Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help With A Form FAST (Please :) )
WDW 10:30 AM 06-07-2011
I have a parent who all of a sudden wants to go from f/t to p/t. I am not doing it as I don't have the part time hours available and don't want to use a f/t slot for p/t. Lots of other issues with this family too as far as payment. Anyway, I need help with a termination form. I am not terming, but I have a VERY strong feeling that she will when I tell her I can't do p/t.

I am just talking about a form that is kind of an end agreement for us. That she has all of her items back from me, she has paid me, etc. Is anyone willing share quickly? I am supposed to call her back in about 20 minutes and knowing her temper, want to be prepared. Thanks!!
Michael 11:14 AM 06-07-2011
Some here to look through: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ination+letter
littlemissmuffet 11:42 AM 06-07-2011
I wouldn't bother. I require that all my parents give one month's notice, only accepted on the 1st day of the last month where care is required - in writing, no exceptions. If they don't give a full month's notice, they are still required to pay. If they don't, they end up in court.
Otherwise, I just get dcp to sign a little slip of paper on the child's last day that confirms that all of their child's belongings were returned.
Cat Herder 11:43 AM 06-07-2011
I would not type up a "term" letter for this, myself.

I would just tell her I don't have a Part-Time slot available. I would ask her if she is planning on vacating her Full-Time slot as I have people waiting. I would then give her a deadline to let me know what she decides and/or her last day of attendance.

Now, if you have a 2 week notice that she needs to pay, today would be the time to remind her of that as well. I don't have that since I have folks biting at the bit to get in here and I avoid dragging a Termination out....
momma2girls 11:50 AM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I would not type up a "term" letter for this, myself.

I would just tell her I don't have a Part-Time slot available. I would ask her if she is planning on vacating her Full-Time slot as I have people waiting. I would then give her a deadline to let me know what she decides and/or her last day of attendance.

Now, if you have a 2 week notice that she needs to pay, today would be the time to remind her of that as well. I don't have that since I have folks biting at the bit to get in here and I avoid dragging a Termination out....
I agree, just tell them in person. Also remind them of the 2 week paid notice, or whatever you have in your contract.
WDW 12:40 PM 06-07-2011
No, I did talk to her in person. All I'm talking about is how to word something for her to sign stating she got all her child's belongings back. I'm not terming... I'm just expecting her to. My contract covers the two weeks notice and all that.
wdmmom 12:58 PM 06-07-2011
My form says

By signing this form, (Parent's name/s) agree to the following:

* parent has received all child's belongings that were in the daycare (I list them out here)

* Agree that all services are completed and final.

* No money is owed to or by either party.

* No action will be taken against (name of) daycare, it's owner or any of it's affliiates.

Signed by (parent and provider and date)

Add anything you deem necessary.
WDW 06:41 AM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
My form says

By signing this form, (Parent's name/s) agree to the following:

* parent has received all child's belongings that were in the daycare (I list them out here)

* Agree that all services are completed and final.

* No money is owed to or by either party.

* No action will be taken against (name of) daycare, it's owner or any of it's affliiates.

Signed by (parent and provider and date)

Add anything you deem necessary.
Thank you!!
Tags:childcare needs changed, termination letter, vacating slot
Reply Up