Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Expensive Food Program OOPS!
pintsize 03:46 PM 02-14-2018
I don't see a search bar so I'm not sure if this has been asked. I e-mailed my sponsor but I'm to impatient to wait for her answer so maybe someone here can help!

I submitted my claim late. electronically at 4ish on the 5th. claims are due by 5pm on the 4th. My best friend and I have been running this daycare together for a year. We alternate cooking and teaching preschool. I usually submit the claim after snack on the last day of the month. My helper was cooking, she entered snack into kidkare, she didn't remember to submit the claim. I entered in food after snack on monday the 5th, found the mistake and submitted the claim at that time. Is there any chance they will make an exception and pay the claim or am I just sol this time? I'm so mad at myself, I always double check everything but somehow this one got past me. We have 12 daycare kids, that's a $900 claim I will be missing out on if they don't process it :-(

Thanks!
hwichlaz 03:49 PM 02-14-2018
Mine will pay it, but maybe with next month not when it would normally come.
Rainbow 05:57 PM 02-14-2018
I recently checked and for me, I have 60 days to submit. I always write everything down on paper, but tend to drag my feet on inputing it online... So, I would assume you are fine.
LostMyMarbles 06:28 AM 02-15-2018
Call your food program rep. Mine us positively awesome. Our internet in the area went out. I could not submit on time. I got a call from my rep the next day asking if I had an issue. She said to let her know asap when I got it to submit and she made a note. You can also go into claimed and it will tell you the pay date coming up and the amount.
Blackcat31 06:37 AM 02-15-2018
We have two different payment dates.

I don't remember the exact dates but it's something like if you submit your claim by noon of the 3rd day you get your reimbursement on the 15th of the month but if you submit by the 10th of the month you don't get your reimbursement until the 20th or maybe 25th...

Like I said, I can't remember the exact dates but there are two submission dates we can submit by.

IIRC, you have like 30 days to submit a claim so you would't be sol either way. I'd see if your sponsor has a website with that info in it and double check the submission dates/deadlines.
Mom2Two 01:01 PM 02-15-2018
Yeah, I would call your sponser. For us, the worst case senario is that we get paid the next month. But the one time I was late they were nice and let it slide.
pintsize 03:42 PM 02-15-2018
My sponsor e-mailed back. I'm in Nebraska... She said that the claim will be processed with next months claim and paid on March 20th instead of February 20th. Thankfully I have some savings I can use for groceries and when I get the double payment in march I can replace my savings!
Blackcat31 07:21 AM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by pintsize:
My sponsor e-mailed back. I'm in Nebraska... She said that the claim will be processed with next months claim and paid on March 20th instead of February 20th. Thankfully I have some savings I can use for groceries and when I get the double payment in march I can replace my savings!
Awesome to hear you aren't going to miss out all together.

Better late than never!
Tags:deduction - food program, food program
Reply Up