeled and got a lot of things done. It was a really nice break!

So now I have 4 little daycare kiddos again and starting all over. It's been nice though and I'm happy to be back into the daycare mode. I recognize some of the names on here and look forward to reading all your posts again!
I remember you...you were funny!

Glad you're back!
mamac 03:31 PM 08-13-2013
I wasn't here then but welcome back!!!
Blackcat31 03:33 PM 08-13-2013
Welcome back MamaBear!!!!!! Nice to see you again!!
CedarCreek 03:34 PM 08-13-2013
I was not here then but I remember you from researching old threads.

Welcome back!
BumbleBee 03:35 PM 08-13-2013
Welcome Back!
Familycare71 03:35 PM 08-13-2013
I wasn't here then but welcome back!!! And THANK YOU, YOUR HUBBY AND YOUR CHILDREN for the service to our country!! So happy he is home safe!!!!
Meeko 03:41 PM 08-13-2013
Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MamaBear 03:53 PM 08-13-2013
Thanks guys! I'm glad some of you remember me I'm happy to be back. Michael was nice enough to let me slip back in here.

Thank you Familycare71! I was so happy to have my husband come home from Afghanistan. It was an awful deployment. Sadly, he lost 4 of his good friends there... It was horrible. He's been home since last June and definitely was a transition when he came home. It was good timing that I was closed down because the house needed to be quiet and calming for him at that time. It was rough. He's doing good now and that SHOULD be his last deployment... Thank God.

Anyways - I'm happy to be back on here! I'll be posting again like the ole' days lol
MyAngels 04:02 PM 08-13-2013
Hi there, and welcome back

Thank you to your entire family for your sacrifices in service to our country
mom2many 04:04 PM 08-13-2013
Welcome back and so happy your hubby is made it home safe!
Familycare71 04:08 PM 08-13-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
Thanks guys! I'm glad some of you remember me I'm happy to be back. Michael was nice enough to let me slip back in here.

Thank you Familycare71! I was so happy to have my husband come home from Afghanistan. It was an awful deployment. Sadly, he lost 4 of his good friends there... It was horrible. He's been home since last June and definitely was a transition when he came home. It was good timing that I was closed down because the house needed to be quiet and calming for him at that time. It was rough. He's doing good now and that SHOULD be his last deployment... Thank God.

Anyways - I'm happy to be back on here! I'll be posting again like the ole' days lol
The transition home can be so hard! I'm so sorry for the loss of his friends- to all of you!!!
momofboys 04:18 PM 08-13-2013
I remember you !! Welcome back.
MamaBear 04:23 PM 08-13-2013
Thank You!!
snbauser 04:25 PM 08-13-2013
Welcome back! and I am so glad to hear your husband is home. Thank you.
MamaBearCanada 04:31 PM 08-13-2013
From one MamaBear to another thank you for all you and your husband do. And welcome back! (although I am a relative newby here)
Crystal 05:03 PM 08-13-2013
I remember you!!!! In fact, I was just thinking earlier about some of our old "friends" who haven't been around for awhile and you were one of them!

Welcome back, congrats on getting back into the biz, congrats on the new home and welcome back to your hubby!

You have a lot to catch up on around here, better get busy reading!
momofsix 05:10 PM 08-13-2013
Welcome back!!!
MamaBear 07:12 PM 08-13-2013
Ahhh I feel the love Yes... I've been trying to read some of the posts and I'll probably never catch up! haha
SunflowerMama 04:51 AM 08-14-2013
Welcome back!!
littlemissmuffet 06:53 AM 08-14-2013
Welcome back! So glad your family is back together again
AfterSchoolMom 06:58 AM 08-14-2013
Welcome back!
MotherNature 08:01 AM 08-14-2013
I've seen your post from older threads when I was looking through them. welcome back! Congratulations on your husband being home too.
MamaBear 10:29 AM 08-14-2013
Thank you!
mema 11:22 AM 08-14-2013
Welcome back! Glad your dh is home and was able to have a "quiet" transition, altho no matter how quiet and calm, I know it is still a rough time. Hope all is well now. So sorry for the loss of his buddies. My dh lost 3 from his unit when in Iraq and even tho they barely knew each other (his whole unit was a pull together from all over the US just in time to be deployed), it was still very hard on him and still is years later.

Crazy8 11:25 AM 08-14-2013
I remember you! I'm always jealous of the ones who are closing up. Glad your hubby is home safe and sound too!!!
Preschool/daycare teacher 06:26 PM 08-15-2013
I haven't been around here lately, but I remember you from before, and always appreciated your input. You seem to have a lot of wisdom for the childcare field. We missed you while you were gone Welcome back!
MamaBear 07:15 PM 08-15-2013
Ahhhh! Thank you!!
mom2many 07:21 PM 08-15-2013
Originally Posted by Preschool/daycare teacher:
I haven't been around here lately, but I remember you from before, and always appreciated your input. You seem to have a lot of wisdom for the childcare field. We missed you while you were gone Welcome back!

Tags:forum members, military
Reply Up